SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bison

GeauxSioux

Two questions:

What's the biggest crowd to watch a basketball game in North Dakota?

Do the NDSU men return the trip to Grand Forks next year?

He said something about it being a 2 game deal so I assume they are coming to UND next year.

As far as attendance he thought is could be sold out, meaning 9-10k.

It's obviously good that this series is starting up again. I'd just feel a lot more enthusiastic about it if we had a stronger team. I feel a little like I did before the football games in the mid-to-late-1980's in terms of the apparent disparity between the two programs right now.

December 11th is a Saturday. An early Saturday home date in the FargoDome, the home of a certain team that never hosts a playoff? Isn't that date basically a confession that the bison don't have a prayer of a chance of hosting a home playoff game? Or was the date just a royal screw up?

This made me laugh as i just read the thread now and these comments are why you love the rivaly. Its a great back and forth for all. I will be at the game in Sioux gear and i hate basketball.

Game is sold out, I guess Buffalo Wild Wings bought out the remaining tickets and will give them away tomorrow.

From Swany at Bisonville...

They are giving away the tickets at their Fargo, Moorhead, Grand Forks and Bismarck locations. Glad to see they included Minot.

Ticket distribution begins on first-come basis starting tomorrow (Wed.) at 11 am. There is a four ticket limit per person with a valid photo ID.

More than 9,300 tickets are out for Saturday's game. (The roughly 7,000 already sold plus the 2,200 BW's tickets).

Rumor has it that BWW has bought up all the tickets so the game is now a sell out! I belive they will be giving tickets away tomororw at Fargo, Moorhead, Grand Forks and minot locations.

this is just a rumor that i heard from a inside source at UND but i could ne wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rumor has it that BWW has bought up all the tickets so the game is now a sell out! I belive they will be giving tickets away tomororw at Fargo, Moorhead, Grand Forks and minot locations.

this is just a rumor that i heard from a inside source at UND but i could ne wrong

No longer a rumor...Buffalo Wild Wings buys out tickets for UND/NDSU game.

GO SIOUX

It's a sell out but you can still buy tickets :silly:

A limited number of tickets are still on sale at GoBison.com/tickets and the Bison Sports Arena ticket office.

Odd that this game (and a number of others) costs more than the SDSU Jacks. $12 vs $15.

I wouldn't know what to think if I just bought four tickets for $60 when I could now just get them for free at BWW.

It's a sell out but you can still buy tickets :silly:

Odd that this game (and a number of others) costs more than the SDSU Jacks. $12 vs $15.

I wouldn't know what to think if I just bought four tickets for $60 when I could now just get them for free at BWW.

Pretty sure BWW just bought the remaining endzone tickets, when I was at the BSA late this afternoon only about three sideline sections had seats still available and those seats were limited. If you've ever been to a basketball game at the dome the sideline seats are much better than the endzone seats. .

I see on bville and on the prairie cow media blog there is the same 3 to 5 people who represent themselves as 10 people who are crying bloody murder on this. Lakes over at bville is so absolutely furious-that he's pulling out whatever lies he can and directing it at the reignition of the rivalry. Best one..."The Bison coaching staff didn't want this game but had it forced by the admins"---honestly, if their coaching staff were not ok with playing this... this game would not have happened. The fact is, this game is good for fans of basketball in this state.

The fact that this game has sent Lakes over the edge...makes me smile a bit more today. :lol:

This should be great fun, and even though I'm not so sure about our team heading into this season, I know I'm going to be there to cheer them on until I'm hoarse. With the bigger venue- we should try to get as many Sioux fans in as possible.

Lakes Bison is a moron and a buffoon.

I go over to Bisonville almost every day to see what's going on there. Because I'm a sports fan and there local. Whe you read the posts you get the feeling Lakes posts under many usernames. Kinda funny. There's on thing you can count on on Bisonville when things are not going well for the Bison. They start up a UND-Grand Forks sucks thread. It's internet cat nip for the Bison faithful.It doesn't take long to get about 50 replies. You can see them all nodding there heads in agreement . You gotta love rivalries.

• Downvote 1

I go over to Bisonville almost every day to see what's going on there. Because I'm a sports fan and there local. Whe you read the posts you get the feeling Lakes posts under many usernames. Kinda funny. There's on thing you can count on on Bisonville when things are not going well for the Bison. They start up a UND-Grand Forks sucks thread. It's internet cat nip for the Bison faithful.It doesn't take long to get about 50 replies. You can see them all nodding there heads in agreement . You gotta love rivalries.

LMAO.....that is a good one!

As for the tickets being bought out by BWW......Kinda to bad because that really puts a crimp on anyone that decides late to go out to a BB game........but then again this game is about money.

LMAO.....that is a good one!

As for the tickets being bought out by BWW......Kinda to bad because that really puts a crimp on anyone that decides late to go out to a BB game........but then again this game is about money.

Thanks you made my day.

Lakes Bison is a moron and a buffoon.

I particularly enjoyed the following post from lakes referring to him hanging out with the CEO of BWW's...

Yea. I call BS on this.

BWWS dude is totally und, I was with him at moondance last year, and he drove me nuts.did NDSU/UND admin kinda hit the PANIC button and do this when they couldnt sell anymore?

odd, very odd,

For the record the BWW's CEO is Sally Smith, a graduate of UND...

I particularly enjoyed the following post from lakes referring to him hanging out with the CEO of BWW's...

For the record the BWW's CEO is Sally Smith, a graduate of UND...

Not to ever defend Lakes, but I think he was referring to the local franchise owner. Sally Smith would have nothing to do with this decision to by 2200 tickets.

Not to ever defend Lakes, but I think he was referring to the local franchise owner. Sally Smith would have nothing to do with this decision to by 2200 tickets.

The local BWW franchise owner is a GF Central grad. Will be interesting to see if BWW participates next year when the game is likely at the Ralph.

Just went and picked up my tickets. Prolly about 100 given away before 11:20.

Said fargo has about 1000 grand forks has aroudn 800 and bismarkc has 400 to give away.

HUrry up and get there sioux fans!

Also, said bww has access to a ndsu feed in high quality at all bww locations.

Via UND Fighting Sioux on Facebook - posted an hour ago.

Sioux Fans! There are 250 FREE tickets left at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Grand Forks for the UND-Bison basketball game this weekend. If they do not all get picked up by tomorrow they are considering moving them down to the Fargo Buffalo Wild Wings. Don't let this happen!! Each person can get 4 tickets. Let's make sure those tickets stay in the hands of Fighting Sioux fans.

The local BWW franchise owner is a GF Central grad. Will be interesting to see if BWW participates next year when the game is likely at the Ralph.

Rumor here is that a bit a disagreement between our alumni assoc/Sioux Boosters and BWW, led to the ticket buy. Apparently, Labby's will be hosting the Sioux Booster pregame party which is only a few hundred yards from BWW in North Fargo. Anyone else hear this???????

Rumor here is that a bit a disagreement between our alumni assoc/Sioux Boosters and BWW, led to the ticket buy. Apparently, Labby's will be hosting the Sioux Booster pregame party which is only a few hundred yards from BWW in North Fargo. Anyone else hear this???????

Yes the Sioux fan bus will be at Labby's. I think his kids go to UND.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sally Smith made the call on the tickets. Along with Phil Jackson, John Barry and 32 other UND alum's, she is helping lead the $300 million campaign and is a very good friend of the UND Alumni Foundation. UND alum's are always trying to help our neighbors to the south because they can't seem to get their own alumni to help build the downtown campus, the presidents house and other needed projects. :lol: