SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bison

GeauxSioux

Well, I have decided that when the single game tickets go on sale I will be buying! This will be an event and I am sure the crowd will be wild. It will also be interesting to see it played on a neutral floor. Now the only question remaining is how damn cold will it be in the RR Valley for that game.

But......remember......I don't give a damn about the rivalry......... ;)

Well, I have decided that when the single game tickets go on sale I will be buying! This will be an event and I am sure the crowd will be wild. It will also be interesting to see it played on a neutral floor. Now the only question remaining is how damn cold will it be in the RR Valley for that game.

But......remember......I don't give a damn about the rivalry......... ;)

Not sure when they went on sale...but I bought 4 yesterday. gohomebison.com

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of predictions similar to this among Bison fans. I have seen anywhere from 20-40 point blowout.

One question: you do realize your team sucked last year, right? Their record was 11-18 with the best win of the season coming vs. 14-16 SDSU. Oh wait, thats right, I keep forgetting that you had the best recruiting class in Summit League history and your program is rich with tradition.

Seriously Bison fans, can you at least be realistic. I know UND is way down but c'mon. Plus, the game is being played in the Dome which will change things.

Sioux-

What was UND's record last year? Oh yes it was 8-22, and considering that UND was playing a much softer schedule than NDSU I think that NDSU's 11-18 record is a bit better than your 8-22 record. Personally I think NDSU will win by as little as 10 points or as many as 30 points. We have recruited better basketball talent than you have and we are a program on the rise, you guys still look lost. I hope for fans it is a good game, but with the fact that NDSU just has a bit more talent than UND I don't think the game will be that close. Sorry to be realistic.

Your not telling any Sioux fans something we don't know. We have work to do. Hopefully today will be the start we need to get going in the right direction. You might think that is smack but it really doesn't tell something we don't know. We will be back though.

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of predictions similar to this among Bison fans. I have seen anywhere from 20-40 point blowout.

One question: you do realize your team sucked last year, right? Their record was 11-18 with the best win of the season coming vs. 14-16 SDSU. Oh wait, thats right, I keep forgetting that you had the best recruiting class in Summit League history and your program is rich with tradition.

Seriously Bison fans, can you at least be realistic. I know UND is way down but c'mon. Plus, the game is being played in the Dome which will change things.

NDSU looks pretty tough this year. They are #24 in the mid-major poll (SDSU is #25) and their only loss was in OT to Oregon.

After watching a marginal IPFW team beat UND by 10 I would say NDSU wins by 15-30.

I am looking forward to the bison game. This team has already played in front of much more hostile environments against better teams than what they will face in the dome, and I like the fact the game is in the dome and not the bsa. The vastness of the dome creates a more sterile environment than the bsa, and moving the bison into the dome takes them off their home court-far less comfortability knocking down shots in the dome than bsa. I'm not ready to pick an upset, but the bison loss to a very average green bay team shows me they are as prone to egg laying as anyone else. The Sioux need reminding that Woodside is gone.

I am looking forward to the bison game. This team has already played in front of much more hostile environments against better teams than what they will face in the dome, and I like the fact the game is in the dome and not the bsa. The vastness of the dome creates a more sterile environment than the bsa, and moving the bison into the dome takes them off their home court-far less comfortability knocking down shots in the dome than bsa. I'm not ready to pick an upset, but the bison loss to a very average green bay team shows me they are as prone to egg laying as anyone else. The Sioux need reminding that Woodside is gone.

NDSU is not vastly superior to North Dakota in basketball. They will likely be the favorites and should be with a more veteran team. Bison fans would have you believe that the team that Woodside captained as a senior is the norm..................rather, it was an abarration.

NDSU is not vastly superior to North Dakota in basketball. They will likely be the favorites and should be with a more veteran team. Bison fans would have you believe that the team that Woodside captained as a senior is the norm..................rather, it was an abarration.

It all depends on which NDSU team shows up. If the one from the Green Bay game shows up, it will be a toss up, if the one that beat UC Santa Barbara or the one that was within 50-44 midway through the 2nd half at the U of Minn shows up it could be a 20 point blow out.

NDSU actually has a preety young team. Tveidt and Coleman are the only seniors and Coleman has not played much at all in his career. Carlson is the only other player on their rsoter with much experience. The atmosphere could get to NDSU as much as UND, not to mention their will be much more pressure on the Bison, which I don't think they handle very well.

very very good points. shooting a basketball in a dome is much different than shooting in a smaller venue. many ncaa teams will tell you this after playing in the ncaa tournament

NDSU really played poorly against Green Bay. I would have to say that I am less confident of a win after watching that. NDSU should still be favored, but I am concerned about not being able to play consistantly. The teams that do well in BB are always able to master consistant play at home and on the road.

NDSU really played poorly against Green Bay. I would have to say that I am less confident of a win after watching that. NDSU should still be favored, but I am concerned about not being able to play consistantly. The teams that do well in BB are always able to master consistant play at home and on the road.

To say the Bison still should be favored is kind of an understatement. If this game is within 25 points I would be shocked.

I believe UND has just one road win over a non-transitional dI team under Brian Jones (UMKC to open the 2008-09 season). And NDSU has an RPI of 157, compared to UND at 337. If UND stays within 15, I would be pleasantly surprised. Mitchell and the three freshmen would probably all need to have really good games for UND to be competitive.

I believe UND has just one road win over a non-transitional dI team under Brian Jones (UMKC to open the 2008-09 season). And NDSU has an RPI of 157, compared to UND at 337. If UND stays within 15, I would be pleasantly surprised. Mitchell and the three freshmen would probably all need to have really good games for UND to be competitive.

NDSU is a year away from being a good team. Their guard play is not good. Next year with Lindberg coming in from Superior, WI and Hale. a transfer point guard from Minneapolis (Via Texas State), they will be much better even without Tveidt.

I say it won't be more than a ten point game.

NDSU is a year away from being a good team. Their guard play is not good. Next year with Lindberg coming in from Superior, WI and Hale. a transfer point guard from Minneapolis (Via Texas State), they will be much better even without Tveidt.

I say it won't be more than a ten point game.

the guard play is fine. just need to improve a little defensively on the perimeter

FREE Fan Bus to NDSU Basketball Game!

The bus will be leaving at 3:30 p.m. from the Memorial Stadium parking lot filled with pom poms, megaphones, and materials to make posters! After arriving at the Fargodome, students are encouraged to walk over to Labby's Grill and Bar for the UND pre-party until the game begins at 7 p.m. Pizza will be provided by Student Government on the bus for the ride to and from Fargo! No alcohol allowed on the bus.

PSHH no booze? do they wnat a half empty bus or what?

Maybe its just me but most people I know in GF like to have a few cocktails before a game especially on AL pearson's busses. But whatever i guess it is free so idk what im bitchin but still lol no booze? I remember the charte [lane to to watch the sioxu in 2001 football game, i think there was more booze on that plane then the plane had in its fuel lol.

I will be attending this game but not by this bus.

Ps I bet i will get slammed on this and the people that slam me dont live in Grand Forks and dont understand the culture.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PSHH no booze? do they wnat a half empty bus or what?

Maybe its just me but most people I know in GF like to have a few cocktails before a game especially on AL pearson's busses. But whatever i guess it is free so idk what im bitchin but still lol no booze? I remember the charte [lane to to watch the sioxu in 2001 football game, i think there was more booze on that plane then the plane had in its fuel lol.

I will be attending this game but not by this bus.

Ps I bet i will get slammed on this and the people that slam me dont live in Grand Forks and dont understand the culture.

Two points. First, this is a bus for students that is sponsored by Sioux Crew. In other words, this is a function of the University. It is not for the general public. As such it has to be alcohol free. The bus was announced at the games this weekend and if you read the page you would have seen it was a Sioux Crew function.

Second, if you can't go an hour without a cocktail you probably have a problem. I do live in Grand Forks, I do know the culture. I've lived in or around Grand Forks a majority of my life. I also like a cocktail from time to time. A lot of people would like to have cocktails. But I will repeat, if you can't go an hour without then you have a problem. The pregame gathering is at a bar in Fargo, you can go have your cocktails there if you want.

Two points. First, this is a bus for students that is sponsored by Sioux Crew. In other words, this is a function of the University. It is not for the general public. As such it has to be alcohol free. The bus was announced at the games this weekend and if you read the page you would have seen it was a Sioux Crew function.

Second, if you can't go an hour without a cocktail you probably have a problem. I do live in Grand Forks, I do know the culture. I've lived in or around Grand Forks a majority of my life. I also like a cocktail from time to time. A lot of people would like to have cocktails. But I will repeat, if you can't go an hour without then you have a problem. The pregame gathering is at a bar in Fargo, you can go have your cocktails there if you want.

I don't think gfhockey wants cocktails... gfhockey wants to drink some Keystone. wink.gif

How many Sioux fans will be there? It would be fun to sell this out. I think that would take something like 9000 tickets and I think they are around 7000 sold now. The problem is that I suspect the remaining seats are not that great as the Fargodome is not a great BB facility. I was tempted to head to the football game, but after freezing my ass off at Bozeman (getting xrayed today for pneumonia), I decided to use my tickets to this one and head to Fargo for some BB. I will watch FB at Buffalo Wild Wings.....

Safe travels to anyone heading to Fargo this weekend!