SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Was he on Bradā€™s list or no?

I have a feeling this commit took Brad by surprise.Ā  It seems like with most commits, he has a bit of inside knowledge, as he has an article with quotes within a few hours of the commitment.Ā  This one...so far nothing other than a screenshot of Ashton's social media post.

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

I have a feeling this commit took Brad by surprise.Ā  It seems like with most commits, he has a bit of inside knowledge, as he has an article with quotes within a few hours of the commitment.Ā  This one...so far nothing other than a screenshot of Ashton's social media post.

I was not super surprised about it. I heard of him a while ago and felt like he was a Twin Cities kid we could realistically get if we actually recruited him.Ā 

Some notes I picked up on Schultz.

• 4 Star
  • Great 17 Camp recently, was PuckPreps biggest riser. Made Hlinka camp but left off team.
    • An important note. Schultz is an Oct. bday. Only one player on the roster had a Fall / Winter '06 bday.
  • Had a really solid year on the best team in the State, played in the best conference.
    • Sophomore: 36 Points
    • Comparing.
      • Juniors: Teddy Townsend (EP / UofM ) - 39 pts Javon Moore (Minnetonka / UofMN) 37 pts

I love this pickup. Will potentially be the best Junior playing HS in Minnesota next year. Also, plays for Minnetonka. I think it's crucial for UND to become a player again in the Twin Cities.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Since we already have two commits that are forwards from the group that just became eligible to recruit, I'm hoping this doesn't mean we aren't in on some of the other big names like Mooney, Potter, or Morin.Ā Ā 

We're still pursuing.Ā 

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

Since we already have two commits that are forwards from the group that just became eligible to recruit, I'm hoping this doesn't mean we aren't in on some of the other big names like Mooney, Potter, or Morin.Ā Ā 

Absolutely still in on Mooney and Potter, I know that for a fact.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ChadR said:

Made the Select 15, 16, 17 Festival. Very impressive. Scored GW in AA State Final this year as a Soph.

I believe Blake also scored the game-winner in the state title game as a sophomore.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tnt said:

I would think those three are definitely players that will be jumping directly to college hockey where as Schultz could potentially be a player that plays a year of juniors after high school I would think so different recruiting years potentially.Ā 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Indeed he did! His was in OTĀ :)

Did he toss his twig into the stands like he did when he scored the OT winner in Colorado Springs? That cracked me up even though I could understand why some Tigers fans were pissed. I recall Cc radio guy and big time jocksniffer Ken Landeau referring to Blake as, ā€œa punk.ā€Ā 

• 2 weeks later...