SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

From @collegehockey tweet that is getting really popular, it looks like Jost is becoming the face of BCHL to college development, will be tougher for him to back out if he gets cold feet now?

Not in the same spokesman mode, but Brendan Lemieux said how much college players were respected in the locker room when his dad played for Montreal, and he still managed to ditch that route.  Jost does seem like he really has a great appreciation for the college route though.  Would be nice if we could play at Michigan during his tenure here, then Jost could light up Yost.  

• Upvote 1

Bloomington Thunder Mitchell Mattson (Grand Rapids) invited to USA prospects game. Think the kid is 6'4 or in that range. Wonder if he's done growing. 

42 top USA prospects for 2016 draft as it sits now. Buffalo ny 

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/bloomingtonthunder/thunder-news/news_320473

whos tallest forward we have had last ten years? Nelson? I'm sure there are more just can't remember right now. 

Bloomington Thunder Mitchell Mattson (Grand Rapids) invited to USA prospects game. Think the kid is 6'4 or in that range. Wonder if he's done growing. 

whos tallest forward we have had last ten years? Nelson? I'm sure there are more just can't remember right now. 

tamb..... Oh. Nevermind.

malone, Stanford, porter, brad Davidson maybe?

Edited by choyt3

Are we going to count Poolman as a forward? He's listed as 6'3" and so is Brock Nelson

From @collegehockey tweet that is getting really popular, it looks like Jost is becoming the face of BCHL to college development, will be tougher for him to back out if he gets cold feet now?

He's coming to UND. He wouldn't have stayed in the BCHL this season if he were going to go the Junior route.

Of course he could, but again, why would he spend another year in the BCHL if he were going to bolt? He'll be at UND.

I guess I'm the type that wants to see who drafts a player, how high they go, etc. It's not like we have never seen a kid get influenced by an NHL team and jump ship unexpectedly. Especially the Rangers.

blue vs white in penticton 

jost on team white first line center 

Bowen 1st line center team blue (with a brodzinski, is that another St. Cloud one?) and poolman is paired with fabbro first d pair team blue 

I knew about Keane via an interview I read this summer. Makes sense for Peski too. Several recruits listed as 2016-17 will be playing a couple years of junior hockey before hitting campus. Will Keane come in next year? I suppose it all depends on whether Schmaltz/Boeser stay. Four seniors this year to likely be replaced by Jost, Bowen, Yon, and Mattson (guessing). How many d-men will be leaving after this year? No seniors on the blue line.

I knew about Keane via an interview I read this summer. Makes sense for Peski too. Several recruits listed as 2016-17 will be playing a couple years of junior hockey before hitting campus. Will Keane come in next year? I suppose it all depends on whether Schmaltz/Boeser stay. Four seniors this year to likely be replaced by Jost, Bowen, Yon, and Mattson (guessing). How many d-men will be leaving after this year? No seniors on the blue line.

I say possibly all the d-men except the freshman and maybe Ausmus leave. Im hoping at least Ausmus, Stecher and Poolman will stay!

Okay, so hopefully no more than 3 d-men leave after this season. Colton Poolman, Gabe Bast and who else come in for the 2016-17 season? That is what I can't figure and I'm glad it's not my decision. I hope Peski and Kiersted are on board with waiting another year. Is Evers still a recruit? What if we (hope hope hope) get Fabbro??

Fun topic!

I would think Mattson plays a year in the USHL before coming in. I would guess we pick up another forward or two to come in next year. Possibly the transfer from Maine that was on a visit a few weeks back in which I can't remember his name?

Okay, so hopefully no more than 3 d-men leave after this season. Colton Poolman, Gabe Bast and who else come in for the 2016-17 season? That is what I can't figure and I'm glad it's not my decision. I hope Peski and Kiersted are on board with waiting another year. Is Evers still a recruit? What if we (hope hope hope) get Fabbro??

Fun topic!

fabbro?! 

I would think Mattson plays a year in the USHL before coming in. I would guess we pick up another forward or two to come in next year. Possibly the transfer from Maine that was on a visit a few weeks back in which I can't remember his name?

I believe Mattson wil be playing this year in the USHL.  He is in the all prospects game this year.  If he has a strong USHL season he will be a 1-3 rd draft pick.  If that is the case he'll be here next year.

I believe Mattson wil be playing this year in the USHL.  He is in the all prospects game this year.  If he has a strong USHL season he will be a 1-3 rd draft pick.  If that is the case he'll be here next year.

I am not sure Mattson is playing the full year in the USHL. I think he might just be doing the before and after and will be back with Grand Rapids for the season. I agree though that his draft position may be the deciding factor of when he comes in although a year in the USHL after high school could be very beneficial for him as he could use the extra year to put on some beef.

I am not sure Mattson is playing the full year in the USHL. I think he might just be doing the before and after and will be back with Grand Rapids for the season. I agree though that his draft position may be the deciding factor of when he comes in although a year in the USHL after high school could be very beneficial for him as he could use the extra year to put on some beef.

I would be shocked by that as he is playing in the Prospects game.