SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 Season

dakotadan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the SIOUX exhibition game this year, my first game in nearly five years and first womens game ever. The REUX sisters were awesome. MOre importantly, the team looked good as a whole. Glad to see the women doing well. GO SIOUX!!!

Can the women's team sustain their successes for a full season with the short bench?

After Christmas, they don't have a break in their schedule. I think it will very tough for them.

On the plus side, I believe there is only 1 senior on the team and there is a large class coming in next year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Top-notch women's hockey hits the ice at Max Bell Arena

What do you call a lot of Canada's top female university hockey teams in one rink at the same time?.....

......"It's going to really help us going into the second half to play these really high-skilled teams. UND coming up has never happened and they're doing really well in (NCAA) Division I so we can't wait to play these teams.".....

.....The UND team is only allowed to play two games out of country and chose the Bisons tournament. McGill, which won the national championship in 2009, includes 2010 Canadian Olympic gold medallist goaltender Charline Labont

• 2 weeks later...

The women completed the sweep of Bemidji State today in GF with the score of 6-2. The twins were separated as Monique played D for today (at least that is the only game I know of).

She was also at D for the game in Roseau. Doesn't seem to have stopped her offensively as she scored two goals and three assists in the two games. The ladies looked very impressive this weekend and have potential to win their next six six games and then end the series at Wisconsin (hopefully a split but the Badgers are REALLY good) and then what could be a huge series to end the season at the Ralph against the Goofs. Will definitely be attending those games with men's hockey and both basketball teams on the road that weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the circumstances regarding Holly Perkins leaving the team and then rejoining it at the break this year? She seems to have made an immediate impact. Not only does she add much needed depth, but she has been quite productive as well - a 3-4-7 line and +12 in only 6 games.

• 2 weeks later...

UND and OSU have gone to OT in all 3 of their games so far this season. Last night was another crazy game that came right down to the end. But the Sioux got the W with 9 seconds left in OT.

Sioux top OSU with nine seconds remaining in overtime

Shannon Reily would give OSU its first and only lead of the game with 89 seconds remaining in regulation with a power-play tally.

"I didn't sense there was any panic," Idalski said. "We knew we had to respond. I don't think we felt sorry for ourselves or hanged our heads. We went right back to work and were able to get the equalizer immediately after."

Wiebe connected on a one-time shot off a pass from Lamoureux-Kolls to tie the game only 22 seconds later sending the game to overtime.

Junior Alyssa Wiebe (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) was able to chip a pass back to Monique Lamoureux-Kolls (Grand Forks, N.D.) who from barely inside the blue line, only about 10 feet from her own bench put a shot on net that never left the ice, found its way through traffic and went off the far-side post and into the net.

Great effort by the ladies to go down with only 89 seconds left in the game but to stick with it, bounce back and force overtime. And then to finish it off and score with only 9 seconds left in OT.

Now let's get the sweep this afternoon!

UND and OSU have gone to OT in all 3 of their games so far this season. Last night was another crazy game that came right down to the end. But the Sioux got the W with 9 seconds left in OT.

Sioux top OSU with nine seconds remaining in overtime

Great effort by the ladies to go down with only 89 seconds left in the game but to stick with it, bounce back and force overtime. And then to finish it off and score with only 9 seconds left in OT.

Now let's get the sweep this afternoon!

Looking forward to bringing my girls high school team up to the Ralph when the gophers come to town. Can't think of a better team bonding activity.

Looking forward to bringing my girls high school team up to the Ralph when the gophers come to town. Can't think of a better team bonding activity.

Great call. I took my Peewee boys to a WHL game two weeks ago and it was great to see the boys interacting. Its also great for the coaches as well to interact with players on a non practice/game situation.

First round playoff tickets on sale Tuesday

It will be the first time in school history that the UND women's hockey program has hosted a first round WCHA playoff series.

The series will be played at Purpur Arena in Grand Forks due to the North Dakota State High School Hockey Tournament and the UND men's series against Bemidji State at the Ralph Engelstad Arena on the same weekend.

First of all congratulations to ladies! This is the first step in what is hopefully the continued rise of this program. Should be a really exciting finish to the regular season at #1 Wisconsin, at home against #4 Minnesota and then the playoffs on "home ice".

Now my question and maybe it is what it is, but why are the women playing second fiddle to the high school tournament in their home rink in what will be IMO the biggest games in program history? The REA had to have known the women had a great chance this season of achieving this? Is this going to be how it is going to be in years to come as well? I already think it is crazy the men have to play Saturday/Sunday because of the high school tournament.

Again, just my opinion and I don't know what is in store for future years, but can't we figure out a way to let the ladies play on there true "home ice" at the Ralph.

First of all congratulations to ladies! This is the first step in what is hopefully the continued rise of this program. Should be a really exciting finish to the regular season at #1 Wisconsin, at home against #4 Minnesota and then the playoffs on "home ice".

Now my question and maybe it is what it is, but why are the women playing second fiddle to the high school tournament in their home rink in what will be IMO the biggest games in program history? The REA had to have known the women had a great chance this season of achieving this? Is this going to be how it is going to be in years to come as well? I already think it is crazy the men have to play Saturday/Sunday because of the high school tournament.

Again, just my opinion and I don't know what is in store for future years, but can't we figure out a way to let the ladies play on there true "home ice" at the Ralph.

I hear you, but I think this might be somewhat of an advantage. Purpur Arena is a more intimate setting for a game and if we can get a couple of thousand people in there, it will be loud and disruptive for our opponents. The problem with REA right now is that women's attendance is still very small and it's hard to get any atmosphere for the games.

As for the future, it sounds like the NDHSAA is working on giving the State High School Hockey Tournament to Imperial Cass (Fargo) and the "impressive" Scheels (formerly Urban Plains Center) Arena, so that might not be a problem in a couple of years. But we'll leave that to the future. GO SIOUX!