SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, to have those 2 points stolen in Duluth due to bad officials missing the dead puck out of the netting, plus the disallowed goal costing the CC game to be a loss not a tie for another possible point. 2 or 3 points (earned but not creditied) would REALLY look nice now....
Alot of teams get screwed by the officiating.It is what it is.

so Duluth loses one and St Cloud gets swept we get third place? Thats the best scenario in my mind. Have UAA on home ice. please.... :) Are more than likely case will be CC or the Goofs though...Maybe Bulldogs if all went crazy. I have a hunch playoffs are going to be insane this year.

Man, to have those 2 points stolen in Duluth due to bad officials missing the dead puck out of the netting, plus the disallowed goal costing the CC game to be a loss not a tie for another possible point. 2 or 3 points (earned but not creditied) would REALLY look nice now....

Im done blaming officiating. Everyone gets the full shaft(shepard=2 inches) at some point....

so Duluth loses one and St Cloud gets swept we get third place? Thats the best scenario in my mind. Have UAA on home ice. please.... :) Are more than likely case will be CC or the Goofs though...Maybe Bulldogs if all went crazy. I have a hunch playoffs are going to be insane this year.

I'm not so sure they will be. I don't see DU or UW losing. If SC ends up facing AA, they could be in trouble. If they face Mankato though, I think they will get by easily. So the top 3 could be pretty solid, which is not something that happens every year.

Yes, assuming we sweep MTU.

yeah assumptions are horrible, but thats what most people do here :D:)

We are rolling and should beat Tech.

Sioux Goofs playoffs...When was the last time? Ill have to look in my media guide tomorrow. Honestly, i don't know who I would want to face. Duluth, CC or Goofs? Probably CC

My name is Scott, I am a recovering doubter! After the loss and tie to the Gophers and sweep by DU and loss to St. Clown it wasn't looking good and I started to say

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't even make it to regionals this year. Wow what a great turnaround. Ford Field isn't too far from me. Hopefully we make it!!! :-)

I'm not so sure they will be. I don't see DU or UW losing...

Would this include them playing the Sioux?

Not that we blew out CC like we did St. Could, but I think the Sioux are playing a notch or two better than they did even a month ago against the Pio's.

I could see DU and/or UW losing to the Sioux right now.

Then again, last time I checked, I was green-blooded, so I admit to some bias up front.

It all comes down to goal scoring though. The Sioux can hold teams to two or three goals. Can they out-score that mark?

They are starting to look like they can. I like their chances.

Would this include them playing the Sioux?

Not that we blew out CC like we did St. Could, but I think the Sioux are playing a notch or two better than they did even a month ago against the Pio's.

I could see DU and/or UW losing to the Sioux right now.

Then again, last time I checked, I was green-blooded, so I admit to some bias up front.

It all comes down to goal scoring though. The Sioux can hold teams to two or three goals. Can they out-score that mark?

They are starting to look like they can. I like their chances.

My bad. I was just thinking first round matchups. The Final 5 is crazy every year. The Sioux looked great last year coming in and absolutely layed an egg that weekend. I always come to expect the unexpected in St. Paul.

But yes to answer your question, I think we could beat DU/UW. I really hope we get a crack at them.

I was at both games, last night, we sat right behind the CC bench. After Frattin's goal, he skated by Sweatt and patted him on his behind. Then, after high-fiving the Sioux players on the bench and skating towards Eidsness to high-five him, he patted another CC player on the back. After that, CC Coach Scott Owens was irate and jawing at the Refs. If anyone else saw this, can you confirm that the reason why Owens was so angry was because of Frattin's behavior or was it because of something else? -I thought it was kinda funny but made me nervous because I was afraid it might wake a sleeping giant and piss off CC to the point where they might rise to the occasion.

I was at both games, last night, we sat right behind the CC bench. After Frattin's goal, he skated by Sweatt and patted him on his behind. Then, after high-fiving the Sioux players on the bench and skating towards Eidsness to high-five him, he patted another CC player on the back. After that, CC Coach Scott Owens was irate and jawing at the Refs. If anyone else saw this, can you confirm that the reason why Owens was so angry was because of Frattin's behavior or was it because of something else? -I thought it was kinda funny but made me nervous because I was afraid it might wake a sleeping giant and piss off CC to the point where they might rise to the occasion.

Frattin also patted Mike Lee on his helmet in the St Cloud game. It must be his thing. :)