SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

For people with standing room only tickets...what time should we arrive? Right when the doors open? Are there designated "standing" areas? What section do they typically put sioux fans in who have seats? Our hope is that we can find empty seats somewhere near the Sioux section and sit there.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think so. Just bought an HD tv myself, so I'm looking forward to watching Saturday night's game as I see Polar Cable has FSN in HD. Watched the Sioux over the weekend it still looked great on th 50" screen even though it wasn't HD.

If you need some help hooking up your jazzy new television, DaveK should have some great pointers.

For people with standing room only tickets...what time should we arrive? Right when the doors open? Are there designated "standing" areas? What section do they typically put sioux fans in who have seats? Our hope is that we can find empty seats somewhere near the Sioux section and sit there.

SRO spots are first come, first serve so you might want to be there when doors open in order to get a spot on the rail. Otherwise you will end up having to stand behind people.

If I remember correctly, the SRO area extends around the entire arena (top of the bowl). I don't recall seeing one particular section with Sioux fans. Most were scattered throughout the arena.

Goon, AZ, everyone, the big weekend is here.

Sadly, I'm in Argentina right now so I'm going to be missing the Friday night game. Missing one game but will be back Saturday morning and there in full force Saturday.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me and I'll be more than willing to help out. Hope to run into some of you at the game, let me know if you're around!

My prediction:

Split. Sadly I think this would be considered optimistic. The Gophers lose Friday, then make my return to the US a good one on Saturday with a win. I'm not so sure that either team is capable of being confident of a sweep at this time. The Gophers have been good against crappy teams lately, which shows really nothing to me at all. Cepis does look like the real deal from what I have seen though.

Hope all is well for everyone, GO GOPHERS! :(

I have heard the duck hunting is good down there.

Ah, very well could be. I'm in Buenos Aires so I really couldn't tell you, right in the heart of the big city.

Went to Igauzu falls and hung out in the jungle for a few days this past weekend so that was as close as I got to a remote place here in Argentina, and I'm guessing you won't find many ducks in the jungle :( Other than that the only weather I've seen is the steaming hot insides of bars haha.

Are you going to end up making it down for the game? Hope all is well.

Split. Sadly I think this would be considered optimistic. The Gophers lose Friday, then make my return to the US a good one on Saturday with a win. I'm not so sure that either team is capable of being confident of a sweep at this time. The Gophers have been good against crappy teams lately, which shows really nothing to me at all. Cepis does look like the real deal from what I have seen though.

Sorry, looking in my Crystal Ball I see a flight delay and you come back Sunday with no sleep and without the chance for your return to inspire the Gopher Skaters to gaining a split from the dominant Sioux team.

Sorry, looking in my Crystal Ball I see you running into SC Gov. Mark Sanford and getting invited out for dinner with him and his girlfriend and not being able to pass up the opportunity to dine with a high ranking US government offical. Then you stick around a couple extra days to go hiking with him in the mountains. And you miss the series...Sioux sweep!

Fixed your post!

Is Matson the only Gopher injury?

Where does he lie in the scheme of things? It's arguably not the greatest of losses since the Gophers have played well as of late (soft opponents or not, a win is a win).

Matson missing hurts, but he is just one guy. He would help against the Sioux because he isn't afraid to bump or be bumped. That said he hasn't developed into any type of a scoring threat and the time for excuses is long passed.

gopher article

as a sioux fan i dont mind hearing a opposing player mention 5 days before a series that they will have to match the opossing teams intensity. come out flying boys and knock these guys around the ice!!

The Sioux visit Mariucci for the first time in two seasons this weekend.

"Hopefully we can match their intensity," Fairchild said. "Obviously [the Harvard sweep] was a big confidence booster for us. We are going to have to have a good week of practice. We are confident."

saying kangas has struggled vs the sioux his last 3 starts is a understatement...... in his last 3 games vs the sioux hes givin up (4 goals in 4-0 loss) (5 goals getting pulled) (6 goals getting pulled) with a 1-4-1 overall record vs und in his 2 + years at minnesota giving up a total of 20 goals. his first 3 games vs the sioux his freshman year were much better posting a 1-1-1 giving up only 5 total goals. he then followed that solid start by giving up a total of 15 goals in the last 3 starts vs und getting yanked 2 of those 3 times all in grand forks. frazee started 1 game during kangas freshman year vs und and patterson started 1 game this season in grand forks getting a 3-3 tie

Kangas' stats vs. UND surprises me, quite frankly...in a way.

I've watched most of those games (I do recall missing at least one series due to travel) and I didn't think Kangas was all that bad. However, Kangas is a lot like many of the goaltenders in NCAA these days, imo: If you don't play D in front of him, he's not going to win any games for you. He'll keep them close for as long as he can, but that's about it.

Despite the down years, I still maintain Kangas is one of UMN's better players. Unfortunately, UMN has brought in one disaster at D after another (See Fischer, David and Taylor, Jake and Schack, Brian and so on.), cannot seem to put together a confident team D, and seems to completely lose focus when being out muscled (physical teams like Denver and UND come to mind).

You know... I really feel that, if UMN moved to a European format, they'd continuously be a top 3 team. However, a European team in a North American hockey format just ends up beaten up and beaten.

This may have been discussed but is the Friday night game NOT on TV? I saw it was listed as a Big 10 Network game with Saturday nights being an FSN game. FSN has the Timberwolves on Friday night.

Is anybody local picking up the feed?

Big Ten Network is as local as you're going to get for Friday.