SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. BADgers: Round 2

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Hakstol team - for all his intensity, they can't seem to find thier arses with a road map before X-mas. Tonight's game was just a $)(%* train wreck to watch.

Even the 1st period? ;)

Hopefully the typical Hakstol team means that we'll see another 2nd half surge again.

Marvin seriously cost this team 3-4 games with his hit...

Hey Sioux fans,

We have a great team this year! Denver and UW are both great teams too. In the WCHA, you need to play great to be the greatest. Right now, that is hard to do, especially without Chay. This also proves that we need to learn to stay outta the box, and ya gotta shoot the puck to score.

Let's not bash our team. They're obviously not trying to lose these games. The top 6 in the WCHA is a tough battle. We gotta stand by our Sioux! Don't lose the faith!

;)

GO SIOUX!!!

Someone who is tech savvy needs to get the replay of the so called check from behind on here. I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference but I need to see it....

You won't see anything. Hextall went to the corner, won the battle for the puck and got it to Trupp. Malone bumped into the Wisco guy and he fell down. Totally phantom call. Sioux were going to lose anyway, so it didn't make a difference.

Badger goaltending was better than the Sioux goaltending for the weekend, and that was the biggest difference.

Even the 1st period? ;)

Hopefully the typical Hakstol team means that we'll see another 2nd half surge again.

Marvin seriously cost this team 3-4 games with his hit...

And Ben Blood cost us the game with his stupid 4 min double-minor. What the hell was he doing?

Undisciplined play, and sloppy passing, toghether with an attitude that still seems to think they are better than everybody else (why else do they get outworked in the crucial moments for the last 5 weeks?) is dooming this team to the lowest ranks of the WCHA.

Weak peformance tonight. No excuses. Just %*()+_$(% WEAK!

Hey Sioux fans,

We have a great team this year! Denver and UW are both great teams too. In the WCHA, you need to play great to be the greatest. Right now, that is hard to do, especially without Chay. This also proves that we need to learn to stay outta the box, and ya gotta shoot the puck to score.

Let's not bash our team. They're obviously not trying to lose these games. The top 6 in the WCHA is a tough battle. We gotta stand by our Sioux! Don't lose the faith!

;)

GO SIOUX!!!

I agree, well said.

Last year going in to the Christmas break I believe we were 9-8-1, this year, 9-6-3. 2nd half surge is all I want for Christmas.

You know what I am tired of that song and dance. Where has it gotten us? So we are going to rely on the second half surge every year? I an really tired of laying all our eggs in one basket on this second half surge crap.

Disappointing to let that one get away. However, Wisconsin is no slouch, with their high scoring defensemen and puck moving gritty forwards they are going to be a tough team down the stretch. Denver, UMD, Wisconsin, CC all look to be very tough. I think the national power pendulum has swung back to the WCHA for sure. It is going to be a hell of a second half of the season in this league. And it is now pretty obvious the Sioux won't survive without Genoway. A 2-5-2 record without him doesn't lie. They are plenty competitive in his absence, but they need him to get over the hump in these close games.

Neither of those 3 have been worth a !@#$ this year.

You know who else hasn't done crap lately? That Genoway kid, seriously...does he even have a point in the last 9 games??

He's supposed to be an offensive leader from the blueline on this team, and he's laying an egg.

;) ;)

I know Genoway would help this team immensely and has huge shoes to fill. But in a situation as this someone needs to step up to fill those. If not in the point category then in the leadership role. I refuse to believe that this team is this "bad" without him. I really think this team needs a leader and an identity.

Open question: Who do you consider the leader of this team right now? Obviously it would be Genoway but he's hurt. I'm at a loss actually.

And Ben Blood cost us the game with his stupid 4 min double-minor. What the hell was he doing?

Undisciplined play, and sloppy passing, toghether with an attitude that still seems to think they are better than everybody else (why else do they get outworked in the crucial moments for the last 5 weeks?) is dooming this team to the lowest ranks of the WCHA.

I thought the Sioux were rated 3 in the Nation- they looked like the could be in the 1st but there play the rest of the game was anything but a 3rd place team... they look like a team that has alot to learn.... when you just stand around a watch the other team pass around to all five players it is....sicking....if you think you can win with 2:37 left you have something else to learn.

they must be a one period team-they got lucky Friday night stealing a point from Wis. I would rather watch a high school team then watch a team that that does not even try-they are over rated-the polls will tell the story this week!

Disappointing to let that one get away. However, Wisconsin is no slouch, with their high scoring defensemen and puck moving gritty forwards they are going to be a tough team down the stretch. Denver, UMD, Wisconsin, CC all look to be very tough. I think the national power pendulum has swung back to the WCHA for sure. It is going to be a hell of a second half of the season in this league. And it is now pretty obvious the Sioux won't survive without Genoway. A 2-5-2 record without him doesn't lie. They are plenty competitive in his absence, but they need him to get over the hump in these close games.

They also need to get some other guys healthy. Hakstol said that Zajac was going to be out for about a month. He has needed surgery most of the season and they have it scheduled for Tuesday. He didn't say what the surgery was going to fix. Vande Velde missed last Saturday and still isn't 100%. That means all 3 captains and all 3 seniors are injured. And it sounds like several other guys are nicked up. The team needs to get healthy and do a lot of maturing over the next few weeks. The talent is there to compete with the best teams in the country. They need to step up and make it happen.

I know Genoway would help this team immensely and has huge shoes to fill. But in a situation as this someone needs to step up to fill those. If not in the point category then in the leadership role. I refuse to believe that this team is this "bad" without him. I really think this team needs a leader and an identity.

Open question: Who do you consider the leader of this team right now? Obviously it would be Genoway but he's hurt. I'm at a loss actually.

Zajac and Vandevelde?

His "elbow to the head" was also a phantom call. He dropped his shoulder into the the guys chest. Friesema had his head turned, saw the fall out of the corner of his eye and made up a call.

Wisconsin scored on the first power play. I don't see that Blood cost us the game at all.

I'll admit (I think Ben would be the first one to admit it) that he took a stupid one right after that in frustration.

But if Friesema doesn't call a penalty that he didn't see then we don't have a penalty problem in the second period. I thought the point of two referee's was to get it right.

It was a great check.

Hakstol said that Zajac was going to be out for about a month. He has needed surgery most of the season and they have it scheduled for Tuesday.

What now??

Losing another senior captain for a month is not what this team needs.

When did Hakstol say this, I didn't hear it during the broadcast.

;)

They also need to get some other guys healthy. Hakstol said that Zajac was going to be out for about a month. He has needed surgery most of the season and they have it scheduled for Tuesday. He didn't say what the surgery was going to fix.

One would think that if you're going to have surgery in the middle of the season it's serious. Considering that, I really respect the job that he's done in the first half.

We do have a lot to learn. We have a young team.

And trust me, if we're going to need Genoway to succeed, we're doomed. One player doesn't make a championship team. Otherwise, Parise, Oshie, Stafford, Zajac... they'd all have an NC.

Oh yeah... Ovechkin would have had back to back stanley cup rings too.

This team isn't crap. This team isn't a bad team.

This team just hasn't put it together for 60 minutes yet.

And I'll tell ya... 95% of our crappy games this year has come on a Saturday.

Is this Hakstol? I don't know. Hakstol could try yelling "SHOOT" from the bench.

Hakstol could have yelled at VV for not corralling that puck he could have sank in the first.

He could have yelled at Malone for missing an open net on Friday.

What would that prove?

There's coaching issues and there are execution issues. Right now, this team has execution issues. We get frustrated easy. We try to make things more complicated than they should be.

Heck, Kristo's early season liability is not so much a liability anymore isn't it? I mean... he shoots too often, didn't he? Uh.. This third period he should have been on the ice 20 minutes. He knows the value of a shot.

Enough with the endless passing. Let's shoot and chase! Let's simplify the game plan on special teams and simply shoot the puck. 32 SOG tonight doesn't tell the tale. Of those 32 SOG, 3 were goals and maybe 7 more were legit chances. Most of the shots came in the first period. It's just amazing that we stopped playing gradually and then entirely in the third.