SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. BADgers: Round 2

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday - end of game.

Calls like that will drive good coaches/players elsewhere.

I watch that play yesterday after the viking game and I played it back about 10 times and that was a legit hip check the coachs should send the tape into the league office. While the refs have didn't cost the Sioux the game this weekend, you never know what happens if Kristo scores if I remember Kristo was in scoring position with the puck.

I watch that play yesterday after the viking game and I played it back about 10 times and that was a legit hip check the coachs should send the tape into the league office. While the refs have didn't cost the Sioux the game this weekend, you never know what happens if Kristo scores if I remember Kristo was in scoring position with the puck.

He was meant to score. He was my Sioux Survivor pick for the night.

Anderson owes me bigtime.

... that was a very weak call.

I know you said "very," but it's still a gross understatement. It's an absolute whiff. We trot out terms like "joke" too often, because it should be reserved for situations like this. This isn't: he turned just before he got hit. There's not even anything to debate, except what hallucinogens the ref was on.

Wow, that was a pretty weak hit! I bet they called it just because they want to start cracking down on any kind of hit along the boards due to some of the incidents that have happened already this season.

That penalty should have never been called. Anderson should be put in administrative suspension along with Campion for missing the puck hitting the net behind the goal in Duluth. The refs are a joke.

I know everyone is bummed out after this weekend. But if we could get the videos of the goals for the Sioux (as well as the Saturday night dance), that would be pretty awesome. Thanks!

They're out on the Front page under "Videos" on the bottom left. If you guys want any other videos posted from any of the games this year (minus a few) let me know and I'll throw them up.

Wow, that was a pretty weak hit! I bet they called it just because they want to start cracking down on any kind of hit along the boards due to some of the incidents that have happened already this season.

I don't think the guy was even knocked down. It looks like he more or less tripped over Malone's legs.

I changed up my post to state it's the Saturday's version of a CFB. Hopefully he isn't developing a reputation, that was a very weak call.

Uh...

WCHA officials have been known historically to call based upon reputation. Just ask Matt Greene. He's even stated in interviews how officials have commented to him how his play needs improvement and how things eventually improved. Why should an official care about that? It's not their job. They call the rules of the game, not the reputation of the player or team or coach.

And yeah, UND fan griping, but seriously... MSU Mankato, UW, and I believe both UMD and UMN have had their share of penalty calls that could only best be described as a reputation call in the past. And yeah, I know MSU Mankato has had a reputation of playing rough, but every player?

I don't know what you all are griping about. It was a pretty obvious "Skating past opponent who falls into the boards" major. Itquay ouryay itchinbay.

Boy I had forgotten that one. I need to brush up on my unwritten rules in the WCHA. It's kinda hard since nobody's ever, you know, written them down.

;)

That was a brutal call, yet I have people over on my blog trying to tell me it's a penatly...

In the post game radio interview Hakstol said that Anderson told him 26 drilled him into the boards just like last night.

Let's see it wasn't 26 and it wasn't a thing like the night before. (Which was a good call BTW.)

I'm still madder about the "elbowing to the head" that Friesema called on blood. I think that call ruined the game. Of course one bad call shouldn't lead to the team falling apart, but this one did.

That was a brutal call, yet I have people over on my blog trying to tell me it's a penatly...

Well it could have been considered a penalty, but the camera view isn't the greatest. I mean even if it was a legit hipcheck if it is into the boards I would guess it should be considered a penalty? But like I said, the camera angle isn't the best and from the view you see on the Youtube bit it does not seem like it deserved a CFB.

In the post game radio interview Hakstol said that Anderson told him 26 drilled him into the boards just like last night.

Let's see it wasn't 26 and it wasn't a thing like the night before. (Which was a good call BTW.)

I'm still madder about the "elbowing to the head" that Friesema called on blood. I think that call ruined the game. Of course one bad call shouldn't lead to the team falling apart, but this one did.

If you watch the play Anderson see the Wisconsin player fall out of the corner of his eye. I hope Coach Hakstol and the UND athletic department are protesting some of these horrible calls by the league officials. Zelkin reffed the MTU and UMN game and notice the low number of penatlies?

If you watch the play Anderson see the Wisconsin player fall out of the corner of his eye. I hope we are protesting some of these horrible calls by the league officials. Zelkin reffed the MTU and UMN game and notice the low number of penatlies?

When Hak was on the radio with Tim H right after the game he said that they had talked to the league office about the previous bad calls, but didn't know what he was going to do about this one. After all, nothing had happened with the first 3 really bad calls.

When Hak was on the radio with Tim H right after the game he said that they had talked to the league office about the previous bad calls, but didn't know what he was going to do about this one. After all, nothing had happened with the first 3 really bad calls.

I didn't hear that but I think he needs to keep doing this, seems to work for Gwoz...