SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. BADgers: Round 2

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

If you watch the play Anderson see the Wisconsin player fall out of the corner of his eye. I hope we are protesting some of these horrible calls by the league officials. Zelkin reffed the MTU and UMN game and notice the low number of penatlies?

and what will protesting do? nothing. we can't go back and replay the games. officiating isn't what is costing us some of these games. yes the calls play into it but on saturday night did the offciating in the first 59 minutes and 56 secons prevent us from putting the puck in the net one or two more times? these calls suck but if we don't put ourselves in a position to where these calls can make difference we'll be a much better team. this team has to learn how to score more goals and when it does these calls won't make a difference. we score one more goal in duluth on sat night that call is moot point. we just need to hope this squad matures over the next few months and starts scoring more than 3 goals on a regular basis. wcha officiating is what is and I don't forsee changes coming anytime soon so bitching and moaning isn't going to solve any of these issues.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what will protesting do? nothing. we can't go back and replay the games. officiating isn't what is costing us some of these games. yes the calls play into it but on saturday night did the offciating in the first 59 minutes and 56 secons prevent us from putting the puck in the net one or two more times? these calls suck but if we don't put ourselves in a position to where these calls can make difference we'll be a much better team. this team has to learn how to score more goals and when it does these calls won't make a difference. we score one more goal in duluth on sat night that call is moot point. we just need to hope this squad matures over the next few months and starts scoring more than 3 goals on a regular basis. wcha officiating is what is and I don't forsee changes coming anytime soon so bitching and moaning isn't going to solve any of these issues.

This is the correct way to look at the situation.

officiating isn't what is costing us some of these games. yes the calls play into it but on saturday night did the offciating in the first 59 minutes and 56 secons prevent us from putting the puck in the net one or two more times?

In the Dultuth situation the refs were "CULPABLE" and cost the Sioux the game based on their incompetence. Sure the Sioux could have cleared the puck. But I am pretty sure any good coach would file a complaint to the league office, can you imagine if this had happend to the Gwozdecky team? There would hell to pay and probably a ref suspension.

it has really became a mess in regards to officials. a big friken mess. I dont bring up referees and dont blame them for any losses along the way but its gotten very bad. All of the wcha teams have felt the wrath of this over the last handful of years. We have seen games blown due TO crap ass reffing and players/refs not being held responsible for their actions either. Lets hope it changes and if it doesnt then its time to start taking matters into their own hands and deal with it on the ice. I know many college teams dont fight (many weak scrums but nto really figitng if you get my drift) and I understand the rules but suspending a player for one game and never suspending refs is a joke. It is time to put the fighting back into the fighting sioux, or has it ever gone away since most of the real fights happen with the sioux handling previous business at the right moment over the years...

to be clear, i dont like fighting for no apparent reason. a good solid legal hit doesnt require fighting but we see it in the nhl but doesnt make it the right thing to do. allow a player to have control of a matter and you will see less CFB and less overall cheap shots. the majority of these players havent ever fought but some like delivering shots that they cant back up if approached

im done ;)

go sioux ;)

it has really became a mess in regards to officials. a big friken mess. I dont bring up referees and dont blame them for any losses along the way but its gotten very bad. All of the wcha teams have felt the wrath of this over the last handful of years. We have seen games blown due TO crap ass reffing and players/refs not being held responsible for their actions either. Lets hope it changes and if it doesnt then its time to start taking matters into their own hands and deal with it on the ice. I know many college teams dont fight (many weak scrums but nto really figitng if you get my drift) and I understand the rules but suspending a player for one game and never suspending refs is a joke. It is time to put the fighting back into the fighting sioux, or has it ever gone away since most of the real fights happen with the sioux handling previous business at the right moment over the years...

to be clear, i dont like fighting for no apparent reason. a good solid legal hit doesnt require fighting but we see it in the nhl but doesnt make it the right thing to do. allow a player to have control of a matter and you will see less CFB and less overall cheap shots. the majority of these players havent ever fought but some like delivering shots that they cant back up if approached

im done ;)

go sioux ;)

I love that statement because that is what it is.