SiouxSports.com Forum

Could Only Come from the Star & Sickle

GeauxSioux

Any video's of Don Lucia skating away from contact? :D

I like that they pointed out he was standing up for his teammate.

I have this picture of a small helmet not at all constraining a massive fro. I'm sure that I saw Donna play, but I don't recall any opposing players at all from that era.

I believe that Mr. Hakstol acquitted himself quite nicely. He was involved for a purpose, not as a chippy goon, but as a team player defending team members. Even though I generally don't condone fighting, both of these situations were in response to the goonish actions of others. Well done.

I believe that Mr. Hakstol acquitted himself quite nicely. He was involved for a purpose, not as a chippy goon, but as a team player defending team members. Even though I generally don't condone fighting, both of these situations were in response to the goonish actions of others. Well done.

I think Fighting levels out the dirty stuff and polices the game. The hockey code is a great rule to live by. I think the reason college has so much bush league acts of thuggery is because of the progressive DQ rule.

I got to see Hakstol play for the Minnesota Moose and he was a pretty tough customer.

I believe he was the captain of the Moose for part of his time there as well. He was doing the captain's job, anyway ... especially in the second, when the guy slashed his goalie. That kind of straight-up payment is what's missing from the college game. Guys would not take liberties if they knew punches were coming in return.

Thanks to the Strib for posting the links. When I saw the tease, I was worried the clips would be embarrassing.

I think Fighting levels out the dirty stuff and polices the game. The hockey code is a great rule to live by. I think the reason college has so much bush league acts of thuggery is because of the progressive DQ rule.

I got to see Hakstol play for the Minnesota Moose and he was a pretty tough customer.

Not always.

YouTube search Steve Downie.

The one on Jason Blake is simply outstanding.

I dislike Avery with a passion, but Downie.... wow. Every day now, he should be thanking the hockey gods for still being in this sport.

What a cheap shot artist.

Ok...I'll say it. It makes Matt Cooke look like a Lady Byng candidate.

Looks like Coach Hakstol could handle himself pretty well. He was the Captain on that team and for the season had 150 pims in 79 games so not really goon status. Darcy loewen cheapshotted the goalie and Hak did what any teammate and captain would do and took exception. The 2nd tussle he had to step in for a "soft" teammate in Snuggerud(who played a different role and by no means should have tried to get dragged into it with Bezeau who was the stereotypical "goon" and who's greatest accomplishment was once amassing 590 penalty minutes in 74 games one season.

Just because you think something doesn't make it so. I see a lot more of the bush league acts and thuggery in the NHL than I see in NCAA hockey. A lot more, like by at least a 10 to 1 ratio. The college game is so much cleaner than the pro game, and the no tolerance stance against fighting is the reason why.

Now, before you come back with some predictable "here we go again" comment, remember that I could say the same for that post of yours that I just replied to.

Dear Mr. David K.,

Just because you think something doesn't make it so.

G'day

Just because you think something doesn't make it so. I see a lot more of the bush league acts and thuggery in the NHL than I see in NCAA hockey. A lot more, like by at least a 10 to 1 ratio. The college game is so much cleaner than the pro game, and the no tolerance stance against fighting is the reason why.

Now, before you come back with some predictable "here we go again" comment, remember that I could say the same for that post of yours that I just replied to.

I regret ever taking you off ignore; I guess that was a mistake. I sick and tired of debating with the merits of fighting in hockey, because it is obvious like another posted mentioned that your here to cause trouble and get into circular arguments with others. I shouldn

What's the matter, you got your feelings hurt because I don't agree with your pro-fighting spin? You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to disagree with you, get over it. Want me to stop posting anti-fighting propaganda? Stop posting pro-fighting propaganda. It's that simple. If nobody is saying how great it is I'll have no reason to say how terrible it is.

No Zippy you're the last person that would ever hurt my feelings. :D;) You have the reasoning of a 15 year old girl. Go ahead zippy get the last word.

I will post what ever I want to post, I don't take suggestions from you. I suppose you think that Marvin's elbow on Genoway was in the context of the game as well? This ought to be a brialliant post from you. I suppose we can alway discuss how Ulffie was one of the biggest hacks to ever play the game as well.

That's fine with me, I have no problem with that. And what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I will post whatever I want to post, I don't take suggestions from you. As long as you're going to continue posting all of your theories as to why you think fighting in hockey is so great, you better get used to the fact that I'm going to continue to post that fighting in hockey is bush league. Deal with it and stop whining every time I post something that you don't agree with.

No one was whinning you blithering idiot.

That's fine with me, I have no problem with that. And what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I will post whatever I want to post, I don't take suggestions from you. As long as you're going to continue posting all of your theories as to why you think fighting in hockey is so great, you better get used to the fact that I'm going to continue to post that fighting in hockey is bush league. Deal with it and stop whining every time I post something that you don't agree with.

You go, girl!

i'm not cpu savvy enough to link another thread, so i just copied this from the former players thread... so 91% then? :D

QUOTE (nodak hockey fanatic @ Dec 2 2009, 10:50 AM)

ok, i almost spit my coffee all over my coffee screen. you should put a disclaimer on your posts that are more ridiculous than usual. even you have to find this post quite amusing davek. 90% of your posts are a direct response/argument with another poster, or some comment about fighting, um, etc. that is meant to entice debate and response.

QUOTE (DaveK @ Dec 2 2009, 2:41 PM)

That is false, and I'm truly sorry that you have that misconception about me.

I call that whining, you call it whatever you want. But whatever you choose to call it, stop doing it every time I post something that is contrary to your warped opinions. It really makes you come across as somebody who has problems coming to grips with the fact that not everybody agrees with your silly propaganda.

Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

If you guys have problems with each other, take it off of here. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is absolutely sick of these arguments between the two of you about the same topic time and time again.

I would be happy to quit spewing my propaganda if the other party involved does the same, but I refuse to let only one side of that debate be heard. Either both sides or none, take your pick.

Get off your high horse. :D