SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LaFranchise = greatest sports name ever.

Last night, I was listening and I thought he said, "The Franchise" and I thought to myself, "Wow, they put all their marbles with one guy? Then I remembered him from last year, and I think I thought the same thing last year when I first heard the name! :lol:

Sioux look pretty good tonight, not sure how it compares to last night I missed it.

Fairly similar, though they had many more SOG in the first last night than tonight. Still, they are dominating and cycling the puck 5x5, which is always impressive.

Keep up this pressure and the goals will come.

GO SIOUX!!

Sioux look pretty good tonight, not sure how it compares to last night I missed it.

UAA playing much better. Was 3-0 after 1st last night and could of easily been 5-0.

UND looking good, but this one looks like it has the makings of a bounce here or there type game.

Hard to complain with the Sioux effort and play. A lot of nice plays but nothing found the net.

I was pretty worried about the defense heading into the season. Genoway and Marto I expected to play well and they've been great; Jake especially has taken some of the mistakes out of his game. They are undersized though, which left me worried for the rest of the group. I liked Blood last year as a frosh, but if that level of play was going to be a top 4 defender, I felt the Sioux were in trouble. Instead he has settled in quicker than the usual UND big guy, and been reliable. Best of all for me has been LaPoint. Who knew how that was going to work out? I felt that he was just starting to lose some of the indecision that plagued him, then he got hurt. And now it seems almost entirely gone. I see a much better player than when he went down. MacWilliam moves better than I expected, and is also well ahead of the usual big guy curve. And Gleason has reminded us that he was the best player on those loaded Edina teams down the stretch.