SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bet its going to be a lower scoring game.

Our special teams have been great, but we've got to break this tendency to get checking from behind calls. We've had 3 in the first 5 games. They might be a by product of our relentless physical play, but we're going to get burned if we don't figure it out.

Does Hak do any lineup changes tonight? I'd imagine Toews is back in, maybe Fienhage tonight? Hak has done zero line manipulation on the top 3 lines, which is different than we've seen.

One thing that's been under the radar this year, but I think is a huge part of our success, is how strong we are up the middle. Our top 3 pivots are horses.

You can bet its going to be a lower scoring game.

Our special teams have been great, but we've got to break this tendency to get checking from behind calls. We've had 3 in the first 5 games. They might be a by product of our relentless physical play, but we're going to get burned if we don't figure it out.

Does Hak do any lineup changes tonight? I'd imagine Toews is back in, maybe Fienhage tonight? Hak has done zero line manipulation on the top 3 lines, which is different than we've seen.

One thing that's been under the radar this year, but I think is a huge part of our success, is how strong we are up the middle. Our top 3 pivots are horses.

thankfully 2 of the 3 CFB have been with under 5 minutes to play in games we've been up by 4+ goals. and both of those were by freshman. Eids should be in net to we'll give up 2 for sure, 4-2 sioux.

thankfully 2 of the 3 CFB have been with under 5 minutes to play in games we've been up by 4+ goals. and both of those were by freshman. Eids should be in net to we'll give up 2 for sure, 4-2 sioux.

Why would you say that. Unless of course you are part of the select group of so called fans who looks to throw someone under the bus each year.

Why would you say that. Unless of course you are part of the select group of so called fans who looks to throw someone under the bus each year.

no I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus but it sure seems like when he's in net he gives up 2 for sure, 1 of which is a very soft goal. it's just my opinion. eids was a huge part of what we accomplished last year. but you know what if his gaa ends up being around 2.0 this season we'll have a very big win total. nothing wrong with giving up 2 as long as we score 3.

Being a fan of the team does not require you to be a fan of every player on the team. There are players I like for other teams and there are players that I am not a fan of on our team. This isn't squirt B where everyone needs to feel good about themselves and they hand out participation trophies. This is big time college hockey.

One player who has been a bit under the radar is Rowney.I like his play except for saturday nite against the goofs where he turned the puck over to many times.He reminds me of a young Porter who works hard and does the small things that go unnoticed at times.

SIOUX win this one going away again.

Being a fan of the team does not require you to be a fan of every player on the team. There are players I like for other teams and there are players that I am not a fan of on our team. This isn't squirt B where everyone needs to feel good about themselves and they hand out participation trophies. This is big time college hockey.

When I was in school you were a fan of the entire team unless one of the players stole your girlfriend. Then all bets were off. :lol:

Did anyone use the webcast last night and if so how good was the stream/quality.

Thanks

From what I've heard, it varied from person to person. It DID NOT work for me at all. I've heard others say it works for them. It's free though, so it's worth a shot. (you need Real Player to play it). I heard they are playing it at Sensers tonight so since I'm located in th Cities, I may try that.

Biggest strength of this team without question. VV, Zajac and Malone are just beasts. May not be the flashiest, but in D1 hockey, find me 3 better centers that anchor the top 3 lines on any team. Once VV starts finding the net, watch out!

Watched only the 1st period last night...could have easily been 5-0 after 1.

E will give up a softy...normally does. UND 4-2 tonight.

From what I've heard, it varied from person to person. It DID NOT work for me at all. I've heard others say it works for them. It's free though, so it's worth a shot. (you need Real Player to play it). I heard they are playing it at Sensers tonight so since I'm located in th Cities, I may try that.

I also heard that those using Internet Explorer had better luck than those using other browsers.

Did anyone use the webcast last night and if so how good was the stream/quality.

Thanks

Depends.

If you don't like IE, it won't work.

I couldn't get it to work at all on Firefox.

Also, the quality was good. The feed was slower than the radio.... which is pretty standard, I think.

The only thing I criticized was the fact that the camera operators weren't as good as they could've been. There were times when they lost track of the puck and zoomed in too far at the wrong times.

watch it now some might think you're not a true fan for comments like that :lol:

Hey, I'm with you. If he gives up 2 cheap ones every time out and we score 3...it's all good.

He just hasn't looked as sharp as last year, but it's only a few games into the season.

One thing I liked about Dell last night, even though he face few shots, is he seems to move laterally very well. Was in good position no matter where the puck was.

Lets just just say that I am giddy about his start.

One thing I liked about Dell last night, even though he face few shots, is he seems to move laterally very well. Was in good position no matter where the puck was.

Goalies who play their angles well make all saves look pretty routine. Dell appeared very sound in that department.

Goalies who play their angles well make all saves look pretty routine. Dell appeared very sound in that department.

Hey... if you doubt yzerman's comment, just ask JS Giguere. He won a Stanley Cup because of it. Giguere isnt a great goaltender. He's good, not great. He's not a hall of famer. But that year, he was always in the right position to make the save or, at the very least, make the goal difficult to score.

If Dell keeps it up, great.

Do I think he'll continue playing as good as he did last night? No. He'll have some "Freshman" mishaps.

But he's good.

And I'll say it again: I think Hak should give Dell another start.... tonight.

Hey... if you doubt yzerman's comment, just ask JS Giguere. He won a Stanley Cup because of it. Giguere isnt a great goaltender. He's good, not great. He's not a hall of famer. But that year, he was always in the right position to make the save or, at the very least, make the goal difficult to score.

If Dell keeps it up, great.

Do I think he'll continue playing as good as he did last night? No. He'll have some "Freshman" mishaps.

But he's good.

And I'll say it again: I think Hak should give Dell another start.... tonight.

Eidsness is starting tonight. But I agree, Dell did great!