SiouxSports.com Forum

Answer Guy 10/13

VMeister

BISON Media Blog

Forum's Jeff Kolpack and Kevin Schnepf; WDAY's Steve Hallstrom and Answer Guy

Answer Guy takes your questions

Q- I heard that the Fargodome was going to start playing one of my songs on the PA system. Is that true? (Tom Petty, Gainesville, FL)

A- Yes. For the rest of this year, AC/DC

BISON Media Blog

Forum's Jeff Kolpack and Kevin Schnepf; WDAY's Steve Hallstrom and Answer Guy

Answer Guy takes your questions

Q- Do you answer all questions, or do you ignore the ones from some of the bigger morons? (JBB, Bisonsports.net)

Q- Did Craig Bohl say on his show that “Pat Paschall did not throw a punch”” (Coach Bohl’s Eye Doctor, Fargo, ND)

A- Yes, he did. Make sure he gets some new coke bottles, and maybe explain to him how television instant replay works.

Posted by: Answer Guy on 10/13/2009 at 2:03 PM | Comments (107) | Permalink

Missouri Valley Conference suspends Paschall for throwing punch ! :(:lol:

Fill me in please. The name "lakesbison" keeps appearing. Who or what is this individual all about? I have read some of his/her posts in the Forum and Herald. Is this some Jr. High student with too much time on his hands in study hall? His/her communication skills reek of an elementary student. Just wondering. If he represents NDSU I would be embarrassed.

Fill me in please. The name "lakesbison" keeps appearing. Who or what is this individual all about? I have read some of his/her posts in the Forum and Herald. Is this some Jr. High student with too much time on his hands in study hall? His/her communication skills reek of an elementary student. Just wondering. If he represents NDSU I would be embarrassed.

Consider yourself very lucky that you don't know much about him/her. He posts on numerous sports and newspaper sites. He has some "unique" ideas and tries to pound them down everyone's throats. You don't have to ask him what his opinion is twice! And if you are REALLY looking for some fun, ask him how he feels about UND! :(

Consider yourself very lucky that you don't know much about him/her. He posts on numerous sports and newspaper sites. He has some "unique" ideas and tries to pound them down everyone's throats. You don't have to ask him what his opinion is twice! And if you are REALLY looking for some fun, ask him how he feels about UND! :(

In an essence, he is the poster boy for NDSU's new admission standards.

WHOA! Slow Down NDAC too much melt down for one week and its only Wednesday. The Answer Guy might explode. At least spread out the drama over a few more weeks so can enjoy it and not be overloaded.

No kidding. Between Chapmangate and the soon-to-be 1-6 football team, it's not exactly a great time to be an NDSU fan/alum. But it's a great time to be VMeister!

VMeister's posts, although I admit find quite humorous, are teetering on the edge of being Smack, which as we all know is something we try to keep of the SiouxSports.com forums.

We can certainly do without posts attacking other posters of other sites which could be construed as personal attacks, defamation, or libel; as outlined in the Forum Terms and Rules section.

Can he still smack Chapman as long as he leave Lakesbison out of it? This is just too good to not allow...

I think that's kind of why these threads are causing us some angst. A weekly thread pointing out NDSU's current woes doesn't really have an obvious place on this forum.

Discussion of Chapman is obvious, it belongs here.

Discussion of the NDSU football program is fine, and can go in this forum (though there has been some discussion of a non-UND sports forum). That's probably why none of us have commented on these threads until now, in that they were reasonably high in content, quite a bit deeper than the typical "HAHAHA BISONS SUCKS" smack (which would have been immediately closed or deleted). However, as they've become weekly "make fun of NDSU" threads, it's become less clear how they fit into a UND football forum.

As we've said many times in the past -- it's a forum for discussion of UND sports. It's not an anti-NDSU forum, nor do we really want it to become such (especially given the myriad smack-welcoming forums dedicated to NDSU athletics).

Thanks for shining a light on this. While I am also enjoying the comedy I would hate for this site to lower itself to what other sites allow as a source of poisonous negativity and idiocracy.

We should never have a Smack Site, but is it possible to have an "It's all in Fun" category? But then again do we really want to associate or antagonize people associated with institutions that are below our standards?

We can certainly do without posts attacking other posters of other sites which could be construed as personal attacks, defamation, or libel; as outlined in the Forum Terms and Rules section.

I'm a bit curious how an "attack" by an anonymous person on another anonymous person could be classified as a personal attack, defamation, or libel.

But I'm pretty sure that the Answer Guy isn't looking for a hassle from THE MAN!

If anyone knows an appropriate spot where future editions might be posted, let me know. Anyway, I can't imagine there would be anything left in Fargo to mock and ridicule! :)

I'm a bit curious how an "attack" by an anonymous person on another anonymous person could be classified as a personal attack, defamation, or libel.

But I'm pretty sure that the Answer Guy isn't looking for a hassle from THE MAN!

If anyone knows an appropriate spot where future editions might be posted, let me know. Anyway, I can't imagine there would be anything left in Fargo to mock and ridicule! :)

You could blog it over on something like WordPress and attach a link to your sig-line like Goon does.

That portion of my disclaimer was directed at JacksonW's post regarding Lakesbison, which I see has since been removed.

I think that's kind of why these threads are causing us some angst. A weekly thread pointing out NDSU's current woes doesn't really have an obvious place on this forum.

Discussion of Chapman is obvious, it belongs here.

Discussion of the NDSU football program is fine, and can go in this forum (though there has been some discussion of a non-UND sports forum). That's probably why none of us have commented on these threads until now, in that they were reasonably high in content, quite a bit deeper than the typical "HAHAHA BISONS SUCKS" smack (which would have been immediately closed or deleted). However, as they've become weekly "make fun of NDSU" threads, it's become less clear how they fit into a UND football forum.

As we've said many times in the past -- it's a forum for discussion of UND sports. It's not an anti-NDSU forum, nor do we really want it to become such (especially given the myriad smack-welcoming forums dedicated to NDSU athletics).

We need at least a one-week stay of execution. If Answer Guy makes fun of both UND and NDSU football, can he return? Please? I really need a good laugh!