SiouxSports.com Forum

Finley-Frattin...Arrested

wyomingsiouxfan

Im sure at 3AM there was a lot of traffic that had to be diverted. Im sure people were late for work, doctor and dentists appointments, and bringing their kids to daycare. Backed up for miles probably. :lol:

This was stupid on there part but really isnt that big of a deal.

You're right it isn't that big of a deal except that it brings embarrassment to the young men, their families, and UND hockey. UND hockey is held in the same regard in GF that football is in Fargo. When we sit here all summer and rip SU football players for their lack of integrity we can't just sweep these 2 knuckleheads behavior under the rug. They screwed up. Hak needs to discipline Frattin appropriately.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right it isn't that big of a deal except that it brings embarrassment to the young men, their families, and UND hockey. UND hockey is held in the same regard in GF that football is in Fargo. When we sit here all summer and rip SU football players for their lack of integrity we can't just sweep these 2 knuckleheads behavior under the rug. They screwed up. Hak needs to discipline Frattin appropriately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

and whatever hak feels is apropriate is fine by me. 1 game or community service or whatever. who knows and thats his call. you are right in above statement about being part of und hockey and you are also right when you say it isnt a big deal. he should learn from it and move on like we all do when we make mistakes.

and whatever hak feels is apropriate is fine by me. 1 game or community service or whatever. who knows and thats his call. you are right in above statement about being part of und hockey and you are also right when you say it isnt a big deal. he should learn from it and move on like we all do when we make mistakes.

Exactly. Ya its embarassing and im sure Frattin will sit a game or two and will take some heat for it, the Captials might sit Finley down and tell him to clean his act up as well, but its not murder, and its not the end of the world.

Im sure at 3AM there was a lot of traffic that had to be diverted. Im sure people were late for work, doctor and dentists appointments, and bringing their kids to daycare. Backed up for miles probably. :lol:

This was stupid on there part but really isnt that big of a deal.

Ok... I live by Frattin. I admit it. :lol:

The "traffic" that would need to be diverted? Oh please. Who drives on that little service road off Columbia that is a one-way anyways? Particularly at 3 in the morning.

That said, what they did was dumb and obviously they were going to get caught at that location. I'll be interested to see if there is any punishment. I admit I laughed when I read the story. I think my mom laughed even harder when I told her Finley gave the cop a fake name.

They usually reserve pillaging and burning things for a championship won in the Cities, so I guess since the boys only won the McNaughton Cup, they felt they needed to scale down a bit and only damage their own property.

How about some Yahoo humor on the subject....

So Finley's a tough guy ... but as UND campus police discovered early Tuesday morning, no man is strong enough to resist the siren's song of throwing a kitchen table and a lawnmower into the middle of the street. Which is why they said they arrested Finley and a current North Dakota player and charged them with disorderly conduct.

UND Police Lt. Dan Lund told the Herald that "it was their own property, so there was nobody's property that was damaged other than their own ... They said they just kind of routinely destroy each other's stuff."

Beavis, meet Butthead.

Well, that's not exactly it. Finley actually had to write a letter of apology to the student in the suit for the incident. So I asked him: What on Earth does a player write in an apology letter to a badger? Finley replied:

"You know what ... we had a couple jokes about that. But I think the biggest thing is that you can't tell him that you didn't mean to do it, because you did whack him. I wish I could put it better, but for lack of a better term [i wrote] 'Just stay away form my goaltender.'"

Could have been worse: Bucky could have ended up in the middle of the street at 3 a.m. next to a lawn mower.

Stooooo - Pid, Stu - pd, Stuu - ped,

If they had both run away, I wonder how long the identity of a 6'7" 255 athletic white male in Grand Forks would have been a mystery. Dumb, but this will end up in probation athlete or not.... Now if the CC had a boosters name on it, that would be a story...

From Ex-UND hockey star Finley arrested, accused of trashing street (STrib)

Just a week before his arrest, while attending the Capitals' development camp, Finley listed for reporters what his experience at UND meant to him: "The maturity that North Dakota gave me, to understand time management, living on your own, all of those things."
:lol:

Comments from the Washington Post note are good, too.

any player that chucks lawnmowers around for fun is exactly the type of player that we need.

I can just hear Crosby now:

"Well, it was okay after the first wave of lawnmowers. But then it stopped for a bit and then started again, like a second wave. It's like they were going to the souvenir stands and buying MORE lawnmowers. I really wish the refs had done something about it sooner so we could've started playing hockey again."

And my favorite...

Off in the distance a whinny voice was heard saying "like it or lump it, that's what he does. Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't like it."

Loads of folks seem to know the facts without knowing the facts. I'm a long time prosecutor and would love to read the police reports. Cops sometimes get carried away over pretty minor incidents. Intent is a primary factor in any criminal case and from the Herald article it is hard to figure how the cops would prove that Frattin knew he was 'fleeing' from them and how Finley knew the card he gave the 'U' cop did not contain his name, unless he verbalized the same name. Messing up a GF city street at 3 a.m. is worthy of a city ticket for disorderly conduct and make them do some community service, like cleaning up some streets.

If Coach Hakstol took the disciplinary action indicated in the above posts, it seems to be jumping the gun until the system works. That is, unless Mssr. Frattin was already on double secret probation for something else. I guess the 'U' cops are real cops now unlike when I was in school. Relax everybody, even some of my law school classmates spent a night in jail in GF and they are now respected members of the bar.

Much ado about not much. Recall the presumption of innocence. Somebody else compared the Bison weed dealer to Frattin and Finley. If I could spell my snort of laughter I would spell it out. Hire some good lawyers boys, who can talk sense into the GF County State's Attorney's Office.

DG from Lets go DU is at it again:

The credit card is an interesting angle. If it belongs to a UND Booster and charges were made back while Finley was playing....

Of course the card may belong to a Cougar, but that's a whole different issue.

Come do we really want to go there? I don't think we have boosters giving players money and credit cards. I can't wait till someone from DU screws up again.

The headline writers at the STrib are the propaganda machine at its finest. When something good happens it's "Edina hockey player", but when its something bad its "Ex-UND hockey player". Hilarious.

I just hope The Lawnmower Man gets his head on straight in DC, or at their AHL team. He has a ton of potential.

The headline writers at the STrib are the propaganda machine at its finest. When something good happens it's "Edina hockey player", but when its something bad its "Ex-UND hockey player". Hilarious.

I just hope The Lawnmower Man gets his head on straight in DC, or at their AHL team. He has a ton of potential.

I bet they couldn't wait to report this incident.

Loads of folks seem to know the facts without knowing the facts. I'm a long time prosecutor and would love to read the police reports. Cops sometimes get carried away over pretty minor incidents. Intent is a primary factor in any criminal case and from the Herald article it is hard to figure how the cops would prove that Frattin knew he was 'fleeing' from them and how Finley knew the card he gave the 'U' cop did not contain his name, unless he verbalized the same name. Messing up a GF city street at 3 a.m. is worthy of a city ticket for disorderly conduct and make them do some community service, like cleaning up some streets.

If Coach Hakstol took the disciplinary action indicated in the above posts, it seems to be jumping the gun until the system works. That is, unless Mssr. Frattin was already on double secret probation for something else. I guess the 'U' cops are real cops now unlike when I was in school. Relax everybody, even some of my law school classmates spent a night in jail in GF and they are now respected members of the bar.

Much ado about not much. Recall the presumption of innocence. Somebody else compared the Bison weed dealer to Frattin and Finley. If I could spell my snort of laughter I would spell it out. Hire some good lawyers boys, who can talk sense into the GF County State's Attorney's Office.

Is there a way where we can file a Fredom of information request to the police report for this incident?

I agree with most of your post. However, I would guess that Hakstol talked to both guys, got the story straight from them, and then punished Frattin from that information. I am sure that he is trying to make a point with the team that they need to watch their behavior after the incidents of the past few years. This incident was totally unnecessary.