SiouxSports.com Forum

recurring ss.com discussions

Someone posted in another thread we should start this, and its not a bad idea. Helps keep other threads on topic and gives davek an outlet for... Well whatever it is...

Ill get it started...

You can NOT be a sioux fan and a goof fan

There is still a place for fighting in hockey

Crosby is great, so is AO

A knee to knee check IS dirty, so was ulfie

Walski was a key part of the team the last 4 years

I can have completely different views than someone and still have a fun message board discussion

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but it is a start. If the mods want to shut this down, its ok, I did this as a joke, but could serve a useful purpose. The former players thread is out of control.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but it is a start. If the mods want to shut this down, its ok, I did this as a joke, but could serve a useful purpose. The former players thread is out of control.

I think most of those are fine discussions, but if you manage to pull any of them out of the former players thread, I think we'll all appreciate it :)

Hmmmmm.... Not DaveK, but still....

Finley sucks.

Walski didn't get a fair shake.

Lee still sucks.

LaPoint is good, but he sucks. Nevertheless, I hope he gets well soon.

Crosby is God.

Fire Hakstol

Bring back Blais

Forney should pack his back and go elsewhere.

Gophers are pansies ("What? That's not an argument?")

I'm gonna go get my popcorn ready for this thread. :)

Hum, I think Big A HG is a great hockey mind. ;) I was thinking the same thing.

Don't forget the you can't be a Sioux and Gophers fan at the same time.

every college hockey website is against the Sioux

Gopher recruits are overrated

AJHL is an acronym for Another Jewel Hakstol Located

Jeremy Morin is still considering going the college route

the Final Five is best party of the year

it's not that cold in Grand Forks in January while thinking about it in July

Toews will come back since Oshie said he will

Boston College just plays a faster game

Gophers can keep the MacNaughton and Broadmoor, all we want are NCAA titles

Mike Prpich proved that Marty McFly wasn't the only one who knew Doc Brown

Brett Hextall is like Mike Prpich except he can score

In three years of college Matt Greene had 347 PIM.......for a reason

Blais can coach any team, anywhere, and be successful

HDTV is a marketing gimmick, SD is just as good, and most of us aren't smart enough to know that, and have been hoodwinked into wasting a lot of money

Any player that is a Penguin is a perfect human. There are no cheap hacks that are or have ever been Penguins, all other teams have them.

Any team other than the Penguins that have a player considered by the media to be elite, actually just have a one-way cherry picker for a player.

Argue with any of above and you are lame/uncool/dorky.

Okay, this may have been intended to get a rise out of me but I'll show that I can be a good sport by playing along...

You can be a Sioux fan AND a Gophers fan

There is no place for fighting in hockey

Ovechkin is great, Crosby is greater

I won't cry like a little girl over a knee to knee check, even when a Penguin is on the receiving end of it

Ulfie is a Pittsburgh legend, and without having acquired him midseason the 1990-91 Penguins would not have won the Stanley Cup

Walski was a non-factor the last 4 years

How EXACTLY can one be a Sioux fan and a Gopher fan? Seriously. The Sioux and the Gophers hate each other, their fans hate each other -- it's just not possible (for a normal, sane, hockey fan anyways)... that's the way it's always been. Are you a Vikings and a Packers fan too? Yankees and Red Sox?

Sounds like a bandwagon thing to me....

I believe that you can be both a Sioux fan and a Gopher fan, if and only if:

1) you are a chimera (originally twins, but one absorbed the other in the womb and both sets of DNA still exist in the person)

2) you have multiple personalities that hate each other

Other than that you cannot be a true Sioux fan and a Gopher fan. It's Newton's first law of duplicity.

I believe that you can be both a Sioux fan and a Gopher fan, if and only if:

1) you are a chimera (originally twins, but one absorbed the other in the womb and both sets of DNA still exist in the person)

2) you have multiple personalities that hate each other

Other than that you cannot be a true Sioux fan and a Gopher fan. It's Newton's first law of duplicity.

I have a buddy who grew up in the Twin Cities area, but his dad went to UND. Growing up, his dad tried to instill "UND values" upon him, but also since growing up in that area he liked the Gophers. So when we met (about 5 years ago, both of us in our 20's) he was both a Sioux and Gopher fan. It took me about 0.31 seconds to explain why you can't be both, and he understood, but unfortunately sided with the Gophers.

"Good fans" don't bash their team or coaches. They are always supportive. :)

I love that discussion.

;) for sure, thats always a good one. we can praise and kiss ass all we want but if someone is playing like crap how dare you critique them :lol: like they are 7 year olds that will take their stick and skates and go home. please. anything is fair game towards any player/coach as long as it doesnt get personal. thats where the line needs to be drawn and i dont have any tolerance for that bullsh%& along with many others but game/player critique is fair game

Walski was a non-factor the last 4 years

Ok, I am sorry, but I can not hold this in any longer....HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WALSKI WAS A NON-FACTOR THE LAST 4 YEARS? Were you at every practice? Are you in Coach Hakstol's head? Aaron Walski is a great guy and I am proud that he came to play for UND.....I would be willing to bet that most if not all of the guys that have played with him in the last four years are proud that he supported them even when he was not getting much playing time. And a non-factor that won a game for us? A game that was a shut-out for him? Sorry, but I would say that Aaron had a little bit of a factor in that game. Yes, the defensemen helped, but you still need a goalie back there in the net. You can be a factor on the team without playing that much or if all....Robbie Bina missed a year, does that make him a non-factor for that game? Aaron Walski had a factor on the last four teams, we were just not lucky enough to see it.

End of rant.

Ok, I am sorry, but I can not hold this in any longer....HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WALSKI WAS A NON-FACTOR THE LAST 4 YEARS? Were you at every practice? Are you in Coach Hakstol's head? Aaron Walski is a great guy and I am proud that he came to play for UND.....I would be willing to bet that most if not all of the guys that have played with him in the last four years are proud that he supported them even when he was not getting much playing time. And a non-factor that won a game for us? A game that was a shut-out for him? Sorry, but I would say that Aaron had a little bit of a factor in that game. Yes, the defensemen helped, but you still need a goalie back there in the net. You can be a factor on the team without playing that much or if all....Robbie Bina missed a year, does that make him a non-factor for that game? Aaron Walski had a factor on the last four teams, we were just not lucky enough to see it.

End of rant.

Isn't the guy allowed an opinion....Even if it is extremely out in left field? :)