SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey Off-Season Thread

AZSIOUX

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly why I said "forward" :D

We get you have some animosity towards genoways offensive mindset, the fact of the matter is that all successful teams nowadays have a player like him... fast, puck moving, dynamic dmen, and yes the occasional negatives that come with it. You will have to get used to it, because genoway won't be the last (he might be the best we see for a while, but not the last). And if you still question it, ask hak who he thinks the most dynamic player in a sioux uni this season is (I bet he wears the C )

We get you have some animosity towards genoways offensive mindset, the fact of the matter is that all successful teams nowadays have a player like him... fast, puck moving, dynamic dmen, and yes the occasional negatives that come with it. You will have to get used to it, because genoway won't be the last (he might be the best we see for a while, but not the last). And if you still question it, ask hak who he thinks the most dynamic player in a sioux uni this season is (I bet he wears the C )

Hopefully Blood can cover the mess better than Finley.

With the loss of Frattin now, how do you guys see the line combos playing out? Does Frattin's dismissal mean VandeVelde and Malone will both center lines now rather than Malone playing on Vande's wing with Frattin? I kind of like Malone on wing rather than center but he may be needed to play center.

With the loss of Frattin now, how do you guys see the line combos playing out? Does Frattin's dismissal mean VandeVelde and Malone will both center lines now rather than Malone playing on Vande's wing with Frattin? I kind of like Malone on wing rather than center but he may be needed to play center.

not sure yet but i would say the 12 you see out there nightly will be this 12 but obviously injuries and other factors will change here and there but i would count on these 12 off that bat...and no its not a negative on the 2 i left as healthy scratches as you only roll 12 forwards and those are the 12 i see playing nightly for the most part and same for my D thinking. im not that great with the pairings for forwards and d so ill leave that up to you that are :D

malone

gregoire

trupp

vandevelde

zajac

hextall

lamoureux

toews

kristo

cichy

rowney

knight

davidson

bruneteau

genoway

blood

lapoint

marto

finehage

macwilliam

gleason

hill

eidsness

dell

?

I am not its going to be so cut and dry with the Freshmen. I know he has lost some favor with people, but I think Bruneteau will be better than expected. His last year numbers were horrible, but you have to remember what team he was on. I think his maturity will give him an edge and he may see some playing time, especially on the 3rd and 4th lines where he may not be expected to put up a bunch of points, but rather play solid defense and positional hockey. I think Knight and Rowney have more offensive skill, but if they aren't on the top 2 or 3 lines, Hak and company may want positional players instead, grindings and/or bigger more physical guys.

I am not its going to be so cut and dry with the Freshmen. I know he has lost some favor with people, but I think Bruneteau will be better than expected. His last year numbers were horrible, but you have to remember what team he was on. I think his maturity will give him an edge and he may see some playing time, especially on the 3rd and 4th lines where he may not be expected to put up a bunch of points, but rather play solid defense and positional hockey. I think Knight and Rowney have more offensive skill, but if they aren't on the top 2 or 3 lines, Hak and company may want positional players instead, grindings and/or bigger more physical guys.

he very could be or it could take some time. we will see but yes hes experienced. it seems hes one punch or big hit away from some problems as well with his past fighitng injuries. hope hes nice and healthy as hes a tough nose player!

I think you see them (VV and Malone) together to start the season as Hak will be looking to develop line chemistry.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something like:

VV, Malone and Kristo (I think he is too dynamic not to play right away)

Toews, Gregoire and Trupp

Zajac, Cichy and Hextall

Lamoureaux, Rowney and Knight

D pairings

Genoway and Blood

Marto and Fienhage

Lapoint and MacWilliam