SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I'll keep my FTA instead of worrying if a random Fox channel is going to show hockey or some super exciting lacrosse matchup...(yes, I know that was ESPN last year)

I agree

if you have satellite, the FTA system is almost a necessity

cable folks can get by with the digital package

• Downvote 1

Since there are so many Fox Sports channels on Dish's multi-sport package, I was thinking they might throw the game up on one of the channels

negative. The FSN's are pretty much set. FCS cherry picks from those. When they have an "exclusive" game it doesnt always go the other way

or an alternate channel. However, Dish's TV schedule does not show anything.

possibly. If you can see out on the guide to Saturday (most HD & PVR units will see 9 days out) check the alt channels Saturday afternoon to see if its on there

• Downvote 1

I have comcast, so it sounds like I'm golden if I purchase the sports tier package that has all three FCS channels.

Yes, you should be good to go.

The only question (DirecTV only) is if FCS airs more than one exclusive game in a time slot, and if they do then which airs on 617? Looking at their programming guides I don't see any future conflicts, but there's no way to be sure. DirecTV certainly isn't going to know, so don't bother calling them.

I have comcast, so it sounds like I'm golden if I purchase the sports tier package that has all three FCS channels.

What comcast package do you have? My kid just moved to the TC and signed up for the starter digital, which shows the FCS stations are included without adding anything.

• Downvote 1

What comcast package do you have? My kid just moved to the TC and signed up for the starter digital, which shows the FCS stations are included without adding anything.

digital starter is pretty much full analog cable + a couple extra channels (digital subchannels that OTA folks can get), the music channels, access to ppv and pro sports packages, etc

you have to add the "Sports Entertainment Pack" which gives you (I'm using Mpls as the example...taken from Crapcast site)

102 ESPNews Sports

180 NFL Network Sports

722 ESPNews Sports

723 Fox College Sports Atlantic Sports

724 Fox College Sports Central Sports

725 Fox College Sports Pacific Sports

726 ESPN Classic Sports

727 The Red Zone Sports

731 Outdoor Channel Sports

732 Speed Channel Sports

733 MLB Network Sports

734 NBA TV Sports

735 CBS College Sports Sports

736 NFL Network Sports

737 The Tennis Channel Sports

738 Sportsman Channel Sports

739 NHL Network Sports

740 Fuel Sports

749 NBA TV Sports

• Downvote 1

digital starter is pretty much full analog cable + a couple extra channels (digital subchannels that OTA folks can get), the music channels, access to ppv and pro sports packages, etc

you have to add the "Sports Entertainment Pack" which gives you (I'm using Mpls as the example...taken from Crapcast site)

102 ESPNews Sports

180 NFL Network Sports

722 ESPNews Sports

723 Fox College Sports Atlantic Sports

724 Fox College Sports Central Sports

725 Fox College Sports Pacific Sports

726 ESPN Classic Sports

727 The Red Zone Sports

731 Outdoor Channel Sports

732 Speed Channel Sports

733 MLB Network Sports

734 NBA TV Sports

735 CBS College Sports Sports

736 NFL Network Sports

737 The Tennis Channel Sports

738 Sportsman Channel Sports

739 NHL Network Sports

740 Fuel Sports

749 NBA TV Sports

Yep, I finally figured out their rather confusing web site.

• Downvote 1

I just talked to Comcast tonite for another matter and then asked about upgrading my standard cable so I can get the FCS channel. I was told the same package as above. The first person quoted me the $7.99 monthly price, but the second one said they do have a 6 month FREE TRIAL which I will probably pick up. I can cancel later if I don't like it. FYI

Here's a question.

As far as I know Sioux Sports Extra has not been put up FTA in the past.

However, the announcement has this:

>Sioux Sports Extra can be seen weekly on Wednesdays at 5:30

>p.m. Central on Fox College Sports Central. The show will

>also be seen at other selected times, including 3:30 p.m.

>Central on Saturday prior to the kickoff of the UND-USD

>football game.

So does this mean Sioux Sports Extra will be put up FTA on FSSN? Or is there another method FCS will be getting Sioux Sports Extra to broadcast it?

I will see what I can find out tonight :D

straight from foxcollegesports.com:

Great news! DIRECTV offers great college sports options from Fox!

Most Fox College Sports programming is available on the Fox regional sports networks, which are included in DIRECTV's Sports Pack. In addition, select Fox College Sports programming that is not available on any of the regional sports networks can usually be found on channel 617. Call DIRECTV at 800-DIRECTV to get subscription details.

there are 14 fox regional sports networks on directv (there might be some cross-over because of hd vs sd feeds). i imagine between those channels and channel 617, directv subscribers should get most, if not all, of the fssn feeds.

fcs has never had a contract like this with one specific college hockey team. they do show plenty of college hockey, but this is the first time there's been a deal with one team like this. that being the case, it would seem strange to me for them to work out this contract and then not show the games on one of their 15 channels available to directv subscribers.

in my experience, if it's showing on comcast, it's showing on directv. whereas, if it's showing on directv, there's a small chance it's showing on comcast. since comast will be getting all these games, i'm confident directv will show them all as well.

only time will tell though i guess.

there are 14 fox regional sports networks on directv (there might be some cross-over because of hd vs sd feeds). i imagine between those channels and channel 617, directv subscribers should get most, if not all, of the fssn feeds.

the games are only going to be on that FCS channel (617) if they show the game. Again if there are more than one option who knows what they'll pick

It wont be on any other regional sports channel

• Downvote 2

DirecTV has to be able to deliver FCS Pacific to the west and FCS Atlantic to the east, so is it possible that for those of us in the FCS Central zone the feeds for the other two FCS channels will be on one of the RSNa channels and available via the sports pack?

I have the FTA setup and plan to use it for the reasons stated here, but I don't see why DirecTV would have an issue accessing/broadcasting all three of the FCS channels either on 617 or via the RSNa channels. I guess we'll find out this weekend!

DirecTV has to be able to deliver FCS Pacific to the west and FCS Atlantic to the east, so is it possible that for those of us in the FCS Central zone the feeds for the other two FCS channels will be on one of the RSNa channels and available via the sports pack?

Directv has ONE (one) FCS channel that will show games that are not already available on the other 25 RSN's

Here are examples of this weeks games on FCS

noon eastern...Sacred Heart at Central Conn. St on FCS Atlantic. The originating station is the NEC TV network. On satellite its on MSG+

3:00 Eastern...Kansas St & Iowa St on FCS Central only

3:30 Eastern...New Mexico & Texas Tech on FCS Pacific...on pretty much any FSN that doesnt have something else on

5:00 Eastern...Sioux game on FCS Atlantic. From the FSSN

7:00 Eastern...Kent ST vs. Baylor on FCS Pacific....on satellite on FSN SW

7:00 Eastern..Southern Illinois at Western Illinois on FCS Central...satellite folks will see on FSN Midwest

so the only games not on a satellite multisports channel is the Sioux game and Kansas St...hopefully DirecTV gets it right and shows the Sioux as the K-State/Iowa ST game is ONLY on FCS

• Downvote 1

You sure about that? 623 is listed as an alternate channel for the Big 10 Network, so it certainly would be odd if that's where they put it. I was thinking 617 or not at all, but we'll see what happens.

Could be. I can't see BTN using the alternate channel this week, a lot of the Big 10 games this weekend got picked up nationally. I think they'd maybe end up using something like that if ESPN hadn't picked up Gophers/Badgers, and then BTN would have had to carry 2 games. Could be wrong, just sayin....

You sure about that? 623 is listed as an alternate channel for the Big 10 Network, so it certainly would be odd if that's where they put it. I was thinking 617 or not at all, but we'll see what happens.

exactly Dave

617 or not at all

btw: what does the guide say? I know at my moms yesterday the guide only went to 1AM Saturday when I was there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone have any info on Dish Network availability for this new announcement of the games on FCS? My channel guide says nothing about it so wanted to see if anyone knows. Thanks!

Dish doesnt carry FCS so unless they put it on one of the alt channels (444-479) it wont be on.

If you have a PVR/DVR unit you should be able to scroll to Saturday as they have a 9 day guide in them. Scroll through and see. The receiver I have here only goes out two days

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's a question.

As far as I know Sioux Sports Extra has not been put up FTA in the past.

However, the announcement has this:

>Sioux Sports Extra can be seen weekly on Wednesdays at 5:30

>p.m. Central on Fox College Sports Central. The show will

>also be seen at other selected times, including 3:30 p.m.

>Central on Saturday prior to the kickoff of the UND-USD

>football game.

So does this mean Sioux Sports Extra will be put up FTA on FSSN? Or is there another method FCS will be getting Sioux Sports Extra to broadcast it?

I will see what I can find out tonight ;)

Nothing, notta, no Sioux Sports Extra to be found tonight :D

Will have to see what happens 3:30pm saturday I guess.

Dish doesnt carry FCS so unless they put it on one of the alt channels (444-479) it wont be on.

If you have a PVR/DVR unit you should be able to scroll to Saturday as they have a 9 day guide in them. Scroll through and see. The receiver I have here only goes out two days

All the ALT's and most of the FSN's on dishnetwork show the New Mexico vs Texas Tech game in the Sat. afternoon slot where the Sioux/SD would be. The SiouxXtra show is on western ND locals, from Bismarck, at 11:30PM on Sunday nights.

Nothing shows in the schedule for the ALT's for Sunday, sometimes things show up closer to game times, but so far doesn't look good for dishnetwork.

• Downvote 1

the games are only going to be on that FCS channel (617) if they show the game. Again if there are more than one option who knows what they'll pick

It wont be on any other regional sports channel

again, straight from the fcs web site:

Most Fox College Sports programming is available on the Fox regional sports networks

just because it's labelled fsn or some other variation of fox regional sports network and not fcs doesn't mean they may not show it on one of those channels.