SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

action_nd_fight.gif

Its almost Friday somewhere so lets get this going :glare:

The Dogz hold on and kick the gophers to the curb in regards to the FINAL 5. Congrats to the Dogs!! Sioux vs Dogs Friday night at the X

GO SIOUX

SIOUX 3-2, kozek,duncan,frattin

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miscellaneous opinions:

1) On Thursday night, I thought UMD looked like an 8th place team playing in front of the 1st place goalie. On average, they are about 5th.

2) If Kangas doesn't give UMD a soft early one, the night could have been very different. (Minnesota definitely carried the play, but then UMD was protecting a lead the last 56 minutes.)

3) First goal Friday night is huge, especially for UMD. They are tough with the lead, but I can't see them playing from behind all that well.

4) Nice PP for the Dogs.

5) UMD plays simple, basic hockey. Easy to anticipate their next move.

6) The Xcel ice is marked up with NHL zone lines, meaning small neutral zone and big offensive zones. Actually a lot like the DECC. If I have one worry, its that that favors UMD and disfavors a transition team like UND.

7) It was quiet at the X tonight. Considering there were 17611 in attendance.

8) Bummed there was no UMD pep band.

9) I can't see UMD getting more than 2. And I can't see UND getting less than 3. Pick: 4-1 UND.

10) Wisconsin wins the afternoon semi.

11) Wally Shaver on the postgame "Everybody cheer for UND!" ... I dang near drove off the road.

12) Tomorrow is a perfect breakout game for Watkins, Zajac, Martens. Their physical high-tempo style makes them a tough matchup for UMD.

Stalock is a stud...4 Lines is our advantage, UMD's PP looked decent the few minutes I watched last night...

We will need solve our PK issues of late, and keep pressure on the Dogs...

I feel if all 4 lines are clicking, we will wear them down like we do most other teams by around the middle of the 2nd...

Wish I could be there...

Go Sioux!!!

I'm going to let everyone on SS decide for me if I should go to the game tonight. Here's my situation: I am in the Cities right now after just getting back from vacation. I have a final to take tomorrow morning so I'm thinking I should go home and study for that. However, I would LOVE to go to the Sioux game tonight. So what should I do?! (I feel like I know the answer already lol)

I'm going to let everyone on SS decide for me if I should go to the game tonight. Here's my situation: I am in the Cities right now after just getting back from vacation. I have a final to take tomorrow morning so I'm thinking I should go home and study for that. However, I would LOVE to go to the Sioux game tonight. So what should I do?! (I feel like I know the answer already lol)

You F#@&ing Panzie,

OMG u had better go to the game... i am in Australia and would do anything to have the option to go to the F5, if u dont u will FAIL the test anyweay cuz ur teacher will know u studied and will punish u for nat going... trust me teachers like dedicated fans of their college hockey teams better than how smart they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO and i bet you will not regret it!!!

P.S. sorry if i offend u, i am a little drunk....

anyway, time for me to go to bed ill be back for the game later folks and until then i will dream of a Sioux win later today, GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO. TO. THE. GAME.

I was faced with the same decision in 1997, I went to the game, took the test, earned a solid C and have no regrets, GO TO THE GAME! now I'm a family man and living on the other side of the State. Oh to thave the problems of college again! :silly:

As I said before, I am a UMD fan first and Sioux second. I was hoping these two would avoid each other, but such is life. The good thing is I have a team to cheer for on Saturday night (and Saturday afternoon).

The Sioux will be tough for the Dogs, but I expect a close game. Some are talking about the Sioux rolling four lines and getting an advantage because of it. UMD also rolls four lines and their third and fourth lines have 3 seniors, so that advantage may not be as great as some are saying.

May the best team win tonight. One thing we can all agree on is......it sure will be nice to not have any more spelling lessons (m-i-n-n-e-s-o-t-a) this weekend.

So the decision is to go to the game, or stay home and study???

Ya tough decision to make...

it took me eight years to get a bachelor's degree because of conflicts like this during the first few years of college; not all sports related, mostly alcohol and road-trip related.

after getting nowhere academically at north dakota, i switched colleges (went to mankato) and graduated from there. in my experience, i was way more suited for certain advantages of college life, that i won't go into, during those last four or five years of college than i was during those first few years.

so, basically, even if you fail your test and your class, at least you get to stay in college longer, which definitely has it's benefits. i'm sure those benefits would have diminished had i stayed there much longer, but as it was, i regret nothing and would do it the same way if i could go back.

i know others who couldn't do it the way i did it since i've seen too many people who screwed off for the first two or three years of college and they ended up dropping out and regretting not taking it more seriously. however, based on my own personal experiences, this is a no-brainer...get drunk, go to the game, sleep with a stranger, and if there's time, go take your precious test.

bong!

As I said before, I am a UMD fan first and Sioux second. I was hoping these two would avoid each other, but such is life. The good thing is I have a team to cheer for on Saturday night (and Saturday afternoon).

The Sioux will be tough for the Dogs, but I expect a close game. Some are talking about the Sioux rolling four lines and getting an advantage because of it. UMD also rolls four lines and their third and fourth lines have 3 seniors, so that advantage may not be as great as some are saying.

May the best team win tonight. One thing we can all agree on is......it sure will be nice to not have any more spelling lessons (m-i-n-n-e-s-o-t-a) this weekend.

It was good to only have to listen to the spelling lesson a few times last night. The only bad thing about the goph's losing last night is that the X will be not be as full since a lot of the gopher fans are not "college hockey fans" and a lot of them went to their final game last night.