SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

Just got back....

Two high-flying games where we didn't always look the best, but at times looked great. That's hockey, it's a game of momentum. You just have to weather the storm when it comes, even though it'd be nice to be the dominant team from start to finish. If it wasn't a team of CC's calibre, I'd be a bit more worried, but to get 3 points against a team as fast and good as them, with a great goalie is awesome.

It was so nice to be able to blow the roof off the building to cap the weekend before heading to Madison. The next two games will not be gimmes and the guys will have to work big time to pull out a win. If they play their game, they'll get the 2 points they need.

This is just one more baby step to the ultimate goal, so let's keep riding the wave.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, after the OT, they showed the tribute portion of "Brad Miller Time Episode #22" on the big screen. Seniors players skated back out onto the ice, applauding fans who returned the favor. Players skated a lap and saluted fans in every corner of the rink then the players themselves watched the rest of the tribute to great applause from those of us remaining. As usual, the student section stayed for it all. I got all misty-eyed myself. Sweet way to thank our Great 8 Senior Sioux.

LaPoint also did one of the "Go Sioux" bumpers and the clip of him got thunderous applause.

Let's go to Madison and get that C-U-P.

I just hope they learned a lesson and realize that if they only have a one goal lead they have to continue attacking the net. Losing while being aggressive is not as bad as skating around waiting for the other team to score.

Great win.

Let's leave no question as to who is the best and get 4 in Madison!!!!

I just hope they learned a lesson and realize that if they only have a one goal lead they have to continue attacking the net. Losing while being aggressive is not as bad as skating around waiting for the other team to score.

Great win.

What ever it takes but the Sioux are getting a cup.

I saw both Gopher/Dogs games this weekend as wella s both Sioux games. CC and UND played at a much higher level.

CC is a team that noone is going to want to play in the Final 5. They are goos, and it is looking like do or die for them.

Wisconsin, MN, UMD, and CC are all bubble teams that are going to be playing desperate hockey. It looks like only DU and us are shoe ins to the big dance at this point. THe Final 5 is going to be the best its ever been. Sioux are going to need to pack a lunch to Madison and Mpls. Assuming they get by Tech or Alaska.

Great win.

That's my point too.

I wouldn't say that we're failing, but we didn't exactly play well with the lead.

CC is a team that noone is going to want to play in the Final 5.

I would question if the Tigers get that far. Remember UND went to UAA and teams struggle the week after playing in Anchorage.

I honestly don't buy into that. That's like the WJC excuse.

I'm on both sides of the fence. What makes the trip to UAA and back difficult is the sleeping patterns. I believe it was Watty that said he couldn't sleep right until about Wednesday. It just throws things off a bit. Is it going to be the end of the world going to UAA? Absolutely not. It certainly isn't helpful though. The whole thing is slightly overblown, but there is something to it, I think.

What a game! Exciting to be at!

Sweet win, but as some have said our penalty kill has to get better. I know they killed the OT penalty, but they gave up 2 PP to UAA last Sat., then this weekend...not good. :(

Eidness is money! Kid is a gamer!

Miller is/was nicked up. Him at 75% is still a push or slightly beter than Fienhage at 100% at this point.

Zajac's line was a beast all weekend.

Kozek was great today and Davidson stepped in and played well. Thought our 4th line was very solid.

Feel bad for Genoway as he struggled again today. He is much better than he showed this weekend.

Blood looks more comfortable each time out.

And how CC hasn't won more games is beyond me? Rau was the best player on the ice most of the weekend and a cheetah couldn't catch Walsky. I think they are the best team I've seen at the Ralph this year.

Great weekend of hockey. Just need 1 point next weekend!

That was one heckuva hockey game kids.

Aside from about the first six minutes of the second period, UND controlled this game; I hate hate hate the cycle, but they worked it well tonight. After coming out of the locker room really flat for the start of the second, they started really throwing the bodies around and flipped the game for themselves.

I thought Blood played a pretty solid, safe game; he seemed to know enough to get rid of the puck when he was in trouble; having Miller beside him had to be calming for the kid. Davidson on the fourth line was refreshing; he was throwing his weight around whenever he was on the ice.

Watkins had a great senior night, and saved a sure goal after Eidsness left a fat, juicy rebound at the edge of the crease. Kozek was an animal.

The Sioux need to tighten up the penalty kill really fast or that will come back to haunt them down the stretch.

All in all, I thought the Sioux played a really good game against a very good hockey team. UND was flat for a spell and that cost them the lead, but a gutty performance to kill the penalty in OT and get the win.

One game at a time; one win at a time.

I can appreciate what some Sioux fans have said about the team's play at times today and yesterday but give CC some credit, they are a fast skating, skilled team who knew that the stakes were huge for them in terms of their NCAA tournament chances. I think the fact that the Sioux went into a protective shell in today's 3rd period is a sign of respect towards CC's forwards who can beat you just like that. I don't think they wanted to give Rau, Sweatt, or Walski a chance to beat them on an odd man rush. That said, CC is now on the wrong side of the bubble. A win against DU next weekend would certainly help.

That goal that Zajac got today, wasn't that similar to a game winning goal that the Sioux scored a few weeks ago? I recall Kozek or someone saying that a few weeks ago (Mankato I believe?)...that it's a design play-the winger throws a wrister on net, hoping that the goalie will kick it out and then the other winger comes in high and bangs in the rebound. Great play by Kozek, Malone, and Zajac.

Just got home from the game. What a rush! The Ralph literally exploded when Zajac scored. It was great seeing fans stay in their seats waiting for the team stick salute.

It looks like CC is playing well. They are extremely fast. Sweatt is possibly the fastest in the league. The Sioux came ready to play today and it was great to see. They pressured CC very well, especially in the first period. The Sioux had trouble containing Rau this weekend without a doubt. But the end result is the Sioux pulled through.

Now for a tough game at the Kohl Center.

And they had some kind of mixup at the Ralph today. The name they called for the Saturn Sky convertible wasn't mine. I don't know how they blew that one! :(

That goal that Zajac got today, wasn't that similar to a game winning goal that the Sioux scored a few weeks ago? I recall Kozek or someone saying that a few weeks ago (Mankato I believe?)...that it's a design play-the winger throws a wrister on net, hoping that the goalie will kick it out and then the other winger comes in high and bangs in the rebound. Great play by Kozek, Malone, and Zajac.

I agree, I think a lt of credit has to be given to Malone on that play for bouncing it perfectly off the left pad and setting it up for Zajac. To me, Malone has really improved a lot this year and I am looking for big things in the tournaments and next year.

What a game! Exciting to be at!

Sweet win, but as some have said our penalty kill has to get better. I know they killed the OT penalty, but they gave up 2 PP to UAA last Sat., then this weekend...not good. :(

Eidness is money! Kid is a gamer!

Miller is/was nicked up. Him at 75% is still a push or slightly beter than Fienhage at 100% at this point.

Zajac's line was a beast all weekend.

Kozek was great today and Davidson stepped in and played well. Thought our 4th line was very solid.

Feel bad for Genoway as he struggled again today. He is much better than he showed this weekend.

Blood looks more comfortable each time out.

And how CC hasn't won more games is beyond me? Rau was the best player on the ice most of the weekend and a cheetah couldn't catch Walsky. I think they are the best team I've seen at the Ralph this year.

Great weekend of hockey. Just need 1 point next weekend!

You are right on the money! CC is a very skilled team and played like there playoff lives were on the line. That said, I am very happy with UND's effort and the three points. Rau, Sweat, and Walsky were very impressive all weekend.

We only need one point, but two is much better and ensures the cup is not shared with the Dasher Troll. Bucky will be playing with the same amount of desperation as CC did this weekend. I don't think UW is nearly is strong as CC, but we will have to win on the road against a team that always plays us tough.