SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers are they out of control?

Riverman

Gotta agree with you there. In the past three weeks, I have seen gopher players retaliate or instigate 4 times, and each and every time it was from behind or when someone was down. I'm all for sticking up for teammates, but do it face to face. I know standing up for teammates is somewhat new for the gophers, as witnessed by Stoa saying that Shack's attack was the first time they stood up this year, but there are ways that are more honorable than others. I would be embarrased if you hadn't stuck up for teammates until 3/4 of the season was complete.

The goofs don't know how to.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be posted soon. Apparently the videos of Schacks Bertuzzi impersonation keep getting taken down.

I guess the Goofs don't like anything that portray them in a negative light.

I set the Schack shellacking video to private. I guess I figured anyone who was a fan of either team, as well as our fans had seen it by Sunday morning (over 2,000 views) and there wasn't any point to leaving it out there...Gophers or not, not very good press for college hockey. Part of me also felt that we wouldn't want our cheap shots out there for everyone to see forever. I don't feel Schack's pummeling was on the same scale as the MSU guys; that slash to the neck was quite a bit worse IMHO. As far as Lucia's comments go, if Hak backed up one of his players for defending another player, I don't know that we would be calling for his head. If you haven't seen the clip from Friday night and want to, and if you have a youtube account, add me (badgersioux) as a "friend" and you will be able to watch it. Otherwise, let's move on to the Mavs.

I set the Schack shellacking video to private. I guess I figured anyone who was a fan of either team, as well as our fans had seen it by Sunday morning (over 2,000 views) and there wasn't any point to leaving it out there...Gophers or not, not very good press for college hockey. Part of me also felt that we wouldn't want our cheap shots out there for everyone to see forever. I don't feel Schack's pummeling was on the same scale as the MSU guys; that slash to the neck was quite a bit worse IMHO. As far as Lucia's comments go, if Hak backed up one of his players for defending another player, I don't know that we would be calling for his head. If you haven't seen the clip from Friday night and want to, and if you have a youtube account, add me (badgersioux) as a "friend" and you will be able to watch it. Otherwise, let's move on to the Mavs.

Fair enough.

You have selective memory. When the gophers hit Oshie late last year, didn't Zajac jack Lucia from behind? Sometimes you just respond without thinking first. Not saying that is right or wrong, just that in a game like hockey your emotions can get the best of you. My problem is with guys like Woog and Mazzocco who after this event said how nice it is to have a guy like Shack, while they lit into Zach Jones for being classless when he wanted to handle things from the front.

little tonya lucia has been running from any face to face confrontation his whole time in the WCHA...loved his 17 minutes in penalties hightlighted with a CFB against St Clown a couple weeks ago...

The sound of silence from the WCHA league office is deafening. So is the league office saying SCH(Hack) isn't going to get any suspension?

Chris Dilks (WCH Blog) has reason to believe that there will be no supplementary discipline.

It appears as though Schack would have actually had to break Boe's ankle himself in order to get extra penalty.

I'm really wondering if the Gopher "cut and run" style and the clout Lucia has is handcuffing the WCHA.

I mean, they're not "known" for cheap antics (and, no, I'm not being facitious. They've may done tickytacky stuff in the past, but they're not a cheap team by any means) in the past and UMN is one of the big $$$ schools in the WCHA (UW might make more money but it's going to be close). Lucia has a ton of clout because of that.

I really wish there was an alternative universe where Boe was a Gopher and Schack was a Sioux. I wonder what would have happened then.

But hey... anything's really possible. Paukovich got a 1 game suspension by the league that DU added another due to pressure. He wasn't even kicked out of the game he was playing in at the time.

It won't surprise me if all Schack ends up getting is a talking to.

Chris Dilks (WCH Blog) has reason to believe that there will be no supplementary discipline.

It appears as though Schack would have actually had to break Boe's ankle himself in order to get extra penalty.

I'm really wondering if the Gopher "cut and run" style and the clout Lucia has is handcuffing the WCHA.

I mean, they're not "known" for cheap antics (and, no, I'm not being facitious. They've may done tickytacky stuff in the past, but they're not a cheap team by any means) in the past and UMN is one of the big $$$ schools in the WCHA (UW might make more money but it's going to be close). Lucia has a ton of clout because of that.

I really wish there was an alternative universe where Boe was a Gopher and Schack was a Sioux. I wonder what would have happened then.

But hey... anything's really possible. Paukovich got a 1 game suspension by the league that DU added another due to pressure. He wasn't even kicked out of the game he was playing in at the time.

It won't surprise me if all Schack ends up getting is a talking to.

Didn't punkobitch only recieve a 2 minute penalty at the time?

Checkout Goon's blog about the latest whining by Lucia. What ever happened to the "pride on ice":D Ever since the Potulny's and Irmen left, this team has had no heart, no fortitude, and has failed at the end of seasons. (yes, I know we have lost to Boston College 3 years in a row in the Frozen Four) In my opinion, what is happening this year is far worse than the Hirsch incident, Okposo leaving early, and any other missteps in the past few years.

Folks, this gopher ship is sinking, and we all have front row seats! Ain't it great!??

All he said was that alcohol changes the behavior of the fans for the worst which is true. I still don't think it's a major problem that needs to be addressed but to claim he's in panic mode or that the Gopher ship is sinking based on these comments is just delusional wishful thinking by Sioux fans.

Also which is worse? Complaining about arena's serving alcohol or flipping off a ref?

Also which is worse? Complaining about arena's serving alcohol or flipping off a ref?

complaining about things that he can't control, applauding his players dirty on ice tactics because it's the only time a goof has tried to stand up for a teammate, mocking opposing coaches, and making idle threats on your golden channel about encouraging your players dirty behavior because the refs aren't handling it... i would say all worse than one isolated reactionary incident... but keep on drinking the koolaide bucky.

complaining about things that he can't control, applauding his players dirty on ice tactics because it's the only time a goof has tried to stand up for a teammate, mocking opposing coaches, and making idle threats on your golden channel about encouraging your players dirty behavior because the refs aren't handling it... i would say all worse than one isolated reactionary incident... but keep on drinking the koolaide bucky.

When did he mock opposing coaches?

oh, i'm sorry, was he sincere when he was applauding jutting on the bench after the goofs got their second 5 and a game cfb penalty?? excuses are like a$$holes... well you know the rest... but the ones goof nation have been coming up with are quite humorous.

After Stoa got called for the CFB, Lucia was applauding Anderson who was near the face off circle on the same side as the Mavs bench.

oh, i'm sorry, was he sincere when he was applauding jutting on the bench after the goofs got their second 5 and a game cfb penalty?? excuses are like a$$holes... well you know the rest... but the ones goof nation have been coming up with are quite humorous.

You actually thought he was openly mocking Jutting when it was obvious he was mocking Anderson? Wow you really see want you want to see. Unbeleivable.

After Stoa got called for the CFB, Lucia was applauding Anderson who was near the face off circle on the same side as the Mavs bench.

if he was applauding anderson, i don't blame him. wcha officiating has gone from worse to ?? whatever is worse than worse :D but it seems to me that even doug and the rug thought he was directing it towards jutting, watch the clip. either way, it will be interesting to see how the goofs respond the rest of the season. they have talent, so you can't count them out, and had a great goalie (until we frazeed him :D and his d corp leaves him out to dry every game ) but it seems to me you guys have no heart. i would love to watch you guys continue to circle the drain, but it's way too early to count the goofs out.

You actually thought he was openly mocking Jutting when it was obvious he was mocking Anderson? Wow you really see want you want to see. Unbeleivable.

I was watching at home and even Wooger had mentioned he was mocking the Mankato bench, possibly Jutting. But now that you mention it it does make more sense that he was mocking Anderson.

I was watching at home and even Wooger had mentioned he was mocking the Mankato bench, possibly Jutting. But now that you mention it it does make more sense that he was mocking Anderson.

Regardless of who he was mocking, he should not have been mocking anyone in the first place. First, he had no reason to mock as Anderson was calling the game as he saw it. That is the referee's job. Second, Lucia's behavior sets a bad example for his players. Third, he will run the risk of getting his hinder kicked for such behavior. Pitty the school, or the league, has not cracked down on his pettiness already.

Yes, Don lost his composure behind the bench, ala Hakstall last year in The John, and Gwozdecky a few weeks back at The Ralph. Lucia's behavior was just as immature as was theirs, and he, and his fans, should own up to it and apologize for it, rather than try to rationalize it away. Lucia and his boys have become the premiere hacks in the league, and they now try to justify it with some drug-induced hallucination that they must do so becuase of the behavior of others, alcohol in the stands and all??

Maybe Maturi oughta sit Don down for some rest, and give the reins back to the ever capable Kenny Jay, er, I mean, Johnny Hill.

BTW, I think that Anderson is a good referee. There is a reason that he gets most of the barn burning series. His is a thankless glamorless job that he does well far more often than not.

Brent.

I didn't watch the game on TV, I was there but if Woog said that's what it looked like then I can see why nodak hockey fanatic said that. At the game it seemed obvious he was just sarcastically applauding the call by Anderson.