SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers are they out of control?

Riverman

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be willing to bet that Lucia will be getting a call from the league office this week about his pre game comments and but also about his Goons/Hacks. I would love to be a fly on the wall if and when this happens.

I think I'm the only guy in the world that has no problem with Shack. Sure it would have been nice if he would have not gone for the MMA finishing move on him, but something had to be done. Those two teams really seem to hate each other. There was a ton of stuff in that playoff series that has been brewing for quite a while. I'm sure there will be more tonight.

Call us hacks and goons, that's life. I'm sure my feelings will be hurt just like yours are when the Sioux are called names. :D

In my opinion, there would only be 50% of the angst on this board if the majority of gopher fans didn't have their halos screwed on so tight at all times when discussion the Sioux. If you're going to throw out the accusations then you have to take them. I think Schack was over the line but understand what he was trying to do. However, the execution was bush league.

Sioux players have likely done this in the past and will again as well. As will players from every other team. But because the Sioux play a physical/intimidation style they are constantly being accused of being cheap. I challenge anyone to objectively look at this year and say the Sioux are the leading cause of these situations because I honestly believe they are not but fans of other teams continue to point the finger. When the Sioux aren't in the game and these things continue to happen, it's no surprise that Sioux fans are going to be overly loud about calling out the double standard. And I couldn't be happier for it.

If we want to talk about another double standard, it's pretty interesting to read the complaining about the refs over on GPL. I guess Sioux fans were just ahead of the curve, it turns out.

I know a lot of this criticism may not apply to you, Sagard, but that's just how I see it.

And when Gopher fans repeal their double standards of things like "there's no place for this in hockey" and "we only ever respond we never start it", to name just a few, then we're on common ground.

There we go.

Yeah, it's bad. You know they started the year doing what they said they were going to do and called everything. But eventually it just went to the way it's always been. As it's been said, it is going to take someone getting SERIOUSLY injured (another Bina incident for example) for them to change.....and thats a shame. You know I'm sure there have been plenty of people that have e-mailed, called the WCHA and NCAA, they must be aware of it but they just choose to sweep it under the rug and ignore the problem. Papa Shep is always at a game over the weekends as well and must see this......he was probably in Mankato last night with Baby Shep there.

I emailed Greg Sheperd this past week after hearing both Hakstol and Lucia, in person, complain that the standards have been relaxed in this 2nd half. GS insisted the standards have not relaxed, and pointed to the same number of obstruction penalties being called as proof that they haven't changed. I challenged that assumption by saying that players will play to the ceiling of what's being allowed, so it's natural there will always be a similar number of penalties being called regardless of what level the standard is set at. I received no response to this.

No doubt from the pregame Lucia is after his players to stick up for teammates; their way of doing it, cfb's and other various after whistle attacks from behind or when an opponent is down and available to be jumped on. Lucia taunting the Mav bench when they kill the lengthy 5x3. This is one ugly team right now.

I thought Lucia was clapping at Ref Anderson after the second CFB. That's the way he was looking. I could be wrong.

I emailed Greg Sheperd this past week after hearing both Hakstol and Lucia, in person, complain that the standards have been relaxed in this 2nd half. GS insisted the standards have not relaxed, and pointed to the same number of obstruction penalties being called as proof that they haven't changed. I challenged that assumption by saying that players will play to the ceiling of what's being allowed, so it's natural there will always be a similar number of penalties being called regardless of what level the standard is set at. I received no response to this.

I sent him a dissertation tonight it will be interesting to see if he will respond.

I thought I heard the UND AD Faison talking to TH between periods and if I am not mistaken were they talking about the league office and the leadership and the direction the league wants to go. Can the WCHA AD's vote to get rid of the Commish and the head of officials?

I thought I heard the UND AD Faison talking to TH between periods and if I am not mistaken were they talking about the league office and the leadership and the direction the league wants to go. Can the WCHA AD's vote to get rid of the Commish and the head of officials?

During the 1st period intermission, TH mentioned that the Commish is looking to get a new contract. Now normally I'm sure that it would be renewed without much thought but if they really are upset with the officiating and the rubber stamp actions from the top dogs, they could vote not to renew it. We will see if that actually occurs though.

During the 1st period intermission, TH mentioned that the Commish is looking to get a new contract. Now normally I'm sure that it would be renewed without much thought but if they really are upset with the officiating and the rubber stamp actions from the top dogs, they could vote not to renew it. We will see if that actually occurs though.

I think it might be tough for McClown to get resigned. I think there are a lot of programs up set with the officiating.

Hmmm.. Gino and Jeff Sauer still seem to be hanging around the WCHA... :D

No doubt from the pregame Lucia is after his players to stick up for teammates; their way of doing it, cfb's and other various after whistle attacks from behind or when an opponent is down and available to be jumped on. Lucia taunting the Mav bench when they kill the lengthy 5x3. This is one ugly team right now.

That was on the pregame on Saturday's game? Is it anywhere in print?

I think it would be amazing to have a new Commish and then have said Commish hire a retired NHL official or someone from the NHL league office who was in charge of officials (a lot like hiring an assistant head coach to be the new head coach) to run our officials.

In any case, if we get someone who is an administrative type who is very familiar through experience with the NHL in its current format, that would be ideal.

That being said, I think the Commish still gets renewed and Daddy Idiot remains.

I think it would be amazing to have a new Commish and then have said Commish hire a retired NHL official or someone from the NHL league office who was in charge of officials (a lot like hiring an assistant head coach to be the new head coach) to run our officials.

In any case, if we get someone who is an administrative type who is very familiar through experience with the NHL in its current format, that would be ideal.

That being said, I think the Commish still gets renewed and Daddy Idiot remains.

You mean like the EZAC hiring Paul Stewart who was a beloved NHL official? I am all for it.

You wouldn't have any more of this Bravo Sierra.

Any idea why it was removed?

From a conspiracey stand point someone probably emailed the person that put it up and said take it down because of Copy right or something on that

line. It doesn't make Lucia look very good.

The guy (?) Hennesy interviewed from the USHL admin. seemed to have a good head & good insights into how the league should run things - There has to be changes soon - This has been going on for years & is only getting worse - Is it like Parliament & a vote of no confidence is needed ?

The guy (?) Hennesy interviewed from the USHL admin. seemed to have a good head & good insights into how the league should run things - There has to be changes soon - This has been going on for years & is only getting worse - Is it like Parliament & a vote of no confidence is needed ?

I remember this guy or some other guy on with TH last year and he said basically that the USHL didn't want any of the WCHA refs.

Any idea why it was removed?

This incident is going to cause a major problem for the WCHA. All of a sudden you have the dirty aspects of hockey showing overtly on a team that the league has pretended for years to be squeaky clean. Three weeks ago it comes out that the coaching staff sent a player out to "get" a guy at the end of a game. Now the head coach is giving a green light to one of the dirtiest hits we've seen in recent years.

Of course we all know the gophers are a cheap team. They'll hit after the whistle. They'll slash a player and run hide behind the ref.

I remember this guy or some other guy on with TH last year and he said basically that the USHL didn't want any of the WCHA refs.

You bring up a good point. USHL refs are young and good, and typically move up to bigger leagues such as the AHL (and beyond). The WCHA refs aren't going anywhere except to the retirement home when they're done...but it's basically a dead end.