SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers are they out of control?

Riverman

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radke dropped his gloves at the same time!! I am sure it is on Youtube. Plus the guy was a foot taller!!

No problem with defending your teammate. However the fight was over!! Schack needs to think about his actions

the next level is not going to put up with his crap! Ask Eric Westrum......

Good points River man, I wonder if Gopherz knows what would happen to SCH(Hack) if he was ever good enough to make the next level and he

did this? SCH(Hack) would be sitting in Colin Campbells office at a hearing to hear what kind of a suspension he was going to get.

Radke dropped his gloves at the same time!! I am sure it is on Youtube. Plus the guy was a foot taller!!

No problem with defending your teammate. However the fight was over!! Schack needs to think about his actions

the next level is not going to put up with his crap! Ask Eric Westrum......

Things happen. Both Shack and Radke threw some shots that if they would have landed could have led to tragedy. Luckily they didn't.

If the WCHA comes down on Shack, I'm fine with it. If the "U" comes down on him sending the message that all hockey players must act like a princess I'll be very disappointed.

Good points River man, I wonder if Gopherz knows what would happen to SCH(Hack) if he was ever good enough to make the next level and he

did this? SCH(Hack) would be sitting in Colin Campbells office at a hearing to hear what kind of a suspension he was going to get.

He's not at all good enough to go to the next level so why argue that.

We're not questioning your vision, just your judgement. :glare:

All I'm saying is most of you would have different judgement if you would've seen it in person.

That's what happens when you cheap shot a dude, you get taken off on a stretcher.

This quote in no way reflects the feelings of most Minnesota hockey fans.

Come on gopherz. :glare:

I think Brian went a little to far. I do appreciate him defending his teammates.

Not all of you...

The double standard of "tough Sioux hockey" and "standing up for a teammate" when its a Sioux player vs a Gopher player is sad. You change the jersey color and most posts on here are "the Sioux stand up for each other", "We have pride", "Sioux don't back down", "you don't CFB a Sioux player and walk away" Go through your game threads from last year and this year. If you don't like Schacks behavior, call him out. But keep it exclusive of unrelated events. All teams get chippy at times. Obviously, its not a gopher site. However, to sit on your soapbox, throwing stones from your glass houses is ridiculous. Watch some of the 100's of Sioux fighting clips on Youtube and ask yourself...Am I serious? I am not proud of every gopher players actions at all times this year. I will admit when one goes overboard. Schack did to an extent. To lob insults at the gopher program as a whole, as if your favorite team has never succom to emotion and stupidity on the ice, cannot be said with a straight face. Good luck tonight.

I think Brian went a little to far. I do appreciate him defending his teammates.

Not all of you...

The double standard of "tough Sioux hockey" and "standing up for a teammate" when its a Sioux player vs a Gopher player is sad. You change the jersey color and most posts on here are "the Sioux stand up for each other", "We have pride", "Sioux don't back down", "you don't CFB a Sioux player and walk away" Go through your game threads from last year and this year. If you don't like Schacks behavior, call him out. But keep it exclusive of unrelated events. All teams get chippy at times. Obviously, its not a gopher site. However, to sit on your soapbox, throwing stones from your glass houses is ridiculous. Watch some of the 100's of Sioux fighting clips on Youtube and ask yourself...Am I serious? I am not proud of every gopher players actions at all times this year. I will admit when one goes overboard. Schack did to an extent. To lob insults at the gopher program as a whole, as if your favorite team has never succom to emotion and stupidity on the ice, cannot be said with a straight face. Good luck tonight.

Way to blow that out of proportion, just like everyone else. Didn't mean it to sound so assholeish. But the whole double standard is what I've been trying to say all along.

Not all of you...

Well said.

Way to blow that out of proportion, just like everyone else. Didn't mean it to sound so assholeish. But the whole double standard is what I've been trying to say all along.

It is not a double standard. Again keep defending the act but your not comparing Apples to Apples. You're comparing apples to strudel.

Even on GPL I don't see a lot of people defending the acts of SCH(HACK)...

Not all of you...

Thanks for your comments, some of which I agree with.

And when Gopher fans repeal their double standards of things like "there's no place for this in hockey" and "we only ever respond we never start it", to name just a few, then we're on common ground.

Until then, good luck tonight. And I really hope nobody gets hurt; MSU vs MN is a powdeg keg right now.

It is not a double standard. Again keep defending the act but your not comparing Apples to Apples. You're comparing apples to strudel.

Even on GPL I don't see a lot of people defending the acts of SCH(HACK)...

It's a huge double standard. All you guys ever say is things like you don't mess with the Sioux and get away with it, or things like we stand up for our teammates. When a Gopher does it, it's the worst thing ever.

It's a huge double standard. All you guys ever say is things like you don't mess with the Sioux and get away with it, or things like we stand up for our teammates. When a Gopher does it, it's the worst thing ever.

When a goofer does what? When a goofer jumps another player from behind (like Schack did or Lucia last year) it's BS. (Or jumping a player when he's down like Stoa did).

Standing up for a player is a different thing. Too bad you guys don't have any traditions of doing things the right way.

Thanks for your comments, some of which I agree with.

And when Gopher fans repeal their double standards of things like "there's no place for this in hockey" and "we only ever respond we never start it", to name just a few, then we're on common ground.

Until then, good luck tonight. And I really hope nobody gets hurt; MSU vs MN is a powdeg keg right now.

Touche' We can all admit that we see our fellow fans says stuff and think..Just shut up!! As some did when I wrote my message. :glare:

I hope they call the first 10 minutes tight and then we move on to hockey.

Not all of you...

The double standard of "tough Sioux hockey" and "standing up for a teammate" when its a Sioux player vs a Gopher player is sad. You change the jersey color and most posts on here are "the Sioux stand up for each other", "We have pride", "Sioux don't back down", "you don't CFB a Sioux player and walk away"

Just in that example, where has a sioux player retaliated for a CFB. When Robbie Bina was put out for a year we didn't retaliate until a couple players went to the pros. Even in that instance it's different because Matt Greene skated up to him and asked if he was ready.

There is a difference between seeing an act and then challenging them to a fight and doing a Todd Bertuzzi. SCH(Hack) did a Todd Bertuzzi on Boe.

You don't see that happen with our team.

Just in that example, where has a sioux player retaliated for a CFB. When Robbie Bina was put out for a year we didn't retaliate until a couple players went to the pros. Even in that instance it's different because Matt Greene skated up to him and asked if he was ready.
Exactly.Face to face.It's that simple rodent fans.

I remember Prp giving Paukovich numerous opportunites to pay for his act only to see Pauko do a Luica and hide behind the ref.

I didn't read the whole thread but here are some thoughts:

1. This incident is nothing like the Conboy incident (not the Tropp incident that coincided with it) or the Paukovich incident. Why? Because Schack was given a 5 min + DQ. Neither Conboy nor Paukovich were ejected from their respective games.

2. HEY! Anyone want to know the common denominator between the DU crap last weekend and the Schack incident? Todd Anderson. This isn't coincidence anymore. It's a trend.

3. Gopherz - Uh. How do you know it is intent? Boe checked Barriball from behind. True enough and the penalty was called. Did Jutting send Boe out on to the ice to intentionally try to injure Barriball? Did Boe decide to injure Barriball? Or was it simply going for a hard check at the boards and Barriball turned his back at a bad time for Boe and Boe couldn't change course? I don't know. Either way, Boe should have gotten the CFB call, but the respective scrum, though perhaps warranted broke Boe's ankle and another enforcer type has marred another big name program. However, justifying the use of a stretcher during a game for ANY reason on a player of ANY team is INCREDIBLY classless. I can't imagine a single scenario that warrants intentionally sending a guy out on the ice to attempt to injure another player. That simply IS NOT DONE.

Will Schack get a severe punishment? I'd love to say yes, as any action that results in another player's injury and especially an injury that requires a stretcher, should warrant a stiff response from the league but... Schack didn't break Boe's ankle. Who knows which of the myriad of MSUM and/or UMN players rushing into that area managed that. So, I'd say if I were McLeod, I'd suspend Schack for 2 games not including the DQ. So he's done for this weekend and the next series.

4. The real "bad guy" is the officiating crew. They allowed yet another game to get out of their control. However, we can expect no punishment because it's simply not smart to expect the Head Idiot to do anything remotely competent.

I'm sorry for Barriball who almost got injured due to unfortunate circumstances. However, I'm even more sorry for Boe, whose season might well be over because of the ref's lack of control. He breaks his ankle and, while lying there turtling, Schack takes advantage of Boe's unprotected head to beat him senseless.

I just hope Schack is a scratch if/when we play UMN again. I wouldn't want Trupp or someone else injured because of some stupid perception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1LqrLcAIs...feature=related

Was Anderson facing Zajac?

I am not getting into this with you two.

Cheapshot no doubt.That was uncalled for.I remember when it happened and I said to the folks I was with that that shyt does not belong in hockey no matter how much I dislike the rodents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1LqrLcAIs...feature=related

Was Anderson facing Zajac?

I am not getting into this with you two.

Didn't he sit for a few games because of that?

Was Anderson injured because of that? He sat on the ice for a little while but he got up and skated off pretty well for an injured man, didn't he?

Zajac's move wasn't very classy, I admit that. But I'm sorry, Anderson was NOT on the ice. He was NOT about to get ejected anyways. And he didn't leave the ice on a stretcher. He left the ice with his helmet on. And Zajac didn't sit on him flailing away.

Zajac's moves weren't classy. Schack's moves were MUCH worse. Boe could have been knocked unconscious. He could have had a serious head injury. ICE DOESN'T GIVE DUDE. Pounding the back of the head, A REALLY bad place, so much so that it is against the rules in most Martial Arts competitions to hit a person in the back of the head because if the skull fractures and impinges on the brain stem, the dude isn't out cold, he's out DEAD.

We're comparing both classless acts. Both were emotional and both were illegal. However, where severity is concerned, the Schack business was FAR worse. Boe was NOT going to put up a fight. One doesn't fight much when their mind is screaming in pain from an ankle that's messed up!

Didn't he sit for a few games because of that?

Was Anderson injured because of that? He sat on the ice for a little while but he got up and skated off pretty well for an injured man, didn't he?

Zajac's move wasn't very classy, I admit that. But I'm sorry, Anderson was NOT on the ice. He was NOT about to get ejected anyways. And he didn't leave the ice on a stretcher. He left the ice with his helmet on. And Zajac didn't sit on him flailing away.

Zajac's moves weren't classy. Schack's moves were MUCH worse. Boe could have been knocked unconscious. He could have had a serious head injury. ICE DOESN'T GIVE DUDE. Pounding the back of the head, A REALLY bad place, so much so that it is against the rules in most Martial Arts competitions to hit a person in the back of the head because if the skull fractures and impinges on the brain stem, the dude isn't out cold, he's out DEAD.

We're comparing both classless acts. Both were emotional and both were illegal. However, where severity is concerned, the Schack business was FAR worse. Boe was NOT going to put up a fight. One doesn't fight much when their mind is screaming in pain from an ankle that's messed up!

Don't disagree. Anderson did skate off. The stretcher was for the ankle. I wasn't defending Schack or comparing the 2 situations. Comment was on face to face.

We could go round and round. I stand by my original post. Good luck, and Marto get it going again! Fantasy team :glare:

Cheapshot no doubt.That was uncalled for.I remember when it happened and I said to the folks I was with that that shyt does not belong in hockey no matter how much I dislike the rodents.

Comeon to compare the two is stupid. I notice that Carmen and Anderson both threw cheapshots at Oshie.

But he gave him a little shot, not an injury. (But yeah, I'd respect him more if he did it face to face.)

Notice Lucia blindside Zajac.

Comeon to compare the two is stupid. I notice that Carmen and Anderson both threw cheapshots at Oshie.

But he gave him a little shot, not an injury. (But yeah, I'd respect him more if he did it face to face.)

Notice Lucia blindside Zajac.

Just do it face to face,that is all I'm saying.What Shack did was a hell of alot worse than what Zajac did but they were both horseshyt moves.