SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple good games against DU next weekend could do wonders for the PWR too...just like when they swept UMN.

The MacNaughton is up for grabs right now. If the Sioux can do well in their remaining series against CC, UW, and DU, they could certainly take it home.

I agree but we need at least 3 points next weekend. Denver is a good team and I think we will be ready.

One other thing...has anyone noticed how dominant this team is 4x4? How many 4x4 goals have they scored this year? What's their 4x4 +/-?

It's been a while since I've seen a Sioux team that overwhelms quite this well with open ice.

;)

I've noticed that too. It's basically an advantage for the Sioux to play 4 on 4 rather than 5 on 5.

This might seem negative, but...

this is the first time I can remember where I can honestly say I'm impressed with Marto. Usually he's been, at best, solid but unimpressive. He hasn't, to my knowledge, been "awful" but he was supposed to be pretty good offensively. Well, count me impressed.

I agree but we need at least 3 points next weekend. Denver is a good team and I think we will be ready.

(Denver took 4 points from Mich. Tech )Denver swept Michigan Tech last weekend 4-3 in OT and 3-1. Those games were played in Denver too.

this is the first time I can remember where I can honestly say I'm impressed with Marto. Usually he's been, at best, solid but unimpressive. He hasn't, to my knowledge, been "awful" but he was supposed to be pretty good offensively. Well, count me impressed.

He has been good this year...throw out this weekend and he has still been good. He is ahead of Lapoint.

He has been good this year...throw out this weekend and he has still been good. He is ahead of Lapoint.

Lapoint has taken a different role this year by being a more defensive defenseman. So it's not really fair to compare the two offensively. And I don't know that I'd go so far as to say Marto has been good this year because he started out pretty rough. I think YaneA posted last night that he was -9 after the first 14 games. But he's definately been good in the last month or so.

(Denver took 4 points from Mich. Tech )Denver swept Michigan Tech last weekend 4-3 in OT and 3-1. Those games were played in Denver too.

Next weekend is the make-or-break series for the McNaughton, for both teams. There will be a lot riding on each game. Statisticians might predict a split...but heart has a lot to do with hockey. If the Sioux can keep their feet moving and get to the puck first, their chances of taking three or four points go way up. I'd love to see the team come out charged to win like they did against the gaephers. Another fan whiteout wouldn't hurt...or any way to get 11,000 Sioux fans riled up and ready to back their team 100%.

The Sioux have the talent...and I think they are beginning to believe that. Osh is gone, but we have Gregoire and Hextall up front, Big Joe is healthy, and the Sophomore class is starting to turn it on.

Next weekend will be a great weekend in the WCHA...especially at the Ralph.

Go Sioux!! ;)

Marto's hot streak corresponds with the team's. Coincidence?

Yep, there are a lot of factors into why the Sioux are playing better.

-Finley is back

-Found 4 lines that can click

-Sophomores are BRINGIN' it right now...Hak's key from the offseason

Everyone is playing better. We've pooped some away this year, but as long as we can keep winning, I like our chances. We can't give anything away though.

I want SOME sort of banner raised during my time here at UND before I graduate this summer....besides the curling banner last year, the two Sioux tribe flags this year, and the conference tourney banner. I want a regular season banner AND a championship banner.

Lapoint has taken a different role this year by being a more defensive defenseman. So it's not really fair to compare the two offensively. And I don't know that I'd go so far as to say Marto has been good this year because he started out pretty rough. I think YaneA posted last night that he was -9 after the first 14 games. But he's definately been good in the last month or so.

he has but he also has 2 points on the season and his goal he didnt even shoot it. i believe it was one of those fluke goals. he has all the skills to be all around good but is still getting there. he has been better but he is needed to add some nice assists or goals. good weekend for the sioux. o to denver - i have the preview up

Yep, there are a lot of factors into why the Sioux are playing better.

-Finley is back

-Found 4 lines that can click

-Sophomores are BRINGIN' it right now...Hak's key from the offseason

Everyone is playing better. We've pooped some away this year, but as long as we can keep winning, I like our chances. We can't give anything away though.

I want SOME sort of banner raised during my time here at UND before I graduate this summer....besides the curling banner last year, the two Sioux tribe flags this year, and the conference tourney banner. I want a regular season banner AND a championship banner.

You know I agree it has been way too long since the Sioux hung something.

2000 NCAA and what 2004 for WCHA?

Redwing77 I think marto is good be is a puck mover and I think is playing well

even when others were down on him I thought he played ok...

Redwing77 I think marto is good be is a puck mover and I think is playing well

even when others were down on him I thought he played ok...

Yep, I think Marto came at the right time. Chay will still be a senior next year and can still lead us in that department. Marto will only get better and next year we may have 2 dynamic puck rushers. Then make Marto a senior leader in 2 years, much like a Bina.

it is the road cones they have one defense.

Seriously... the last true semi-competant stay at home defenseman the Gophers had was Jake Taylor.

EJ was ok, Peltier was ok too. However, they were beatable at times and were continuously asked to do too much defensively because of breakdowns.

It's almost like the Gopher defense is three things: Goaltending, forechecking, and offense. They are almost nonexistant in their own zone. Just strange.