SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to hear different perspectives about our team.

The Tech announcers are talking about how the Sioux are great at antagonizing other teams. He said "I don't mean that in a bad way". He was complimenting them on how good they are at getting under the skin of the other teams. He also commented how the Sioux are a tough team to play year in and year out and how they don't play cheap or dirty.

Man, hes trying to ruin our reputation :)

that was a must win game and the sioux stepped up. great win. CONGRATS to BE on the shutout. not many shots but 4 big time saves. congrats!!

the sioux are 9-2-1 since the beginning of december. just keep winning and things will take shape pairwise rankings wise and the wcha standings. huge series vs DU next weekend all around. ill have the series preview up later tonight or tomorrow.

GOALS TONIGHT

frattin (duncan)

marto (trupp) (miller)

davidson (malone)

frattin (malone)

marto (lapoint)

The Tech announcers are talking about how the Sioux are great at antagonizing other teams. He said "I don't mean that in a bad way". He was complimenting them on how good they are at getting under the skin of the other teams. He also commented how the Sioux are a tough team to play year in and year out and how they don't play cheap or dirty.

And in the distance you hear Hill yelling BULL****!!!!! :)

Say, I know it is jinxing if you talk shutout before the final horn, but what about if you talk about hoping the other team scores? Kindof like the opposite of talking shutout? Would that be a reverse jinx or would that just simply be another form of jinxing?

Since I'm not superstitious, I wouldn't know.

And on Schlossman's blog, the Walski lover is explaining how Eids' first three games means that he shouldn't have been playing this long.

Now, that's just crazy talk right there. Everybody knows that's not true.

Nice to see the team rally and put together a five pack PLUS a big SO for Eidsness. I'm sure his first of many. "Complete hockey game", says Hak.

That it was.

Two more next weekend! Let's take 4 from Denver at home and see another stick salute!

Go Sioux!!!

Too bad that point put the Goofs ahead of us...but there are plenty of games remaining!

not worried about them but i hear ya. we took care of the only chance we had vs them. du is within reach if we can come out flying friday like we did last weekend. the sioux are in great position i the wcha to make some noise

A couple good games against DU next weekend could do wonders for the PWR too...just like when they swept UMN.

The MacNaughton is up for grabs right now. If the Sioux can do well in their remaining series against CC, UW, and DU, they could certainly take it home.

Hak in the post-game while the bus warms up. Played a complete game tonight. Built off the 1st period lead. Built on the lead, outstanding 2d period. Face-offs were the one area of concern. Filled the shooting lanes so they didn't get decent shots off the faceoffs Tech won. Zajac grinded, G-wire had 5-6 big, strong hits tonight. Dunky won races to puck and jumped on the loose ones. Perfect plays by Frats, who has deceptive speed, is tough to box out. Frats showed a lot of patience on his 2d goal. Davi's goal a bad one from Nolan's perspective, Davi works hard, good to see him rewarded. We capitalized on the PPs we had tonight. Didn't give up much defensively, wasn't a one-way team, played hard in both directions. Critical points, 3 out of 4 is a good showing, we're inching forward in the standings, making progress each week. The win shortens up a 12-hour bus ride, if that is actually possible.

A couple good games against DU next weekend could do wonders for the PWR too...just like when they swept UMN.

The MacNaughton is up for grabs right now. If the Sioux can do well in their remaining series against CC, UW, and DU, they could certainly take it home.

DU knows how to play us and can play the style of game that gives us fits.

It will be a HUGE test next week.

One other thing...has anyone noticed how dominant this team is 4x4? How many 4x4 goals have they scored this year? What's their 4x4 +/-?

It's been a while since I've seen a Sioux team that overwhelms quite this well with open ice.

;)