SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSSN broadcast of the scrum (sorry, webcast quality)

FSN version

FSSN has a few new angles...notably Malone and Lucia, and a different view of Lucia skating away.

As previously mentioned somewhere on this site, at the 10 second mark of this FSSN version you hear Wooger say "Lucia's gotta to go here." Woog might be partially demented, but he still knows what is required in the unwritten rules of hockey. Too bad tDon didn't even teach his son those rules!

At the Sioux Boosters in Fargo yesterday, Dane Jackson mentioned that the Sioux coaches took exception to John Hill questioning Evan Trupp's toughness. I know we need to move on to Tech, but it pisses me off that Tony Lucia cheapshots Trupp and skates away from what he deserved...an ass kicking. Hopefully the Sioux will play the Gophers again before Lucia graduates.

At the Sioux Boosters in Fargo yesterday, Dane Jackson mentioned that the Sioux coaches took exception to John Hill questioning Evan Trupp's toughness. I know we need to move on to Tech, but it pisses me off that Tony Lucia cheapshots Trupp and skates away from what he deserved...an ass kicking. Hopefully the Sioux will play the Gophers again before Lucia graduates.

Lucia is only a junior, there will be 2 series next season with the Gophers and Sioux. I'm pretty sure the Gophers-Sioux series next season at Grand Forks is in October.

Lucia is only a junior, there will be 2 series next season with the Gophers and Sioux. I'm pretty sure the Gophers-Sioux series next season at Grand Forks is in October.

Thanks FIRE HELMET GUY #26...I thought he was a senior. I still hope the Sioux-Gophers meet up this year, either at the WCHA Final Five or somewhere in the NCAA's.

Thanks FIRE HELMET GUY #26...I thought he was a senior. I still hope the Sioux-Gophers meet up this year, either at the WCHA Final Five or somewhere in the NCAA's.

The only problem with this is that IF they meet up again this year, there will be no chance to properly pay Lucia back. Sure, they can hit him hard, etc...but they won't be able to risk taking a penalty or be able to drop the gloves with him. Too much at stake and can't risk putting your team a man down or getting tossed for a game when it comes WCHA Final 5 time and/or NCAA playoffs/Frozen 4!

There's always next year - for some reason I don't see Lucia as a flight risk after this season. :lol:

The only problem with this is that IF they meet up again this year, there will be no chance to properly pay Lucia back. Sure, they can hit him hard, etc...but they won't be able to risk taking a penalty or be able to drop the gloves with him. Too much at stake and can't risk putting your team a man down or getting tossed for a game when it comes WCHA Final 5 time and/or NCAA playoffs/Frozen 4!

I have but one word for you:

Ben Blood

Mr. Siouxmama and I were just talking about last weekends series. Neither one of us can recall a weekend like this with 12 goals for the Sioux, and only 4 for MN. Has there been any other lopsided weekends in the past for the Sioux/Gopher matchup?

This past weekend should be an instant classic. :lol:

I am going to keep the games on my DVR until I can get one of those DVD taping machines Bob and AZ have.

:D

Mr. Siouxmama and I were just talking about last weekends series. Neither one of us can recall a weekend like this with 12 goals for the Sioux, and only 4 for MN. Has there been any other lopsided weekends in the past for the Sioux/Gopher matchup?

It's the first time since 1968 that the Sioux beat the Gophers by 3 goals both nights of a series. 1st time ever in G.F.