SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Hill did was fire up the Sioux for the next game between the two programs.

Hill really went past reason with his staement last night. Does anyone have the link. I would post it but I have no computer ability to get it off TIVO and create an MPEG.

I just know that Mr. Hill sucks as a coach and owes everything in his meager pathetic hockey life to Mr. Lucia's beneficence. HiS record of 0-2 when coaching #3 ranked teams versus unranked teams says it all.

I hope so even though most of the folks in metropolitan minny don't think that this is a #1 rivalry - at least that is what they say in an attempt to ridicule North Dakota folks who believe it is.

Well they may be rigth. They need to give UND a lot better game in order to be considered the Sioux's rival. :D

I hope so even though most of the folks in metropolitan minny don't think that this is a #1 rivalry - at least that is what they say in an attempt to ridicule North Dakota folks who believe it is.

If I may - I imagine that many teams have the university of minny mystery as their #1 rival as well though - everybody loves to hate the "New York Yankees of NCAA hockey" due to all the advantages they have but refuse to acknowledge of course.

Hill really went past reason with his staement last night. Does anyone have the link. I would post it but I have no computer ability to get it off TIVO and create an MPEG.

Shameless plug -- if this is what you're looking for, the part where he is talking about the Jones scrum is linked on the videos page (along with the goals and scrums).

I just know that Mr. Hill sucks as a coach and owes everything in his meager pathetic hockey life to Mr. Lucia's beneficence. HiS record of 0-2 when coaching #3 ranked teams versus unranked teams says it all.

It thought it was funny for the Rug and Wooger to segway right into this about how the two coaches said nothing to each other not even an acknowledgement. Ice cold and then to have Hill ranting and raving about this series lacking sportsmanship. What the hell is that?

Does his players take no ownership for there actions? I guess this what they mean by the pompus holier than though attitude?

Takes two to tango.

Anyway notice the lack of posts from Gopherz. You can't get rid of her most weekends. In case she is reading and since she is into expressing everything as a percentage let's just say we witnessed 100% suckage from the Gophers.

I thought Gopherz didn't live in Grand Forks and was travelling to the games this weekend? That might explain things.

And Gopherz has a long way to go before he/she (whatever) becomes truly a troll.

I find more objectionable behavior by Sioux fans in these threads than by her leading up to the series.

We also have the one hater hanging on for dear life floating around here...

I think Gregoire has a good shot at being offensive potw or at least rookie potw this week.

So does Eids.

Gregoire and Lasch each had 4 points on the weekend. I don't think any other player in the WCHA had that kind of a weekend as far as I know. A few got close, like Fontaine of UMD and I think Wiercioch of DU (all assists tho).

No goaltender gave up less than 4 goals over the weekend for the WCHA.

That being said, I'm sure it could be anything.

One thing that really stood out all weekend was how many blocked shots we had. They haven't put themselves in front of pucks all season like they did this weekend. I really hope they continue to put that effort into their defense. It will really pay dividends down the stretch.

In the Frozen Four last year, how many of Genoway's blocked shots from the point resulted in odd-man rushes for BC, leading towards more comments against Finley's play. Finley got blamed for Genoway's forced shots. I wish people would watch the whole play. Even the first month and a half of the season Genoway continued to do that. He's since looked for better oppurtunities, resulting in better scoring chances for both him and other teammates.

It's little things like that that really add up. Throw in some hustle and you got yourself a good ol' fashioned Gopher ass-whoopin!

One thing that really stood out all weekend was how many blocked shots we had. They haven't put themselves in front of pucks all season like they did this weekend. I really hope they continue to put that effort into their defense. It will really pay dividends down the stretch.

In the Frozen Four last year, how many of Genoway's blocked shots from the point resulted in odd-man rushes for BC, leading towards more comments against Finley's play. Finley got blamed for Genoway's forced shots. I wish people would watch the whole play. Even the first month and a half of the season Genoway continued to do that. He's since looked for better oppurtunities, resulting in better scoring chances for both him and other teammates.

Because Genoway is well liked, Finley is over 6'3" tall and a first round pick.... and he doesnt play like Smaby or Greene or Commodore.

Since Genoway is better liked, he's given more of a pass. Finley isn't. I could go on.....

Thought you'd know that by now. :D

Because Genoway is well liked, Finley is over 6'3" tall and a first round pick.... and he doesnt play like Smaby or Greene or Commodore.

Since Genoway is better liked, he's given more of a pass. Finley isn't. I could go on.....

Thought you'd know that by now. :angry:

Yeah, you'd think I'd figure it out... :D

Big Joe is the man, even though he's made mistakes in the past...but, what player hasn't?

It really bothers me that Sioux fans really dislike Sioux players. Why do people hate our guys so much....Maybe that's another thing I'll never get.

It's little things like that that really add up. Throw in some hustle and you got yourself a good ol' fashioned Gopher ass-whoopin!

That was one of the big things I noticed Saturday especially...... my head was hung low and shaking angrily most of the game Friday to notice. :D I mentioned to my buddy that the Gophers had no good quality shots getting to the net much on Saturday night.

I thought Gopherz didn't live in Grand Forks and was travelling to the games this weekend? That might explain things.

And Gopherz has a long way to go before he/she (whatever) becomes truly a troll.

That'd be a he. Shame on you you all think I'm a troll and trying to avoid you :D I was traveling and decided to stay the night in Grand Forks both nights without bringing my computer.

That being said, congratulations to you fans and your team, and all I can really say is WOW. You guys looked great and we looked terrible, put those 2 things together and you get the two slaughters that we saw. You guys will be just fine the rest of the year. I hadn't seen a ton of games prior to this but the Sioux are going to be a force to reckon with the rest of the year (don't know if I can say the same about our squad) Don't know if I met any of you indirectly, but you'd know if you met me I think. For all of you who were polite and decent fans, thank you for your hospitality.

Great series for you guys and I had fun even though we got absolutely smoked. No excuses from me, the Sioux were far and away the better team and I hope we can meet up again later in the year.

That'd be a he. Shame on you you all think I'm a troll and trying to avoid you :D I was traveling and decided to stay the night in Grand Forks both nights without bringing my computer.

That being said, congratulations to you fans and your team, and all I can really say is WOW. You guys looked great and we looked terrible, put those 2 things together and you get the two slaughters that we saw. You guys will be just fine the rest of the year. I hadn't seen a ton of games prior to this but the Sioux are going to be a force to reckon with the rest of the year (don't know if I can say the same about our squad) Don't know if I met any of you indirectly, but you'd know if you met me I think. For all of you who were polite and decent fans, thank you for your hospitality.

Great series for you guys and I had fun even though we got absolutely smoked. No excuses from me, the Sioux were far and away the better team and I hope we can meet up again later in the year.

Good or bad remainder of the season, you can still count on something:

At least the Gophers will end the season better respected than the Timberwolves and more than likely the Wild. They already have done better than the Vikings and it's not even playoff time...

Heck, when all is said and done, the Gopher hockey program will still be the only winning big time program in the state this year.

Despite the fact that I hate basketball, here's hoping the T-wolves only win something like 20% of their remaining games. Then they'd fire McHale and the road to recovery will begin for that program.

Good or bad remainder of the season, you can still count on something:

At least the Gophers will end the season better respected than the Timberwolves and more than likely the Wild. They already have done better than the Vikings and it's not even playoff time...

Heck, when all is said and done, the Gopher hockey program will still be the only winning big time program in the state this year.

Despite the fact that I hate basketball, here's hoping the T-wolves only win something like 20% of their remaining games. Then they'd fire McHale and the road to recovery will begin for that program.

I'm a huge Gopher Basketball fan more than any other Gopher sport so that's given me something good to look at :D 15-1 baby!

Twolves are on a 5 game win streak, much better than the Gophers hockey right now :angry:

Lucia's spear was bush league, no doubt. But Jones didn't have to go and try to one-up him with conduct that was far more bush league than the spear. I hope that Coach Hakstol has a long talk with Zach and makes it very clear to him that here at the University of North Dakota we expect our student athletes to display better sportsmanship than that. I was extremely disappointed in Zach's ridiculous antics in the 3rd period of Saturday's game. It was the only blemish on an otherwise great weekend for the Sioux.

Yawn, boring. :angry::D Let me guess UND had this stuff coming to them?