World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-0 usa so far mid game. kristo with his first goal

usa vs canada tomorrow 730 est time

how the hell does kazatsan in this tourney? what a joke. they avent scored a goal and have given up 22 so far to canada (15) and make it 8 now from usa.

how the hell does kazatsan in this tourney? what a joke. they avent scored a goal and have given up 22 so far to canada (15) and make it 8 now from usa.

they were talking about that on xm home ice this morning... a couple seemed to think there were a couple too many teams in the tourney, but why limit that, let some of the other countries develop their programs. what they need to do is address the goal differential as a tie breaker so teams like kazikstan get the score ran up on them every game... that being said, kazikstan is horrible.

I like the Canadian fans booing the U.S. after they get their 12th goal of the game. They must have short memories of the 15 spot their precious boys put on the Kazaks a few days ago. Also it was a very classy gesture to boo Cade Fairchild while getting his player of the game award.. :sad:

I like the Canadian fans booing the U.S. after they get their 12th goal of the game. They must have short memories of the 15 spot their precious boys put on the Kazaks a few days ago. Also it was a very classy gesture to boo Cade Fairchild while getting his player of the game award.. :sad:

yeah what a joke as they dropped 15 on them. funny stuff, oh well. should be a hell of a game tomorrow. hope usa is ready to go as im sure tavares and company will be

How did Cade play? (obviously well to an extent but any analysis/stats appreciated, I know he hasn't played well in a few games)

How did Cade play? (obviously well to an extent but any analysis/stats appreciated, I know he hasn't played well in a few games)

Cade had a great game. Completely controlled the ice every shift he played. He wasn't the only U.S defenseman to have a great game, but was definitely deserving of getting the player of the game award. I don't think casual hockey fans can truly appreciate what it means to hold a team to 10 shots in a sixty minute international hockey game. Thats a tough thing to do, no matter who you're playing (well, I guess if its like Japan.... :sad: .)

Kristo played well for the U.S. as well. I thought he added some jump to the lineup and created a couple of great chances.

Cade had a great game. Completely controlled the ice every shift he played. He wasn't the only U.S defenseman to have a great game, but was definitely deserving of getting the player of the game award. I don't think casual hockey fans can truly appreciate what it means to hold a team to 10 shots in a sixty minute international hockey game. Thats a tough thing to do, no matter who you're playing (well, I guess if its like Japan.... :sad: .)

Kristo played well for the U.S. as well. I thought he added some jump to the lineup and created a couple of great chances.

kazatstan is a joke. there is no way they should be in this tourney at all. these games do nothing for usa or canada but pad stats.

I am having a very hard time deciding if I want Canada or the US to win. I`m currently in Canada, and obviously everyone here is cheering for them and I feel it would be stupid to cheer against any Canadian team while I`m here. But I also have pride in my team, too, so it`s very confusing lol

Anyone have any thoughts on scores?

I am having a very hard time deciding if I want Canada or the US to win. I`m currently in Canada, and obviously everyone here is cheering for them and I feel it would be stupid to cheer against any Canadian team while I`m here. But I also have pride in my team, too, so it`s very confusing lol

usa-flag.gif

Where are you from? USA?

If so, why is it even a question who you cheer for? You cheer from where you are from, the United States.

Where are you from? USA?

If so, why is it even a question who you cheer for? You cheer from where you are from, the United States.

Obviously he must be from Winnipeg...go USA!! I would love to see those sarcastic Canuck fans take one on the lip. This is a good US team....but Canada is a different animal. The US must have good goaltending and the US must score on the PP.

how the hell does kazatsan in this tourney? what a joke. they avent scored a goal ...

HEY! Be nice to Team Kaz.

They struggled through that qualifying tournament but earned the bid fair and square by getting past Ecuador (and their balanced attack) in the quarters, squeeking by a scrappy Hispanola (Haiti and Dominican Republic) team in the semis, and surviving a slugfest with Barbados in the qualifier game. And don't forget Barbados was coming off that big win over pre-tournament favorite Cambodia, so Team Borat had no easy path.

The Kaz just ran into hot Canadian and US goaltending. That explains their offensive (or is it offensive) production. You should know that.

:sad:

I agree that Kazakhstan has a ways to go, but I don't think its a bad thing for them to be in the tournament. They'll go through relegation and be back who knows when.

Like someone mentioned I just can't believe that Belarus and Switzerland aren't in the tournament. I mean Belarus beat the U.S. in Grand Forks, and Switzerland wasn't a walkover by any means with some of the big kids that they have.

As for predictions for tonight:

Pierre Mcquire (sp) said it best the other day, a lot depends on the officiating. If it gets into a special teams war I think the Canadians win 5-1. If the officials let them play hockey and don't let the crowd influence their decision making I think the Canadians win 3-2.

Prove me wrong USA!!!! :sad:

I would love to see the US beat the Canadians tonight, but they would have to play a great game in order for that to happen.

Canada has an excellent PP...Tavares seems to just camp himself to the left of the goalie, and they are good at feeding him the puck for the easy goal. If the US can limit the Tavares line as much as possible, and get some production from their top line with Wilson/JVR/Schroeder, they might be able to pull it out.

I would love to see that Canadian crowd silenced... :sad:

I would love to see the US beat the Canadians tonight, but they would have to play a great game in order for that to happen.

Canada has an excellent PP...Tavares seems to just camp himself to the left of the goalie, and they are good at feeding him the puck for the easy goal. If the US can limit the Tavares line as much as possible, and get some production from their top line with Wilson/JVR/Schroeder, they might be able to pull it out.

I would love to see that Canadian crowd silenced... :huh:

Anything is possible. However, you are correct in that the U.S. will have to play error free hockey in order to contend with Canada. This is a strong Canadian team playing on home ice, with a home crowd behind them. If the U.S. can find a way to beat Team Canada, I'll be ecstatic to say the least. However, if they don't, I'll be mad as hell like I am every year!! :lol: