SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

I've been lucky enough to watch all USA and Canada games so far. (thank you NHL network) Man, it is going to be very hard for the US to beat Canada tonight. The skill level, IMO, is much greater on the Canadian team. Add the home crowd, and it is a tough game for the good guys tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but I predict a 6-3 or 6-4 game for the Canadians. Tavares is very very good.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lucky enough to watch all USA and Canada games so far. (thank you NHL network) Man, it is going to be very hard for the US to beat Canada tonight. The skill level, IMO, is much greater on the Canadian team. Add the home crowd, and it is a tough game for the good guys tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but I predict a 6-3 or 6-4 game for the Canadians. Tavares is very very good.

I agree. Canada "might" lose one game this tourney, I'm almost preferring it be in the medal round vs. tonight. Both teams are good up front, but Canada seems way better at the blueline.

canada gets usa tonight 4-3 i will guess but they will meet for the gold as well and make for a epic game like the last time usa won the damn thing with parise/murray/stafford

schroeder,jvr and wilson will have to match the tavares line if we have a chance. our d has been very solid so hope they can keep it up. go USA

Miracle-movie-05.jpg

Obviously he must be from Winnipeg...go USA!! I would love to see those sarcastic Canuck fans take one on the lip. This is a good US team....but Canada is a different animal. The US must have good goaltending and the US must score on the PP.

Actually, I`m not from Winnipeg, I`m from Fargo. My boyfriend is from Quebec though, which is where I am right now. Should be a good game for the rivalry :lol:

Okay, living in the south sucks sometimes. No NHL Network unless you have a dish. I'm at the inlaws house, so I finally swindled a computer to get the game on live, rather than bouncing around sites on my phone, which was taking forever. Can't believe US blew their 3-0 lead in a matter of minutes. Just when I get excited! I should know better!

Wow. I've watched parts of the previous three Canada games and was very impressed. After one period of this game I have lost all respect for this Canada team. The cheap and dangerous tactics of the Canadian players are a disgrace to the game of hockey. The late hits well after the whistle, the sucker punch at the bench, the checking from behind, and the shot to the back of the head after the whistle late in the period are just too much. The refs had better step in and control this thing or it will be a free-for-all. The checking from behind incident could have crippled him for life, and he gets a lousy two minutes. The sucker punch didn't even draw a penalty.

I love physical hockey, but this Canada team and its tactics are crap.