SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is pat kane, although i think schroeder has some work to do to get to that level, i don't doubt he will be an impact player in the nhl in the next few years. i wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for his soph season.

Yep. It is still more likely that a top ten pick will return for a second year of college hockey.

Kessel, EJ, Suter, Turris -- Gone after one.

Wheeler, Montoya, Skille, Lee, Toews, JJ, Okposo (kind of), Van Reimsdak, Wilson, Whitney, Ballard --- Returned.

It's hard to say what Schroeder will do because I doubt he knows at this point. He has always moved up his level of competition as quickly as possible, so I'm guessing he would leave given the right contract and a legit shot at 50+ NHL games next year.

Yep. It is still more likely that a top ten pick will return for a second year of college hockey.

Kessel, EJ, Suter, Turris -- Gone after one.

Wheeler, Montoya, Skille, Lee, Toews, JJ, Okposo (kind of), Van Reimsdak, Wilson, Whitney, Ballard --- Returned.

It's hard to say what Schroeder will do because I doubt he knows at this point. He has always moved up his level of competition as quickly as possible, so I'm guessing he would leave given the right contract and a legit shot at 50+ NHL games next year.

turris has struggled because of his size this year with phx. the ONLY reason we were fortunate enough to watch jonny toews for 2 years is that he came in at 17 from shattuck. if he comes in at standard age we watch him for 1 season and he is gone lie EJ so he is way different than others mentioned who were 1 and done or 2 and done. throw him in with the 1 and dones if he comes in at normal age. schroeder is very good. if hes a top 5 he is gone. its just how it works. hes has all the tools but size but any nhl team can fix that if they choose. go usa but i think canada will provide a big bump in the road.

We still don't know the most important factor of all. Which team is going to draft him. Some teams have a tendancy to rush development and some are short of talented forwards. At least wait until after the draft to have this debate. I would be very nervous about the Islanders having an early pick if I were you.

He came in a year early like Toews did. He'll be back for another season.

i bet he comes back but if he is a top 5 and that team wants him NOW then you never know. hope he keeps it up for USA as of now then lucia can blame travel and the WJT when he struggles at the ralph ???:sad:

i bet he comes back but if he is a top 5 and that team wants him NOW then you never know. hope he keeps it up for USA as of now then lucia can blame travel and the WJT when he struggles at the ralph ???:sad:

IF he struggles at the Ralph we'll blame it on the refs and the opponents clutching and grabbing. ???

Toews came in a year early, and he stayed 2. Kessel came in a year early, and he left after 1. I'm not sure you an predict future departures on what past players did.

Scroeder has tried to move onto the next level as fast as possible every year. It obviously depends on who drafts him and what they want to do, but even though he is small, he's still a lot more solid than Turris is, and should have more immediate success like Kane. I'm sure Schroeder doesn't even know, since he has no idea what advice the team that takes him is going to give, but for now, I'll say he goes after this season.

Toews came in a year early, and he stayed 2. Kessel came in a year early, and he left after 1. I'm not sure you an predict future departures on what past players did.

Scroeder has tried to move onto the next level as fast as possible every year. It obviously depends on who drafts him and what they want to do, but even though he is small, he's still a lot more solid than Turris is, and should have more immediate success like Kane. I'm sure Schroeder doesn't even know, since he has no idea what advice the team that takes him is going to give, but for now, I'll say he goes after this season.

Schroeder didn't have the hype Turris did and already think Schroeder is better than Turris... or at least much further along despite the fact he's younger.

I guess what really hurts Turris imo is not knowing exactly how good he really is. UW isn't the best place to show off offensive skills.

I don't think Schroeder will cool down all that much after the WJC other than the few series immediately following his return.

He's clearly a superb hockey player and one I'm sure will drive Sioux fans nuts.

I guess what really hurts Turris imo is not knowing exactly how good he really is. UW isn't the best place to show off offensive skills.

Unless you mean that he didn't have any players to take the pressure off him so he was getting the other teams sole focus the whole game, I disagree with you.

This is not the thread to debate Wisconsins offense, but your thoughts are clearly ignorant and out-dated.

Unless you mean that he didn't have any players to take the pressure off him so he was getting the other teams sole focus the whole game, I disagree with you.

This is not the thread to debate Wisconsins offense, but your thoughts are clearly ignorant and out-dated.

turris hasnt turned out to be even close to what he was projected this year in phx which has been a bummer out here. he cleary wasnt ready for the jump and i think the main reason is because of his size. he really needs to get bigger and then i think he will turn into a nice player. you better be pat kane skilled to be that small. hope e picks it up out here. i think schroeder may stay but like stated before it all depends on who picks him and their current needs.

i think toews is in his own class when it will be all said and done. kessel is having a hell of a year as well. i didnt realize he came in early.

We still don't know the most important factor of all. Which team is going to draft. Some teams have a tendancy to rush development and some are short of talented forwards. At least wait until after the draft to have this debate. I would be very nervous about the Islanders having an early pick if I were you.

Ah yes Garth Snow, I could see them picking another number one pick from the Gophers.

I don't think Schroeder will cool down all that much after the WJC other than the few series immediately following his return.

He's clearly a superb hockey player and one I'm sure will drive Sioux fans nuts.

We can only hope :sad:

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps this hot streak going though, especially with the Stoa/Schroeder/Barriball line back.

We can only hope :sad:

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps this hot streak going though, especially with the Stoa/Schroeder/Barriball line back.

nah , just ask the lucia pet. he will be jet lagged from the long flight from ontario to the cities along with the others ??????

nah , just ask the lucia pet. he will be jet lagged from the long flight from ontario to the cities along with the others :sad:???

Hahaha. I'm not as worried about the Sioux series this year as I was in past series. Sioux people seem to be dumping tickets to Gopher fans at a pretty steady rate, which is awesome. Mariucci North here we come ???

Hahaha. I'm not as worried about the Sioux series this year as I was in past series. Sioux people seem to be dumping tickets to Gopher fans at a pretty steady rate, which is awesome. Mariucci North here we come ???

please with mariucci north. thats halarious. mariucci is always flooded with sioux fans being many live there and how many travel as sioux fans. anyone can get tickets to any game in any sporting event anytime. if you have money, theres always a ticket :sad: you seem to be very confident in a gopher sweep it seems like the sioux have done to the gophers very recentley. throw out records as we all know they are always battles

please with mariucci north. thats halarious. mariucci is always flooded with sioux fans being many live there and how many travel as sioux fans. anyone can get tickets to any game in any sporting event anytime. if you have money, theres always a ticket ??? you seem to be very confident in a gopher sweep it seems like the sioux have done to the gophers very recentley. throw out records as we all know they are always battles

I know it will be a battle and you can usually throw out the records, but it seems a lot different this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sioux come out strong and split maybe get 3 points since its in your own barn, but they could also continue this self-destruction. From what I've garnered through reading the posts about the games in Detroit, if they play like that again its going to be U-G-L-Y. The Gophers are finally healthy and I expect them to roll like they did early in the season, but I'm a homer ???

Besides, if we lose, we obviously:

a) got screwed by the refs

b) are still tired from the WJT

Duh :sad:

I know it will be a battle and you can usually throw out the records, but it seems a lot different this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sioux come out strong and split maybe get 3 points since its in your own barn, but they could also continue this self-destruction. From what I've garnered through reading the posts about the games in Detroit, if they play like that again its going to be U-G-L-Y. The Gophers are finally healthy and I expect them to roll like they did early in the season, but I'm a homer ???

Besides, if we lose, we obviously:

a) got screwed by the refs

b) are still tired from the WJT

Duh :sad:

???

yeah since hak has been coach hes 9-6-1 vs lucia. very close record as expected

:sad:

yeah since hak has been coach hes 8-6-1 vs lucia. very close record as expected

Since Hak has been the coach, the Sioux have been a better team, but its been closer than this year I think. Obviously anything can happen, and it might just be the Gopher fan in me but I expect a sweep and would be not happy with anything less than 3 points, whereas last year I was ecstatic to get 2.

Since Hak has been the coach, the Sioux have been a better team, but its been closer than this year I think. Obviously anything can happen, and it might just be the Gopher fan in me but I expect a sweep and would be not happy with anything less than 3 points, whereas last year I was ecstatic to get 2.

any road wcha series 2 points is the goal unless you win friday :sad: then you get greedy. any fan would be happy with 2 points at the ralph vs the sioux like any other tough road series. i also missed a win so hak is 9-6-1 vs lucia, not 8-6-1

any road wcha series 2 points is the goal unless you win friday :sad: then you get greedy. any fan would be happy with 2 points at the ralph vs the sioux like any other tough road series. i also missed a win so hak is 9-6-1 vs lucia, not 8-6-1

I'd be willing to bet that hak has a betetr record at mariucci than at the ralph vs the gophs.