SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the game tonight wasn't pretty, I don't think its any reason to panic. First, its early and it was obvious that UND lacked any significant chemistry. That will come in time. Second, BU is going to be an elite team this year, they will have a better record than BU, especially if their goalies keeps playing like he did tonight. Lastly, BU plays a similar style to BC and no offense to Hak, but he just doesn't seem to have the answer for a fast team that plays a physical trap style..... maybe before the year is out he will figure out how to defeat it.

On the positive side (sort of) I thought the 4th line was the best line tonight, which is an indication on how well rounded this team will be by the end of the year. Just give them some time.......

So I can count on you and your attitude not being on here tomorrow night? :cool:

Yippee.

If you are a happy fan tonight, and one that can't bring themselves to criticize a performance, then I would invite YOU to leave the Sioux family. We expect more.

It was only the first game, but this is supposed to be a veteran team. The problem as I see it, is that pretty much none of the veterans (i.e. Kozek and Duncan) have proven that they can score when not on a line with Oshie or Toews. Evan Trupp might be the one exception. I think Gregoire will eventually develop into a consistent scorer and who knows about David Toews, but they aren't there yet. This game sure reinforced the position of those that predicted scoring would be thin this year. With the exception of goal #5, Eidsness didn't look that bad. Blood made a very nice play towards the end jumping up into the play. Marto had a game I'm sure he would like to forget.

At least they laid this turd on the road. Hopefully, they are playing better when they open up at home against Wisconsin.

Just watched the game and time will obviously tell. What I found a little disheartening was that there wasn't much "fight" in the Sioux. It looked like when they needed to dig deep and come out swinging, they skated with apathy. Not sure what the coach does to fire up his team - but tomorrow will tell whether or not he can do it. I am not talking about beating UMass - just skating the entire game! As someone noted, the BU announcers were extremely complimentary and continued to note that BU best be careful as the Sioux should never be counted out - someone should have told that to our boys! I am confident that we have what it takes - lets hope our coach can light their fire.

Wow, one game.

Nope, no one has to be happy with the performance, but let's not forget last year winning huge over Michigan State. We all thought we would go undefeated to the National Title. Look what happened.

Let's see how it plays out before we lay charges of "no heart", etc.

You don't pull the goalie when he's not getting any help in front of him.

From what I heard on the radio it sounded like Brad E. made some great saves and the two that were in the second period were

bang, bang plays. It sounded like the Defense left him high and dry tonight night.

From what I heard on the radio it sounded like Brad E. made some great saves and the two that were in the second period were

bang, bang plays. It sounded like the Defense left him high and dry tonight night.

different goalie, but doesn't look like anything has changed from our last performance in Denver. once again we looked awfully slow-not good. hak said he had a hard time filling out his preseason coaches poll and everytime he put a team down to finish 7 or 8 he changed it saying no way could that team finish there. well, if this type of performance continues it won't be hard to see us finishing there. :cool:

Well I was at work and even brought my mini-radio with me to listen to the game. Instead of hearing the Fighting Sioux game it was instead a radio broadcast of Velva High School football so I wasn't able to listen to the game.

Now it seems that maybe it was good that I didn't or I'd be angry as everyone(who did listen) about how the Sioux played tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to listen tomorrow and that the Sioux put on a good performance. It'd be great to not leave Massachusetts with a 0-2-0 record.

That is accurate. The defense, other than Genoway, looked slow and indecisive and had trouble making any passes in transition.

That is accurate. The defense, other than Genoway, looked slow and indecisive and had trouble making any passes in transition.

On the post game it was said that Blood played well on the blueline, but the other 5 d-men played horrible. I'm remembering why I hate listening on the radio. I can't make my own observations!

I don't give a crap what time of the year it is - BU has had exactly the same amount of time as we have had to prepare. Although one game doesn't make a season, how many underacheiving starts are we in for? If this continues, it will be the 5th in a row. We have better talent than this.

I don't give a crap what time of the year it is - BU has had exactly the same amount of time as we have had to prepare. Although one game doesn't make a season, how many underacheiving starts are we in for? If this continues, it will be the 5th in a row. We have better talent than this.

you can't compare starts. we went 3-0 to start last season. decent start, and then we started crumbling before climbing back up. One game is not going to make or break the season.

BU was definitely the better team tonight. To put it in perspective, however, they were building up last year and were pegged as many as one of the teams to watch this year. Wilson was the #7 pick in the draft, and according to pro analysts had a legit shot at making his pro club had he decided to turn. Not saying he is Jonathan Toews, but he might not be that far off.

Agree with the observation of little chemistry. If I'm not mistaken, noone for the Sioux who skated together last year for any significant period of time was skating together tonight with the exception of Duncan and Miller (who hapened to be on the ice for our lone goal).

One of the same problems I saw last year was evident tonight and that is the high breakout. We continue to try and hit homerun passes instead of short passes up the ice to arrive at the red line with numbers, speed, and the puck. When a dman hits the lead forward 80 feet up the rink, that forward is basically alone and needs to beat two guys to get a clean shot. We need to be more patient.

Ineptness on the pp is expected in the first game of the season when Oshie and Chorney are both no longer in green and white.

B C lost to Michigan in the first game of the icebreaker last year!

It's going to be an interesting year. Hak always says each team has a different personality and this years team might be a 2008 version of "The 3 Faces of Eades!*" - get it? :):cool:

* - This is a joke referring to the classic multiple personality movie "The 3 Faces of EVE" that some of the younger posters on SS might have missed and misconstrued as an insult although it was PURELY intended as a joke to the age group that would get it. - PLEASE REPLY if you got it!