SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BU

AZSIOUX

Pretty pathetic effort...although it is not time to panic. I just have real worries about the goaltending this year. On the subject of Finley maybe there is a reason the Caps did not care to sign him in the offseason. He was horrible against BC and sucked again tonight.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke earlier about my being a bit disheartened by the effort last evening. Perhaps that was post game frustration, the fact is that we have a young team. By all accounts they are a great group of young men and realistically - if we want to look at last year - we may have peaked to early. Yes, BU was in the same boat and they proved that they were able to put it together. However, I would like to believe that BU will be the reason that BC stays home this year! It will be a long season; one filled with occasional frustration. Perhaps we will need to take resolve in watching (and cheering) as a young team comes together. We have the proverbial 100 lbs of clay - whether or not they can be molded into a winner will be the question.

I spoke earlier about my being a bit disheartened by the effort last evening. Perhaps that was post game frustration, the fact is that we have a young team. By all accounts they are a great group of young men and realistically - if we want to look at last year - we may have peaked to early. Yes, BU was in the same boat and they proved that they were able to put it together. However, I would like to believe that BU will be the reason that BC stays home this year! It will be a long season; one filled with occasional frustration. Perhaps we will need to take resolve in watching (and cheering) as a young team comes together. We have the proverbial 100 lbs of clay - whether or not they can be molded into a winner will be the question.

I hope UND doesn't try to fall back on the "we are young" argument. Relatively speaking, UND is not that young. On Def. you got seniors Finley, Jones, junior Genoway, and two sophmores that played quite a bit as Freshman. Forwards you got Seniors Watkins, Duncan, Kozek, Miller, and Martens. True there are plenty of Freshman, but the way college hockey is, premier teams could use the "young" argument every year.

OH Man i couldnt believe it when my old roommate told me we were losing 5-1 to.....BU! I thought he was playing a trick on me....until I got home. Ouch. Well, what can you expect with the 3 goalies we have. Part of me thinks it is nerves. But we shall see.

GO SIOUX!!

OH Man i couldnt believe it when my old roommate told me we were losing 5-1 to.....BU! I thought he was playing a trick on me....until I got home. Ouch. Well, what can you expect with the 3 goalies we have. Part of me thinks it is nerves. But we shall see.

GO SIOUX!!

I don't think this loss had much to do with the goalie.

I don't think this loss had much to do with the goalie.

Agreed, this loss cannot be pinned on the goalie. We were only able to score 1 goal (which tends to happen when you have a span of 20 minutes where you only have 3 shots on goal) and our defensemen, for a majority of the night, looked like orange pylons. We had a tough time breaking the puck out of our zone, and our passing was far from accurate. Here's hoping some of it was nerves (??) and we come out flying tonight. I am not jumping ship, nor ripping on the guys. Bad games happen to good teams, here's hoping our string of bad games ends tonight! Go, Sioux!!

Agreed watched the game at Tailgators. Michigain State got whooped by us in the opener last year, and still made the frozen 4. I think Walski should have gotten the start, but it wouldnt have mattered they out skated us bad! BU's passing was also tape to tape, and they crashed the net hard. Center pass center pass all day it looked like NHLPA 98 when you could score every time that way! lol

that might be the quickest jump ship in history!! :cool: i didn't see or hear the game last night, and it sounds like i didn't miss much. it's early, lets hope the sioux turn it around.

My comment was in jest....

But you knew that.

Right?

I hope UND doesn't try to fall back on the "we are young" argument. Relatively speaking, UND is not that young. On Def. you got seniors Finley, Jones, junior Genoway, and two sophmores that played quite a bit as Freshman. Forwards you got Seniors Watkins, Duncan, Kozek, Miller, and Martens. True there are plenty of Freshman, but the way college hockey is, premier teams could use the "young" argument every year.

UND is not young. If you assign numbers to the players (1 for freshmen, 4 for seniors), UND's expected players have something like a 2.3 average. Compare that to:

2005-6 was 2.1

2006-7 was 2.2

Granted, last year's team was more veteran, with a whopping 2.7, but you can't call this year's team young.

I wasn't able to see the game and in general am not too terribly concerned about one game, save one stat I saw. How in the hell did we only manage 5 shots on 8 power plays? Again, I never played hockey, so I've never understood this philosophy, so since it's a new year, I'll open up the floor for those members who have played hockey to see if they can answer this question for me: how is not shooting the puck on a power play a better strategy for scoring goals than shooting the puck? All these years watching UND hockey and the best explanation I can come up with is it must have to do with hockey's roots in Canada and the metric system.

Oh well, turn that score around against UMass and all will be well in Siouxland.

Yup were not vikes fans in here! lol

Uh................. You seriously think that pulling off an upset against New Orleans is going to resurrect your season, do you? NO has the same record you do now after the loss. And with 3 turnovers and one blocked field goal (yeah, there were 4 turnovers, but I don't call INTs off of Hail Mary passes to count) and add to it the fact that the offensive totals were staggeringly biased towards New Orleans and something like 17 penalties, I don't think the Vikings won the game more than the Saints lost it.

Too early on the jump ship, for sure, but not too early to fear the worst.

This team isn't "young" it is inexperienced in goal and inexperienced in depth. There's going to be requirements that we give them time.

Uh................. You seriously think that pulling off an upset against New Orleans is going to resurrect your season, do you? NO has the same record you do now after the loss. And with 3 turnovers and one blocked field goal (yeah, there were 4 turnovers, but I don't call INTs off of Hail Mary passes to count) and add to it the fact that the offensive totals were staggeringly biased towards New Orleans and something like 17 penalties, I don't think the Vikings won the game more than the Saints lost it.

Too early on the jump ship, for sure, but not too early to fear the worst.

This team isn't "young" it is inexperienced in goal and inexperienced in depth. There's going to be requirements that we give them time.

Wow where did that rant come from? I sense a resentment that needs to be taken care of?

Wow where did that rant come from? I sense a resentment that needs to be taken care of?

Look at it after the fact, I'm not exactly sure why I posted that. Maybe it is because I like Drew Brees (followed him since he played at Purdue). Maybe because I abhor awful football games.

And Slap Shot is right. I loathe all sports in Minnesota (for the most part).