SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Parise gets his 43rd goal of the game. Zajac passes it passed Smaby to Parise, who snaps it in for the GWG. Bochenski was also in the lineup tonight in the Devils/Lightning game. Parise also had 2 assists, Zajac had 3.

You kind of have to hope he get 50. It would be nice to see an American reach that feet again.

You kind of have to hope he get 50. It would be nice to see an American reach that feet again.

Won't happen this year. It will be interesting to see how team's play against him next year. They've really been playing him a lot closer, which has slowed down his pace. Zach's going to have to come up with more moves. Also, at the beginning of the year, Parise was getting a lot more tip ins in front of the net. He kind of shares his time there now with Zajac, so those have reduced. Actually, I tend to notice Travis in front a lot more than Parise. Zajac's really grown in that area throughout this season.

A recent story I read on Hrkac said maturity was an issue for him during his first bit with St. Louis, and hinted that he liked to spend his time partying. If Toews and Oshie can avoid the distractions that can ruin sudden fame I agree with you.

I don't think that will be a problem.

What is the previous highest goal scoring tally for a Sioux player before Parise this year? Anyone have that info? I think Zach has stamped his ticket as a first line player on Team USA in Vancouver!

What is the previous highest goal scoring tally for a Sioux player before Parise this year? Anyone have that info? I think Zach has stamped his ticket as a first line player on Team USA in Vancouver!

Guessing that it was Troy Murray, 85-86, with the Blackhawks, 45-54-99

Hrkac circus won a NC....but damn looking back DOT was pretty good!

The money line with Bo, Brady Murray and Z par was more dynamic, they were one of the most exciting lines I have ever witnessed at UND. I remember the days when the same line would go out first for the PP, it was unreal!

The money line and DOT were great, and Toews, Oshie, Stafford, Zajac and Parise will hopefully have better pro careers, but the Hrkac Circus is without question the best line in UND history. The game was different and the talent level in college hockey was different, but that line was off the charts in comparison with the rest of the league. They dominated. Joyce, as memorialized in song, owns the boards. Hrkac had 116 points in ONE YEAR. They won the league and NCAA. As far as the best COLLEGE line, and I'm pretty sure that UND is a college (University), Hrkas wins hands down.

The money line and DOT were great, and Toews, Oshie, Stafford, Zajac and Parise will hopefully have better pro careers, but the Hrkac Circus is without question the best line in UND history. The game was different and the talent level in college hockey was different, but that line was off the charts in comparison with the rest of the league. They dominated. Joyce, as memorialized in song, owns the boards. Hrkac had 116 points in ONE YEAR. They won the league and NCAA. As far as the best COLLEGE line, and I'm pretty sure that UND is a college (University), Hrkas wins hands down.

There is no doubt that the DOT line was great, and I believe that DOT will have a better NHL total, but the Hrkac circus was absolutely dominant in college. Even having seen them play in person, when I saw a highlight reel a couple of years ago I had forgotten just how sickenly phenomenal that Hrkac line was. They absolutely toyed with people. Hrkac Circus has to be all time #1 UND line.

I don't want to bring Happy out of his end-of-the-slide hibernation, but what were the combined ages of the Hrkac line compared to Toews, Oshie and Duncan? DOT was awfully young.

Greg Johnson was on some lines in 90-91, including Dixon Ward, that could play with the big boys. But they did not have the defensive side that DOT did.

Take it for what it is worth. Lord knows I have been wrong before but I have on good information that Duncan has signed with Bridgeport of the AHL and will play this weekend. Also Stalock and Odberg from Duluth will sign. I apologize for the duluth player spellings but that is what I have heard.

Not a Sioux but damn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0PynmzbZ3w

And Crosby, what a little b***h

it was a good hip check, low, but a good legal hip check. but crosby was sticking up for his teammate. there has been alot of talk lately about retaliation on good hard checks, but i think crosby did what he had to do as the captain and leader, and will only help this team come playoff time. crosby has a rep for whining (warranted or not i don't know) but i do know he puts up with alot of chirping and sh!ttalk from the opposition and still goes out there and dominates. like him or not, he is one of the best.