SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

it was a good hip check, low, but a good legal hip check. but crosby was sticking up for his teammate. there has been alot of talk lately about retaliation on good hard checks, but i think crosby did what he had to do as the captain and leader, and will only help this team come playoff time. crosby has a rep for whining (warranted or not i don't know) but i do know he puts up with alot of chirping and sh!ttalk from the opposition and still goes out there and dominates. like him or not, he is one of the best.

I am really growing tired of players wanting to make amends for hits in the NHL....yeah Ballards hit might have been a little low but it was a pretty textbook hip check.

That should give Lee some confidence in the fighting department. Nice to see that, I know the kid is strong as nails so I am happy he got a solid punch in the little tie up with that Montreal bender.

Great fight for Lee. The only shots he got in were at the back of the guy's head. ???

How do you say that :ee beat the hell out of someone?? that fight was a joke.

He dropped the guy when he smacked him in the back of the head. IMHO I wouldn't call that a joke.

I will give him credit for dropping the mits, both still left the shield on.

Goon's blog gets some national recognition. Oh yeah, article about Oshie as well.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30049859/

"A typical comment from cyberspace: "That homer announcer is dead wrong. Nash is on the ice and is fair game. There is no written law you can't check a team's superstar legally. I am also sick and tired of hockey players wanting to fight after someone who lays a legal hit on one of their teammates. It is part of the game," according to a post on Goon's World. By the title, take it with a grain of salt. But take it as a statement of fact as well."

Goon's blog gets some national recognition. Oh yeah, article about Oshie as well.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30049859/

"A typical comment from cyberspace: "That homer announcer is dead wrong. Nash is on the ice and is fair game. There is no written law you can't check a team's superstar legally. I am also sick and tired of hockey players wanting to fight after someone who lays a legal hit on one of their teammates. It is part of the game," according to a post on Goon's World. By the title, take it with a grain of salt. But take it as a statement of fact as well."

I found this on the 4th I thought it was kind of interesting. Seems as if Oshie is becoming a cult like figure in the NHL.

I am really growing tired of players wanting to make amends for hits in the NHL....yeah Ballards hit might have been a little low but it was a pretty textbook hip check.

True, but it is still funny listening to the rubes at GPL calling out Crosby on a fight code when their guys constantly use the face rub then skate away. If they called out Tony Lucia after his little stunt at the Ralph, they would have a little credibility on the matter. They can't seem to understand why some people perceive Clutterbuck to be cheap. Yes, he has plenty of clean hits, but he is certainly no saint.

True, but it is still funny listening to the rubes at GPL calling out Crosby on a fight code when their guys constantly use the face rub then skate away. If they called out Tony Lucia after his little stunt at the Ralph, they would have a little credibility on the matter. They can't seem to understand why some people perceive Clutterbuck to be cheap. Yes, he has plenty of clean hits, but he is certainly no saint.

I think Clutter Buck plays the game straight up, he is record holder for hits in a season. I think cause he fights with a visor on gives him a bad name.

If you listen to Don Cherry anyways.

I don't like Clutterbuck, but I respect him.

I think players like Clutterbuck have a future in the new NHL. These are the types of players that enforcers should become. Not as cheap as Downie, but not a worthless fighter like Scott Parker or Derek Boogaard.

He's a little like Hextall is for the Sioux. Though I doubt Clutterbuck will be a big offense guy, he's certainly worth something to the Wild other than as a guy who is willing to drop the gloves.

If I were Boogaard, I'd be VERY worried.

Same thing with Boston's Milan Lucic.

I think players like Clutterbuck have a future in the new NHL. These are the types of players that enforcers should become. Not as cheap as Downie, but not a worthless fighter like Scott Parker or Derek Boogaard.

He's a little like Hextall is for the Sioux. Though I doubt Clutterbuck will be a big offense guy, he's certainly worth something to the Wild other than as a guy who is willing to drop the gloves.

Clutterbuck actually scored 10 goals this season and I think he is the first wild player to do in in some time, I think Gabby and Mikko were the last two Wild players to do that...

Now that there is nonsense. Lucic has nothing to worry about.

Say "hi" to Coach for me.

And, just so you know: you are running with the big dogs now. :)

big dogs it was ??? we had a blast, coach osh hooked up the suite, went down after the game to meet osh and then we shut down saddle ranch postgame

couple of pics

osh22.jpg.w300h225.jpg

myself, tj and my buddy morgan

osh222.jpg.w300h225.jpg

tj heading out after the game

Flying out to DC in a couple hours......................GO BEAVSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now that there is nonsense. Lucic has nothing to worry about.

Lucic is a very tough and talented player and has way more offensive ability than Cal, (Blue GM John Davidson called Lucic a whole lot of nasty). I would liken Lucic to Cam Neely. Boogaard and Lucic are not the same type of player as a Clutterbuck.

Formatted wrong.

I meant to put Lucic in the realm of Clutterbuck not Boogaard.

The only one who should be worried is Boogaard.

And Clutterbuck's 10 goals being noteworthy is just how sad the Wild organization is offensively.

I see what you mean as much as I like watching Boogaard beat the hell out of people he is one of the most one dimensional

players, he is fighter period. An insurance policy.

I see what you mean as much as I like watching Boogaard beat the hell out of people he is one of the most one dimensional

players, he is fighter period. An insurance policy.

I'm more like "meh" when it comes to fights. I don't care either way. But I think the team that contributes the most from top of the active roster to the bottom of the active roster is the team that is going to be dangerous down the stretch.

I can't see that happening with one dimensional players on the team when that one dimension is fighting. One dimensional players exist in the NHL.... stay at home defensemen for example. However, even the one dimensional goal scorer can be covered and legitimized on an NHL roster. He may get burned a few times and be relatively nonexistant in his own zone (see Vanek in UMN days) but you know that he's contributing by advancing the score by 1 as many times as possible.

Boogaard can fight... really well... but that's about all he can do. I say make Clutterbuck the Boogaard and trade Boogaard this off season for a draft pick.

And stop drafting fighters that fit the Boogaard model.

The Clutterbucks and Lucic's of the NHL are the future of enforcers in the league.