matt greene - LA vs minnesota

brian lee - ottawa vs tampa bay

drew stafford - buffalo vs zach parise, travis zajac - new jersey

ryan bayda - carolina vs ny rangers

mike commodore - columbus vs ny islanders

landon wilson - dallas vs nashville

david hale - phoenix vs detroit

ryan johnson - vancouver vs edmonton

Parise puts in his 17th of the year in tonight's Devils/Maple Leafs game.

I think the prettiest goal of the game, the night and possibly the month, was made by another former Sioux. Jason Blake makes Clemmentsen look silly with a beautiful point-blank, spin-o-rama move in the shoot out for the game winner.

I think the prettiest goal of the game, the night and possibly the month, was made by another former Sioux. Jason Blake makes Clemmentsen look silly with a beautiful point-blank, spin-o-rama move in the shoot out for the game winner.

I don't understand that goal, I always thought that puck in a shootout or penalty shot always has to remain going in a forward position. Clearly, with the spin-a-rama move the puck is getting back and is not sustaining constant forwardness. Anyone explain this? Regardless, that was one hell of a goal, so sick!

I don't understand that goal, I always thought that puck in a shootout or penalty shot always has to remain going in a forward position. Clearly, with the spin-a-rama move the puck is getting back and is not sustaining constant forwardness. Anyone explain this? Regardless, that was one hell of a goal, so sick!

Good point. There might be someone out there with the right answer,but, I think a strict interpretation like that would preclude a player from even basic handling of the puck in a back-and-forth motion to set up a deke for a shot on goal, or it would preclude a player from drawing the puck far back on his stick for a delayed wrister or to shelf the puck.

Maybe the key is that the player needs to be in forward motion, not necessarily the puck. During the spin-o-rama, Blaker was no longer moving forward, but, he wasn't moving backward either. It was more like a 360-degree pivot in basketball. Bottomline, it's probably ok to pivot in place and do whatever the heck you want with the puck during a penalty shot or a shootout.

Thoughts?

Good point. There might be someone out there with the right answer,but, I think a strict interpretation like that would preclude a player from even basic handling of the puck in a back-and-forth motion to set up a deke for a shot on goal, or it would preclude a player from drawing the puck far back on his stick for a delayed wrister or to shelf the puck.

Maybe the key is that the player needs to be in forward motion, not necessarily the puck. During the spin-o-rama, Blaker was no longer moving forward, but, he wasn't moving backward either. It was more like a 360-degree pivot in basketball. Bottomline, it's probably ok to pivot in place and do whatever the heck you want with the puck during a penalty shot or a shootout.

Thoughts?

While trying to find the video of the goal I found the same question being asked, and the answer is that the NHL has made a specific exception for the spin move. I'm not going to find it but apparently it is in the NHL rule book.

JPL still doing very well in the ECHL

13-7-0-1(shootout losses)

13 wins first in ECHL and 2.28 GAA is 6th in ECHL and .927 sv% is 5th in ECHL and 3 shutouts is tied for 1st in league

echl goalie stats

fabian is also back from injury for alaska and scored the other night

prpich for cardiff has 19-18=37 in 26 games and 45 PIM in UK - leads his team in goals and points

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71419

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/

Prpich.jpg

link to the former player page on my website below - some player stat links may need some updates on links in case you click and dont see stats

http://ryan85268.tripod.com/id21.html

Devs with a 5 - 1 win over the Sens tonight.

Right now, stats show:

Parise with a 4 assist night.

Zajac with a goal and an assist.

They've been reviewing things so that might change. I know the fifth goal was originally awarded to Parise, then changed to Zajac, but I actually think it was Langenbrunner's . . . and the post game has Zach as only getting 3 assists, but that could be a mistake.

Devs with a 5 - 1 win over the Sens tonight.

Right now, stats show:

Parise with a 4 assist night.

Zajac with a goal and an assist.

They've been reviewing things so that might change. I know the fifth goal was originally awarded to Parise, then changed to Zajac, but I actually think it was Langenbrunner's . . . and the post game has Zach as only getting 3 assists, but that could be a mistake.

NHL Network has it at 4 assists.

Stafford also got a goal tonight, though the highlights made it look like he actually scored two.

Toews nearly pots a game winner. Instead, the rebound off of his bad angle shot is banged home for the winner.

Toews still gets an assist in the game.