SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

As ussual I agree with your great analysis. I think Downie is a huge hack and a disgrace to the uniform. I would love to see Downie and JMFJ rematch from teh WJC but Johnson is hurt. I did watch the game a bit the other night and Downie did play.

Downie got the game tying goal tonight too. :glare:

Lee got sent back down.

I wonder about Smaby's future with TB. TB sucks. BAD. However, he gets no time at the NHL level. TB trades away Carle and Smaby still doesn't get any time. Yet another Sioux D that left a year too soon.

I also watched the Minny vs. Colorado game the other night. An interesting game. Minny's D and goaltending took a night off. An interesting feat given the fact that Colorado basically has no D nor really much better than mediocre goaltending. Budaj is atrocious and, last night, he showed it...he was only minutely better than Backstrom. However, I must say that it really is too bad that Pouliot's shot couldn't get in the net before time expired. I would have loved to see the looks on Colorado fans and players after blowing a 6-3 or perhaps a 6-2 lead. :huh:

Chicago Hawks media poll.

Who was the Blackhawks best 2-way player in the last 25 years?

Steve Larmer

31%

Dirk Graham

15%

Troy Murray

31%

Tom Lysiak

5%

Darryl Sutter

9:16 Grand Forks time. The voting is still going on. Let's get Fighting Sioux Troy Murray over the top.

Vote Early and Vote Often.

Toews just scored in this game with 1:35 left to put the Blackhawks up 3-2.

Update: That was the game winner, #1 star of the game.

TJ was in the house at the Wild game last night and a little birdie told me that he should

be up and ready to go for the Blues next game. Great news for the Blues

as they looked a bit hopeless against the Wild last night. And, playing the Wild,

that is pretty hard to do . . . .

he should be good to go maybe friday !!

Oshie will be back and playing Friday night vs calgary! good to hear osh is back

potential former sioux tonight

http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main

zach parise, travis zajac - new jersey vs philadelphia

ryan bayda - carolina vs pittsburgh

drew stafford - buffalo vs florida

ryan johnson - vancouver vs detroit

jason blake - toronto vs david hale -phoenix

mike commodore - columbus vs san jose

Parise puts in his 14th of the year in tonight's Devils/Flyers game. Zajac with an assist on the goal.

Parise also gets the primary assist on the GWG in OT.

I love it when Parise and Elias connect in OT. Their goal celebrations are epic.

Parise puts in his 14th of the year in tonight's Devils/Flyers game. Zajac with an assist on the goal.

Parise also gets the primary assist on the GWG in OT.

Just saw the highlights on the Game Winner. Great forechecking by Parise sets up Elias for what is surely the weakest OT winner this season.

Biron must have been pulling a Turco impression. 5 hole goals like the ones Turco and Biron have been giving up only come for one reason: plainly awful goaltending. Beating a goaltender 5 hole while moving laterally (like what you typically see on breakaways/shootouts) is one thing. There was ZERO reason why that puck should have gone in.

In other news: I love the dig on Chelios at he AHL level. Is it true or is it just the fact that he's 96 years old?

Didn't Gordie Howe play for a year in the AHL at 50 something?

In other news: I love the Wings, but they won't get the Cup with their current play in their defensive zone. I've never been an Osgood fan and really, he's not proving me wrong.

Yet I picked him up for one of my Fantasy teams. :silly:

Budaj outsucked Turco tonight!!!!

Colorado and their goaltending post-Roy reminds me a LOT of San Francisco 49ers in the post-Steve Young. When Young and Roy left for whatever reason, retirement or something else, their entire team fell apart. The only difference is that I haven't heard who is the savior of the Avs like I heard how Alex Smith is someday going to be a real NFL QB. Smith is headed for a comfortable career alongside such vaunted peers as JP Losman, Kyle Bollar, Rex Grossman, David Carr, etc.

Budaj in some ways, remind me of Tim Cheveldae. Ok, but not great.

Toews with 2 so far against Detroit, and Stafford has 1 against Tampa

Guess who one of Stafford's linemates is tonight? Give you a hint, he's a diving midget.

Parise is money in OT. Future captain, even Daneyko says it.

Toews with 2 so far against Detroit, and Stafford has 1 against Tampa

Hey Goon!

Since you are in the fantasy market for sieves, might want to pick up Huet. He sieved away a 2 goal lead. Detroit just won in a shootout.

Seriously, everyone talks about how Khabibulin isn't the man in Chicago because somehow Huet is. Why? What did he do in Montreal that made him so special? IIRC, he had a 5 hole like Tommy Salo... about as big as Texas. I'm half mistaken, as that title belongs to Turco, but seriously...

I hate Patrick Roy and Hasek, though I'm a fan of his, pissed me off with all his dramatics. Nevertheless, I miss them terribly. I can't remember the last time I watched a dominant goaltending performance in an NHL game.

UPDATE: Nevermind... I have watched Brodeur play this season. He definitely doesn't suck. Too bad he's injured. Nabokov is pretty good too.

Maybe NHL goaltending is going the way of NL Pitching talent... downhill.

WOW, I'm bitter. ???

Toew's first goal tonight was ridiculous. It had glimpses of his dangler last year in it. You have to see it... Either way, it's blasphemous that it wasn't even a top 10 play tonight on ESPN. A quote from the announcer..."HE MADE THEM LOOK SILLY!"

I don't have a direct link, but if you go to chicagoblackhawks.com, they'll have a link you can follow to see it.

I don't know how he hasn't scored more than he has up to this point. It looks as if he's starting to turn it around though.

Toew's first goal tonight was ridiculous. It had glimpses of his dangler last year in it. You have to see it... Either way, it's blasphemous that it wasn't even a top 10 play tonight on ESPN. A quote from the announcer..."HE MADE THEM LOOK SILLY!"

I don't have a direct link, but if you go to chicagoblackhawks.com, they'll have a link you can follow to see it.

I don't know how he hasn't scored more than he has up to this point. It looks as if he's starting to turn it around though.

Who would've thunk he could do it again! Can't believe it wasn't a top ten either because it was awesome!

Toews Amazing Goal #2 against the Wings

I taught him that.

(not really)

Colorado and their goaltending post-Roy reminds me a LOT of San Francisco 49ers in the post-Steve Young. When Young and Roy left for whatever reason, retirement or something else, their entire team fell apart. The only difference is that I haven't heard who is the savior of the Avs like I heard how Alex Smith is someday going to be a real NFL QB. Smith is headed for a comfortable career alongside such vaunted peers as JP Losman, Kyle Bollar, Rex Grossman, David Carr, etc.

you're giving alex smith way too much credit... losman, grossman, and carr have at least had some decent years where they looked like a professional qbs. i would lump smith in with the likes of ryan leaf or akili smith. the niners are really post-montana. young was an all-pro qb, don't get me wrong, but montana was the 49ers. i'm a niners fan, so sorry if some of my bitterness crept out there ??? hey, they beat the jets yesterday! i would say the same for budaj(sp?), he has at least played competently at a professional level, although he is not superstar.

Winnipeg Sun: Moose's Goehring an undersized overachiever

Goehring, 30, may not look like a prototypical goalie -- he's listed at 5-foot-8 and 160 pounds -- but don't let his size (or lack thereof) fool you.

He has lightning-quick reflexes and his competitive nature has allowed him to flourish since turning pro with the Dayton Bombers of the ECHL in 2001-02.

"It's the battle that he has in the net," said Moose forward Jason Jaffray. "I've never seen a goalie that is so small, but is so hard to score on. He battles so hard, not only in games, but in practice.

"If you give him, three or four inches (of height), he's probably an NHL goalie."

Goehring hasn't played in the NHL yet, but left a legacy at the University of North Dakota by leading the Fighting Sioux to a NCAA national championship in 2000.

"It was one of the most unforgettable things in my career," said Goerhing, who played with Fargo-Moorhead of the United States Hockey League before accepting a scholarship to UND in 1997-98. "Just being able to get there, it's a one-game, sudden-death elimination. We had good teams all the years I was there but you need the bounces and that special group to win it all.

"It was just a blast. I had goose bumps once it was over."