SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Anyone want to lay odds on that one happening? NJ trading away a reliable budding young star that isn't hurt and plays most of his games to a over paid

prima donna that is often hurt and disappears during the playoffs.

VERY Unlikely, I'd say... I wouldn't be opposed to it happening, but I'm not holding my breath on that one...

Anyone want to lay odds on that one happening? NJ trading away a reliable budding young star that isn't hurt and plays most of his games to a over paid

prima donna that is often hurt and disappears during the playoffs.

I don't see Lou even thinking about that deal. He loves Parise, and why shouldn't he? As in college, he never takes a shift off.

I don't see Lou even thinking about that deal. He loves Parise, and why shouldn't he? As in college, he never takes a shift off.

Actually... I'd make the trade if I knew I were about to be fired. Kinda like Mike Tice drafting Troy "Me sucka for long time" Williamson.

But yeah.... Parise would stagnate in the Wild system.

landon wilson had been called up and in his 2nd game scored a goal for dallas. sweet!

potential former sioux tonight

http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main

jason blake - toronto vs atlanta

matt greene - LA vs calgary

chris porter (not sure if he will play as he was just called up) - st louis vs nashville

Porter played tonight. He ws on the same line as Cam Jansen and David Backes. He wears #32.

He tried to pull the Frazee wrap around special on Ellis but was stuffed.

He played hard, though he wasn't as noticeable as I'd've wanted him to be (cause I don't want him sent down).

Charley Walters column in the Pioneer Press today had this rumor:

"Add the New Jersey Devils among teams with rumored interest in trading for injured Wild star Marian Gaborik. A Wild-Devils deal likely would have to include New Jersey's Zach Parise, son of former North Star J.P. Parise."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_11052699?IADI....twincities.com

Not a chance in hell...NJ parts with Parise for Gaborik....Not a chance in hell

potential former sioux tonight full slate of sioux tonight!!

drew stafford - buffalo vs boston

ryan bayda - carolina vs philadelphia

david hale - phoenix vs mike commodore - columbus

zach parise, travis zajac - new jersey vs florida

landon wilson - dallas vs minnesota

chris porter - st. louis vs colorado

matt greene - LA vs edmonton

jonathan toews - chicago vs san jose

He was recalled along with Super Hack Steve Downie. Good for Matt.

I can't understand why Downie got recalled... or maybe they are going to play Toronto and Hollweg is going to be in the lineup?

EDIT: I should add that I was always one of those who doubted how much of a cheap shot artist Downie was when he played for Team Canada and though that JMFJ vs. Downie was overrated. Now, seeing him play for Philly, I stand corrected. He's a hack and a disgrace to this sport.

potential former sioux tonight

ryan bayda - carolina vs philadelphia

jonathan toews - chicago vs anaheim

david hale - phoenix vs colorado

drew stafford - buffalo vs pittsburgh

mike commodore - columbus vs detroit

landon wilson - dallas vs san jose

Any news on Oshie? I've got tickets to the Wild - Blues game on Wednesday and my kid has been looking forward to seeing Oshie play for a couple of months.

Oshie was back on the ice Thursday, sounds like he won't be playing in a game for at least a week though. I've got the NHL Package, Oshie is still my favorite hockey player to watch.

not sure if this has been posted but a Q&A with jpar from his old ushl team waterloo

parise

BH: Between the Devils, North Dakota, and Waterloo, who was the best player you played with? Of your current or former teammates, who would you least want to face in a shootout?

JP: The best player, I think, would have to be Zach. Not speaking from a brother s standpoint but from a player s. I have been able to watch him and understand his mindset during competition and realize how much he studies the game and tries to prove that he is smartest player on the ice. It is amazing how he can be effective with and without the puck. As far as a player I would not want to face in a shootout, in my first training camp, we were doing a shootout and Patrik Elias deked me to the point where I was basically in the corner facing the wrong way while he sat at the far post waiting for me to turn around before he put it in.

I can't understand why Downie got recalled... or maybe they are going to play Toronto and Hollweg is going to be in the lineup?

EDIT: I should add that I was always one of those who doubted how much of a cheap shot artist Downie was when he played for Team Canada and though that JMFJ vs. Downie was overrated. Now, seeing him play for Philly, I stand corrected. He's a hack and a disgrace to this sport.

As ussual I agree with your great analysis. I think Downie is a huge hack and a disgrace to the uniform. I would love to see Downie and JMFJ rematch from teh WJC but Johnson is hurt. I did watch the game a bit the other night and Downie did play.