SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

And be completely frustrated by Lemaire's "offensive" scheme, just like Gaborik.

Parise leads the Devils in scoring right now. In Lemaire's offense, his scoring would drop DRASTICALLY.

I don't think Blake would be happy in Minny either.

I do agree a TON with the sentiment about top scoring talent not wanting to play in Minnesota. They just don't play a wide open offense-first style. For good or bad, that's what top scorers want in a team.

Gaborik is oft-injured, true. But I wonder if he were on a team like Washington or Pittsburgh or even Detroit, what would happen? Marion is forced to look defensive first and then jump into the play offensively whenever possible. That forces him to play more physical, something not really his style. I see him as a finesse player. Lemaire is a type of coach that prefers the type of play that Montreal made famous when he was still a player mixed with the trap/left wing lock. snoozer city. I doubt even Maurice Richard would score a ton of goals in Lemaire's system.

Gaborik goes to an offensively oriented team and his point totals will AT MINIMUM double.

My opinion would be that Minny goes after young, top notch 2 way forwards like Bolland on Chicago or Getzlaf in Anaheim (I think...).

OH! Speaking of wastes, Barry Melrose lost his job today or yesterday. Seriously... Is TB the Oakland Raiders of the NHL? How can a head coach turn a team around with one great new player and a new system in less than a season? Unless Melrose resigned, he got royally hosed.

Parise leads the Devils in scoring right now. In Lemaire's offense, his scoring would drop DRASTICALLY.

I don't think Blake would be happy in Minny either.

I do agree a TON with the sentiment about top scoring talent not wanting to play in Minnesota. They just don't play a wide open offense-first style. For good or bad, that's what top scorers want in a team.

Gaborik is oft-injured, true. But I wonder if he were on a team like Washington or Pittsburgh or even Detroit, what would happen? Marion is forced to look defensive first and then jump into the play offensively whenever possible. That forces him to play more physical, something not really his style. I see him as a finesse player. Lemaire is a type of coach that prefers the type of play that Montreal made famous when he was still a player mixed with the trap/left wing lock. snoozer city. I doubt even Maurice Richard would score a ton of goals in Lemaire's system.

Gaborik goes to an offensively oriented team and his point totals will AT MINIMUM double.

My opinion would be that Minny goes after young, top notch 2 way forwards like Bolland on Chicago or Getzlaf in Anaheim (I think...).

OH! Speaking of wastes, Barry Melrose lost his job today or yesterday. Seriously... Is TB the Oakland Raiders of the NHL? How can a head coach turn a team around with one great new player and a new system in less than a season? Unless Melrose resigned, he got royally hosed.

I know you don't like the Wild/Lemaire but get your facts straight.

1. The Canadiens were an offensive machine during their run in the 70's, not "snoozer city" hockey. They were always at/near the top of the league for goals scored. (Check hockeydb.com if you want to look at the numbers) The also won 4 cups in a row.

2. Gaborik has averaged more than a point a game the past two years. There is no way he would score 160+ points in the East (Ovechkin led the league last year with 112).

I know you like to rant about the Wild/Lemaire (it's a free country) but keep it real.

JPL is now 10-2-1 with a .933 SV5 and a 2.20 GAA. Next closest in league is 6 wins. He has played every game unlike others im sure in the ECHL but a hell of a start for JPL. nice!

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/statdispl...&season_id=

fabian is also playing for the aces but is on the DL as of now for the month per brad

Toews just scored his first fight. Pretty much a draw but Toews scores a takedown.

he fought martin hanzal, good choice. his first fight as well i believe :) heavyweight match up

toews shootout goal but doesnt show the scrap

http://coyotes.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,266

and he scores in the shootout, seriously he is amazing in shootouts. wow.

3 of 4 on the season for jonny and 3 former sioux are in top 12 of shootouts in nhl (stafford and parise also) they must really take advantage of that in sioux practices :D

http://www.nhl.com/ice/shootoutstats.htm?navid=NAV|STS|Shoot

Yeah, I think this is going to be Lemaire's last season I HOPE.

I watched the Pittsburgh game and came to the following conclusions:

1. Where Owen Nolan is a step up from Ralston or Demitra is anyone's guess.

2. Mellon Arena has simply the worst ice in the NHL. Dear Parise... I couldn't believe how bad it was.

3. As boring as the Wild are, they can stick handle. They embarrassed Pittsburgh at times in the passing on crappy ice category many times.

4. Uh, when Minny is on the ice for a shootout, bet on Minny. Sure, Minny's shooters aren't as good as many other teams', but Backstrom is one of the best goalies in the NHL. It seems to me that if you have great goaltending, it doesn't matter who is shooting.

4a. This is why I laughed at Pittsburgh in OT. I said to no one in particular, "If this goes to a shootout, Minny wins." Saborin did a great job, but he's no Backstrom.

5. This team is almost exactly like the 1995 NJ Devils team (didn't lemaire coach them too?). They play a boring style of hockey and are filled with one great goaltender and a bunch of relative nobodies. Sure, Koivu is great (IMO he's the best player on the team after Backstrom... sorry Burns and Gabby), but they don't have much of an offense really. They COULD go far, but probably won't. Playoff quality teams are hard to put to sleep.

not really a fight, toews got hit a couple times but took him down which was smart. toews was just sticking up for kane who got hit earlier. shows toews understands. nice to see out of a captain who isnt a fighter.

"In the box, I actually had to ask the guy if they gave us five minutes," Toews said. "I don't know if you'd even call that a fight."

"He's a guy I thought I could handle," Toews said. "It probably wasn't a good time to fight, but he wanted to go. I wasn't sure what I was doing, but at least I got out of it without getting hurt. That was the main thing."

I watched the Pittsburgh game and came to the following conclusions:

1. Where Owen Nolan is a step up from Ralston or Demitra is anyone's guess.

I don't think he was intended to be, was he? I think he was more of a replacement for Fedoruk and he'll be an upgrade there.

I don't think he was intended to be, was he? I think he was more of a replacement for Fedoruk and he'll be an upgrade there.

Hmm.. perhaps, but I heard Nolan's name in the same context with Demitra and Ralston (I'm pretty sure I'm mispelling his name too).

Yeah, Nolan is an upgrade from Fedoruk.

But just to sum it up: Mellon Arena's ice still sucks. :silly:

The other night, Chicago won 6-3 over Dallas I think... Kane? got an empty netter and the commentator distinctly said that Toews passed Kane the puck before Kane buried it. However, no assists were given. Is that the rule? I have no problem with that if it is, but I would love clarification on that.

Charley Walters column in the Pioneer Press today had this rumor:

"Add the New Jersey Devils among teams with rumored interest in trading for injured Wild star Marian Gaborik. A Wild-Devils deal likely would have to include New Jersey's Zach Parise, son of former North Star J.P. Parise."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_11052699?IADI....twincities.com

Anyone want to lay odds on that one happening? NJ trading away a reliable budding young star that isn't hurt and plays most of his games to a over paid

prima donna that is often hurt and disappears during the playoffs.