SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danny mattson with 5 points in 5-3 win over hill murray tonight

2 goals, 3 assists putting him at 11-24=35 points in 11 gp for this season so far

I'm going to his game when they play Elk River on the 26th of January. Should be fun to see him in action.

So, what makes a verbal official? Isn't saying to the coaches "Yeah, I'll come here" or whatever a verbal?

I'm not even sure you could use the word official and verbal together because official would be more like a binding thing such as a letter of intent whereas a verbal is more like a mutual agreement between party A(coach) and party B(player). They are officialy committed when they sign a LOI and mail it into the university.

Beat me to it

didn't corbin knight just verbal? and didn't we find out about it, it was in the press? just clarifying here, as it seems we find out about alot of verbals before their loi is official... like garret clark :lol:

We found out about it because Brad Schlossman must have contacted Knight or someone close to Knight and found out the information from him. The coaches cannot comment on players who have not signed an LOI, so the information came from other directions. The player or his family can confirm the verbal commitment, but no one in the hockey program can. That's why we're lucky to have a dedicated journalist like Schlossman who puts so much time into finding things out and not only writing stories for the paper but providing so much good content on his blog.

We found out about it because Brad Schlossman must have contacted Knight or someone close to Knight and found out the information from him. The coaches cannot comment on players who have not signed an LOI, so the information came from other directions. The player or his family can confirm the verbal commitment, but no one in the hockey program can. That's why we're lucky to have a dedicated journalist like Schlossman who puts so much time into finding things out and not only writing stories for the paper but providing so much good content on his blog.

got it.

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Indiana - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg Wild - Midget

When it comes right down to it,

and there are lots of people here and elsewhere who will attest to this

I don't know nothin'

And then you turn around with ...

IIRC coaches can't comment at all on a recruit, nor one who has "verballed". Only after a national letter of intent is signed can official comments be made.

... which is correct, only after a signed NLI is in hand can a coach use a name in public.

So you refuted your own theory. How dumb are you? :D:lol:

What a week, three commitments. For some of us recruiting geeks it's Christmas a few weeks late.

I fall into that category and am very excited by this news.. I have a question for you USA are one of these two the kid that you knew of being here this weekend or are you still holding an ace up your sleeve and know who one of the other two kids(one commit) who was here this weekend?

I fall into that category and am very excited by this news.. I have a question for you USA are one of these two the kid that you knew of being here this weekend or are you still holding an ace up your sleeve and know who one of the other two kids(one commit) who was here this weekend?

The other kid that I knew about is not O'Donnell.

per brad, seems good for cichy - wonder if he still gets to be a all star?? as he was voted in with tri city.

Cichy traded to Indiana

Sioux recruit Mike Cichy went from the worst team in the USHL to the best.

The Indiana Ice sent their first-round pick in the 2009 draft to Tri-City in exchange for Cichy. Cichy was Tri-City's captain and leading scorer with 29 points in 26 games.

The trade means Cichy will be able to play in the playoffs this spring.

For those in the area who may want to watch Cichy play, the Ice still have one trip to Fargo left. They play at the Urban Plains Center on Feb. 20-21. The Sioux are in Anchorage those nights.

Also, Waterloo and Fink will be heading up on the 16th and 17th I believe. That's this weekend, so for those that won't be at the games in Houghton, or watching 'em on the internet, this might be a good option. I would like to make it down...maybe Friday.

Also, Waterloo and Fink will be heading up on the 16th and 17th I believe. That's this weekend, so for those that won't be at the games in Houghton, or watching 'em on the internet, this might be a good option. I would like to make it down...maybe Friday.

hope fink plays. he has been in and out of the lineup this season again but i also read i believe he has battled a few injuries as well.