SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A goalie rotation is fine if you two good goalies like Parise/Lamoreux. A goalie rotation is not so good if its a Siembida/Kollar type of thing (Kollar post Goehring leaving, not while Goehring here)

I think you need to have two good goalie that can play. I think it helped the Sioux during the 2000 and 2001 season.

KG went down with a concusion and Andy K picked up the slack. If B.E. got hurt UND would be done unless GH can play.

I think you need to have two good goalie that can play. I think it helped the Sioux during the 2000 and 2001 season.

KG went down with a concusion and Andy K picked up the slack. If B.E. got hurt UND would be done unless GH can play.

agreed but we dont have that this year or had it last year but you can take probably 30 d-1 teams and say if their #1 goalie went down then they would be in trouble. its part of the game. the 2 goalie system didnt win any national titles the last 7 years either. i agree its great to have a solid 2nd goalie and that we will have next year but since grieco made his own bed at und we have had to roll with one #1 last year and this year. go soux, bye weeks blow :D

I like the idea of a backup goalie shouldering some of the load...I'm not saying 50/50 or even 60/40. But, anything can happen and it's a good thing to have someone pushing you and looking over your shoulder every night.

for sure 60/40 70/30 65.3/34.7 :D would be great :D

agreed but we dont have that this year or had it last year but you can take probably 30 d-1 teams and say if their #1 goalie went down then they would be in trouble. its part of the game. the 2 goalie system didnt win any national titles the last 7 years either. i agree its great to have a solid 2nd goalie and that we will have next year but since grieco made his own bed at und we have had to roll with one #1 last year and this year. go soux, bye weeks blow :lol:

DU had two good goalies when the won the NCAA titles back to back.

DU had two good goalies when the won the NCAA titles back to back.

yes they did. i didnt say it doesnt work. i was referring to the sioux and titles. not DU but that wasnt my point, thats not the reason we havent won a ncaa title since 2000, just was stating that it could work either way. thats all :lol:

go sioux

I don't think having 2 good goalies would in any way make us a worse team. Whether or not it makes us a better team remains to be seen, but I don't think it can do anything but good.

I don't think there's a team in the country that would say no to a second good goalie in the lineup.

I don't think having 2 good goalies would in any way make us a worse team. Whether or not it makes us a better team remains to be seen, but I don't think it can do anything but good.

I don't think there's a team in the country that would say no to a second good goalie in the lineup.

for sure, god points. im not for it or against it and yes having a reliable 2nd guy is key just in case but this year and last year we dont have that luxury so in BE we trust :lol:

AJHL stats update

stats

rowney up to 5th in AJHL inscoring race with 29-38=67

knight tied for 15th in AJHL in scoring with 28-29=57

macwilliam 7th most PIM with 195 in AJHL also 7-16=23

dell 5th in AJHL with 2.34 GAA and tied for 1st in sv% at .927 and 19-14-8 overall on the year and his teams in 4th place in the south as of now

USA-U18

Nick Mattson 39 gp, 2-9=11

MIDGET

Brendan O'Donnell has 38-45=83 which is 2nd on his team so far this season in 38 gp

Now now...

Walski once played one of the best games of high school championship hockey ever!

Then again, so did Englestad and he turned out to be a top notch #1 goaltender for the Sioux right? Well... was he ever even #2?

AJHL stats update

stats

rowney up to 5th in AJHL inscoring race with 29-38=67

knight tied for 15th in AJHL in scoring with 28-29=57

macwilliam 7th most PIM with 195 in AJHL also 7-16=23

dell 5th in AJHL with 2.31 GAA and 1st in sv% at .928 and 20-14-8 overall on the year and his teams in 4th place in the south as of now

USA-U18

Nick Mattson 39 gp, 2-9=11

MIDGET

Brendan O'Donnell has 38-45=83 which is 2nd on his team so far this season in 38 gp

dell with another win stopping 33 of 34 shots tonight in a 4-1 win

Mike Fink was traded to Des Moines today.

thanks, now we have 4 players on that team. hope this is the start to playing every night for him and great things! ill change the list. jp parise is now coaching 4 future sioux right now :lol:

we can call them DES MOINES future SIOUX :lol:

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Des Moines - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Indiana - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg Wild - Midget

CARTER ROWNEY - F - Grand Prairie Storm