SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say he wins mr hockey when its all said and done. kid is great

I don't know....

UND has bad luck with Mr. Hockey winners that I can remember. There was the one from Bemidji that died tragically all those years ago... Brian Lee (who was good but everyone thought sucked)...

In my own opinion, I think the award is cursed.

I don't know....

UND has bad luck with Mr. Hockey winners that I can remember. There was the one from Bemidji that died tragically all those years ago... Brian Lee (who was good but everyone thought sucked)...

from 2 players :D:lol: oh well.......he is that good and will have a great chance to win it. would be sweet if so :huh:

I don't know....

Wasn't Paul Murphy Mr. Hockey, too?

I don't know....

George Pelowa from Bemidji in the fall of 1986.

brad has some notes on cichy

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Cichy's comments

A few weeks ago, Sioux recruit Mike Cichy played in Fargo. I went down and did an interview with Cichy only to erase it on my digital recorder by accident. I can give a short recap of what he said, though.

First, a little background. Cichy's team won't be going anywhere in the playoffs because they are terrible defensively. They consistently give up odd-man rushes and backdoor plays. Tri-City hasn't won a game since before Thanksgiving and the defense is the reason why.

Cichy is the top player for the team, tallying 25 points in 22 games. No one else on the team is very close to averaging a point per game.

Tri-City lost the game I saw 6-3. Cichy had a goal and two assists. His goal was a penalty shot, beating St. Cloud State recruit and former Roseau standout Mike Lee. It may have been an omen, because the Sioux beat the Huskies the next two nights.

After the game, Cichy wasn't very excited about his three-point night. He said it wasn't enough because they lost. When I brought up that his numbers were pretty good for the season, he said that the team has struggled and he's the captain, so he hasn't been doing enough.

Cichy took the 'C' from Mario Lamoureux, who moved on to UND. Cichy said that if he's half the captain Mario was, he'd be thrilled. Said that Mario was hands down the best captain he's ever had at any level of hockey and that he can't wait to be on his team again next season.

Cichy said winning the gold at the World Junior A Challenge and being named the MVP of the tournament was a big highlight. He said it was fun to re-unite with Danny Kristo at the tournament. Cichy and Kristo were teammates on the U.S. Under-17 team until Cichy left midseason. Cichy said there's a chance that he and Kristo may room together next year.

Cichy also said he was not ready to come to college this year and that's why he went back for another season in the USHL. He said that without a doubt he made the right choice. He made a trip to Grand Forks during the summer and had long talks with the coaches. Cichy said he felt he could get bigger and physically stronger before trying to make the jump to the WCHA. So far, he feels he's done that.

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Tri-City - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

Good catch.

I was just going to check Heisenberg anyway, and then I saw your post.

Does anyone have any info about Parks? Looks like he is also on the U17 team.

some info has been posted on prospective recruits thread

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

FINK, 1 shot in 8-3 win

GLEASON, 3 shots in 4-3 loss

BRUNETEAU, 1 goal in 4-3 loss

CICHY, 1 goal 1 assist in 8-3 loss

KRISTO - world juniors

WHITE, no points in 4-3 loss

Stats for new recruit Michael Parks?

We need info on this guy!!!

he plays midget. not really great stat tools out there. there has been info posted on him here and in the other recruits thread if you wana read up on him a bit. brad also did a story on him in the grand forks herald you can find online as well or brads blog

Isn't LaPoint a Wisc Mr. Hockey?

That poor kid's got three season's worth of tire tracks on his sweater already. :D

USHL UPDATE

FINK, didnt pay friday, 3 shots in saturday loss. guess hes been on and off hurt the last couple seasons

GLEASON, 2 shots in friday 4-2 loss, 3 shots in 6-4 loss sunday

BRUNETEAU, +1 in friday 4-2 loss, 3 shots in 6-4 loss sunday

CICHY, no game friday, -1 and 4 shots in 6-0 loss saturday, 1 goal on 6 shots in sunday 4-2 loss

KRISTO, didnt play friday on weekend - guessing from getting back from wjt

WHITE, -2 and 1 shot in friday 4-2 loss, no stats in 6-4 loss sunday

MN HS

DANNY MATTSON, tied for 14th in league in scoring - 9-21=30 pts through 10 games

DEREK FORBORT, 9 gp - 1-5=6 pts. was away for that usa tourney last week

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

would be nice if we somehow could get olsen and morin in green and white. i know morin is doubtful but olsen would just be nice!! :silly:

CSB releases draft rankings

Danny Mattson leads UND's draft eligibles in the Central Scouting Bureau's midterm rankings. Mattson is ranked the 57th-best North American skater for the 2009 draft. Mike Cichy is ranked 168th. UND's other draft eligible recruit, Mike Fink, is not on the list.

From Roseau High School, Nick Oliver is ranked 82nd, and Mike Lee is the No. 3 North American goalie.

For the full list, go here.

Here are some notables:

1. John Tavares, OHL

2. Matt Duchene, OHL

3. Evander Kane, WHL

4. Jordan Schroeder, Minnesota

5. Brayden Schenn, WHL

16. Zach Budish, Minnesota recruit

21. Jeremy Morin, uncommitted

23. Dylan Olson, uncommitted

25. Nick Leddy, Minnesota recruit

32. Drew Shore, DU recruit

33. Josh Birkholz, Fargo Force and Minnesota recruit

40. Seth Helgeson, Minnesota recruit

45. Ben Hanowski, St. Cloud recruit

47. William Wrenn, DU recruit

57. Danny Mattson, UND recruit

70. Anders Lee, Notre Dame recruit

82. Nick Oliver, Roseau High and St. Cloud State recruit

97. Jared Festler, St. Cloud freshman

109. Oleg Lee, Fargo Force

111. Tyler Lapic, Wisconsin recruit

113. Dan Deslisle, Minnesota-Duluth recruit

128. Max Tardy, Minnesota-Duluth recruit

137. Tyler Barnes, Wisconsin recruit

154. Keegan Flaherty, Fargo Force and Minnesota-Duluth recruit

168. Mike Cichy, UND recruit

178. Nate Schmidt, Minnesota recruit

191. Jordy Murray, Wisconsin freshman

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

Dane said at Fargo Sioux Boosters that they had four kids in last weekend for visits. Two verballed on the spot, one went home and called back to verbal. He, obviously, didn't say who.

He said Cary and Hak asked why the kid who left without committing didn't verbal while in Grand Forks. Jackson said the kid promised his mother he wouldn't commit without talking to her. :silly: