SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

Anyone know what kind of stats Gregoire put up at VMC when he was there...just for comparison sake?

Looking around, I see that Jason played in the MJHL for the Winnipeg South Blues before he went to the USHL and he had 22 goals-28 assists-for 50 points in 57 games played, and 12 goals-11 assists-for 23 points in 14 games in the playoffs. Doesn't give any stats for his high school team.

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?page=Pla...mp;service=page

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per brad

Sioux recruit Derek Forbort will be on FSN during Hockey Day in Minnesota on Saturday. Forbort and Duluth East play against White Bear Lake at 1 p.m

Started the game on offense and scored the first of the game, was moved back to D in second and has 2 assists since, great playmaking ability, solid D, kinda reminds me of Chay

per brad

Sioux recruit Derek Forbort will be on FSN during Hockey Day in Minnesota on Saturday. Forbort and Duluth East play against White Bear Lake at 1 p.m

Forbort with at least 1-2-3 so far in the game. He's really tall and poised. Still raw and makes mistakes, but mostly it's man against boys for him. It's a long time from now, but he might not be wearing the Sioux sweater very long before he moves on. He has that "look" about him.

Forbort with at least 1-2-3 so far in the game. He's really tall and poised. Still raw and makes mistakes, but mostly it's man against boys for him. It's a long time from now, but he might not be wearing the Sioux sweater very long before he moves on. He has that "look" about him.

brads blog says he only has 6 points on the year, doesn't look like it in this game

brads blog says he only has 6 points on the year, doesn't look like it in this game

This what Brad says.

According to the Minnesota State High School League site, Forbort has a goal and five assists on the season. He's missed a chunk of it because he participated in the Under-17 Challenge in British Columbia.

Started the game on offense and scored the first of the game, was moved back to D in second and has 2 assists since, great playmaking ability, solid D, kinda reminds me of Chay

i dont see much chay in him at all. hes huge and maybe the only similarity may be puck handling skills. this kids the real deal and will be a high draft pick. he is all around very good

i dont see much chay in him at all. hes huge and maybe the only similarity may be puck handling skills. this kids the real deal and will be a high draft pick. he is all around very good

Yeah he is good. Wait till he fills out as well.

forbort also was playing forward i know for the first period, not sure after that. they had to fill a gap from a kid being late for the team bus so he played some wing and obviously did well

cichy with 4 points on indianas 4 goals in a loss. wow. 1 goal, 3 helpers. so 7 points in 2 games wiht his new team -

gleason and bruneteau had goals last night as well, gleason 1 assist tonight

kristo with a goal tonight, game still going on

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro/score...p;seasonid=3192

cichy with 4 points on indianas 4 goals in a loss. wow. 1 goal, 3 helpers. so 7 points in 2 games wiht his new team -

gleason and bruneteau had goals last night as well, gleason 1 assist tonight

kristo with a goal tonight, game still going on

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro/score...p;seasonid=3192

I believe he actually is 2-6-8 in two games.

Some observations (from a spy at the Jan 17 Waterloo at Fargo Force game) ...

- Mike Fink seems to be thinking more than playing and reacting. He may be caught in a "system" coaching style that has him overthinking every action instead of reacting, or better, just acting.

- Lee, the Force goalie headed to SCSU, seemed to mind-wander at times.

per brad

Followthepuck.com named Sioux recruit Danny Mattson the state's No. 2 star of the week. Mattson was in on eight of Holy Angels' nine goals on the week. He had a five-point game (2G, 3A) in a 5-3 Holy Angels win over Hill-Murray on Tuesday and had a hat trick in a 4-2 win over Mount St. Charles Academy (R.I.) on Friday.

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Indiana - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

MATT WHITE - F - Des Moines - USHL

MICHAEL PARKS - F - St. Louis Selects - Midget

CORBAN KNIGHT - F - Okotoks Oilers - AJHL

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Winnipeg Wild - Midget

CARTER ROWNEY - F - Grand Prairie Storm - AJHL

carter is 4th in AJHL in scoring and knight is tied for 11th as a rookie. i see we have zero bchl recruits. just could be a matter of timing or maybe hak and company have gone away from that league as of now. who knows. welcome carter and i updated the list in the post above

In this article Corban Knight says he was told some players might turn pro this summer for the Sioux. Anyone know who?

http://www.highrivertimes.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1396455

You never know with a guy like Vande...also, maybe a guy like Frats or Gregoire? You just never know when the money is in front of them. Other than those 3, I don't see much chance of anyone leaving at all...and the ones I mentioned are slim in my opinion.