SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

I am hoping that we can get Haula. He looks very good to me. Fallstrom is good as well but has indeed committed to Harvard. Haula is only a junior.

Haula is a very good player, but I know that the coaches a little iffy on taking European players based on the Spirko situation. This might be a little different because he is already in the states, whereas Spirko wasn't before he came here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haula is a very good player, but I know that the coaches a little iffy on taking European players based on the Spirko situation. This might be a little different because he is already in the states, whereas Spirko wasn't before he came here.

Wasn't Spirko in the USHL b/4 the Sioux? I think he played for Tri City.

I wouldn't see how Spirko's situation would have turned Hak and Co. off of European players. Yes he left early, but so did a whole bunch of other players and the fact that he left b/c he family was in dire need of his financial support is commendable. The coaches may not go to Europe to recruit, but I don't think they would be against getting European players already in the US to commit, if they have what they are looking for.

I wouldn't see how Spirko's situation would have turned Hak and Co. off of European players. Yes he left early, but so did a whole bunch of other players and the fact that he left b/c he family was in dire need of his financial support is commendable. The coaches may not go to Europe to recruit, but I don't think they would be against getting European players already in the US to commit, if they have what they are looking for.

I'm just going by what I've heard from good sources. It doesn't rule out that a European player will never come here again, but I do know that they are a little hesitant on it.

I'm just going by what I've heard from good sources. It doesn't rule out that a European player will never come here again, but I do know that they are a little hesitant on it.

I think I would agree with that. North Dakota is a lot different than Europe.

I think I would agree with that. North Dakota is a lot different than Europe.

I wonder if Hak & Co. think it hurts the chemistry of the team at all. I think a lot of our team success is built off of chemistry, which is why we always make our run in the 2nd half. I'm not saying a guy from Europe couldn't come and fit in, but I wonder if it has any part in the back of their heads.

I think that's silly.

Teams like UNO, Miami, UAA, BC, Maine, Dartmouth, SCSU, and even UMN have had European players (not counting UND of course). With the exception of UMN (Vanek was never going to be a 4 year player.) and SCSU (Nodl was a surefire bolter too), they've largely worked out.

There's always a risk for an early defection, not just to the pros.

usa is right on with his words on recruiting certain players. remember he said they wouldnt be opposed to it but they also have to have a light bulb that pops up in regards to situations. spirko is one of the only euros we have taken in for a while. the ssm kid is a player so who knows. we have a grip load of recruits though for the next couple years....cant wait to see the forward crop next season and whoever is added in mattson or knight

danny mattson of holy angels 1 goal in 5-2 win tonight

forbort 1 goal, 1 assist in 4-2 win for duluth east

not sure if this is the same release as before but it was posted today on ajhl home site

knight

Okotoks Oilers GM/Head Coach, Dan MacDonald, stated

My scout predicts he will play in more than a handfull of games next year - he's going to push BE for playing time next year.

From what I have heard as well, he should be considered more than just the designated back-up. Could be he will be the back-up, but it's not automatic.

My scout predicts he will play in more than a handfull of games next year - he's going to push BE for playing time next year.

and thats great to have!! very nice to see what BE has turned into this season as well

Heh.

I can see the boards now: Back to the "dreaded" goalie rotation. :D

(Personally, I LOVED the goaltender rotation. Keeps everyone fresh).

it does keep them fresh but also isnt like they play 4-5 games a week like they do in juniors or pro leagues. i think anyone can handle playing 2 games per week at age 18-23. im pretty sure goalies can play every game and be just as succesful as a goalie that plays 1 game per week if you ran a friday/saturday rotation. i dont mind having a goalie though that can give you 8-12 games without dropping off skill wise and not worrying if the team will have to score more goals than normal. phil proved last year a goalie can roll every weekend and be fine overall.. either way its great to get this dell kid. sounds very good. like last year and this year, you can only have a rotation if you have the parts to do it with. GO SIOUX

bye weeks suck

I'm surprised some of the crap that goes on in Schlossman's comment section hasn't surfaced here lately.

Stuff like "BE only plays because he's drafted." (however, I wonder if that poster is Walski's relative... and no, I HIGHLY doubt it would be Walski himself. He seems like the ideal teammate, even if he doesn't play).

im gona guess that most of that crap isnt posted by sioux fans. it sucks as you can call yourself whatever you want on his blog and post. i wouldnt even think it was walskis family, no way. glad it doesnt exists here, you are the only one who has brought it here :D so ill blame you if it does now :lol::D

im gona guess that most of that crap isnt posted by sioux fans. it sucks as you can call yourself whatever you want on his blog and post. i wouldnt even think it was walskis family, no way. glad it doesnt exists here, you are the only one who has brought it here :D so ill blame you if it does now :lol::D

I should delete that post. In fact, I will. It was unfair of me to assume it was a relative of his.

Stupid of me and I'm feeling the shame.