SiouxSports.com Forum

I was told today

Fetch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tough challenge playing D in front of Briggs though. Good Luck Kyle.

I can't believe Kellin Briggs is going to be given an opportunity to play professional hockey.

Yikes they must be hard up.

I can't believe Kellin Briggs is going to be given an opportunity to play professional hockey.

Yikes they must be hard up.

i by no means am a briggs fan, but he was alot more solid and consistent than long island frazee was U of M, and he is getting a shot. i understand frazee may have more talent when his head is in the right place, but briggs is a solid goaltender.

i by no means am a briggs fan, but he was alot more solid and consistent than long island frazee was U of M, and he is getting a shot. i understand frazee may have more talent when his head is in the right place, but briggs is a solid goaltender.

Have to disagree with you on this one. Kellen "Five Hole" Briggs was one of the big reasons why the Gophers didn't three-peat in 2004, lost to UND in the 2005 National Semifinals and got beat by the #15 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament in Grand Forks in 2006. His performance in the 2006 Final Five Semifinal game against St. Cloud State was one of the worst I have ever seen by a goaltender at any level; it looked like he was in warm-ups. As a senior, he sat on the bench during the West Regional Final in 2007. He might have put up some decent numbers during the regular season, but once the playoffs started he was unreliable. I just don't see him making it at the next level.

I would love to see Kyle play in a league where he can drop the gloves.

I am going to miss seeing him play for the Sioux.

I'm just glad they are moving Kyle back to defense. He is a smooth skater and plays with an edge. He'll make the opposing forwards pay to get into the zone. I wish he would have been given more of a role in that sense in college.

Have to disagree with you on this one. Kellen "Five Hole" Briggs was one of the big reasons why the Gophers didn't three-peat in 2004, lost to UND in the 2005 National Semifinals and got beat by the #15 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament in Grand Forks in 2006. His performance in the 2006 Final Five Semifinal game against St. Cloud State was one of the worst I have ever seen by a goaltender at any level; it looked like he was in warm-ups. As a senior, he sat on the bench during the West Regional Final in 2007. He might have put up some decent numbers during the regular season, but once the playoffs started he was unreliable. I just don't see him making it at the next level.

Kellen Briggs was god awful and I wouldn't trade ANY of the last 3-4 fighting Sioux goaltenders for him. I always loved how the media in Minneapolis tried to paint Briggs as a great goaltender.

(Brandt, Lammy, Parise, heck even Sievebida)

He did play the full game versus Air Force at West Regionals in 2007. He sat the next day versus UND.

I'm just glad they are moving Kyle back to defense. He is a smooth skater and plays with an edge. He'll make the opposing forwards pay to get into the zone. I wish he would have been given more of a role in that sense in college.

Yeah well obviously he was not suited for that role in college. Radke is a goon type player and although I wish him well. He will never get past the ECHL level.

Kellen Briggs was god awful and I wouldn't trade ANY of the last 3-4 fighting Sioux goaltenders for him. I always loved how the media in Minneapolis tried to paint Briggs as a great goaltender.

(Brandt, Lammy, Parise, heck even Sievebida)

Briggs was indeed awful. I predicted Frazee to usurp him his freshman year but failed, though.

As for your claim, Goon, I'm not so stubborn to break my own rule of criticizing Sioux players as to say I would have happily traded the Gophers Josh Siembida for Kellen Briggs. I would also throw in Chris Fournier and Todd Alexander. :lol:

It is the ECHL for crying out loud. The players they sign are available to them for a reason. It's not like they chose Briggs over Martin Brodeur and Radke over Chris Pronger. They are picking from the leftovers of the leftovers, which both Briggs and Radke most certainly are. Giving someone the chance to play pro hockey is not the same as thinking they have any future in the NHL, since Briggs and Radke certainly do not. And since Briggs made the ECHL all-star team last year, Idaho probably didn't regret the signing, just as I hope they don't regret the Radke signing.

Surprising to see another thread on here that has nothing to do with the Gophers turn into a Gopher bash-fest ... the obsession continues. :silly:

Really?Who is trolling around a Sioux message board searching for a few isolated posts to attempt to verify this very old and tired argument? :lol: Is your ego so fragile that you need reinforcement that everyone bashes the Gophers to support your argument that everyone is obsessed with the Gophers because they are so important and they set the bar for college hockey? Get a life.

Like no one on Gopher Puke Live ever bashes the Sioux. The difference is that most Sioux fans don't run to GPL and announce it every time that happens. Don't you have a biased and crappy blog to write?

The difference is that most Sioux fans don't run to GPL and announce it every time that happens.

Even if they do, there's posts deleted, users banned, and whatever other admin tools are available to make it a generally crappy place to be for meaningful discussion. Back on topic...good for Radke.

Briggs was far from great, but he was good enough to win more games than any other WCHA goalie ever, all while playing for a team that was never known for its defense.

Besides, the minors are filled with marginal players. I say more power to anyone that gets paid to play. :lol:

Redwing_77 I dunno, that is pretty close.

I always loved how the FSN lead by Rug tried to paint Briggs a a good goalie. The guy folded like a cheap tent in pressure games.

The only reason Briggs played so much is that had no one else.

I always said you can't bring up sieves without mentioning Briggs.

Briggs was far from great, but he was good enough to win more games than any other WCHA goalie ever, all while playing for a team that was never known for its defense.

I think you would have set the record playing for those Gophers teams. He lost focus nearly every spring save for the weekend regional at Mariucci his freshmen year. That weekend he had no margin for error and raised hopes only to dash them in Columbus.

Surprising to see another thread on here that has nothing to do with the Gophers turn into a Gopher bash-fest ... the obsession continues. :lol:

Maybe it will spawn another tea party in your "house" where the folks can gather and gossip about "they're" talking about over at our "house".

Really?Who is trolling around a Sioux message board searching for a few isolated posts to attempt to verify this very old and tired argument? :lol: Is your ego so fragile that you need reinforcement that everyone bashes the Gophers to support your argument that everyone is obsessed with the Gophers because they are so important and they set the bar for college hockey? Get a life.

Like no one on Gopher Puke Live ever bashes the Sioux. The difference is that most Sioux fans don't run to GPL and announce it every time that happens. Don't you have a biased and crappy blog to write?

You have to admit alot of topics start out Sioux related but turn into a Gopher thread. Some Sioux posters here even complain about it.