SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Sac St. actually has both Oct 16 & Nov 20 open. It would be good to get a series going against a Big Sky team & obviously the Wanless connection could help. I'm guessing since UND has 5 home & 5 away games schedule, we'd really like to get that 6th home game.

If we can get a home and home with them for '10 and '11, then I would be willing to go to there place next season with them returning the favor in '11. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

• 2 weeks later...
It sounds like we may have a 10-game schedule next year: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/144195/

Before everybody freaks out about this, let's think about it. The 11th game would have to be on Nov. 20th because they have a nice break setup in the middle of Oct. that will work perfect for a Bye week. Since we are in the transition the odds are very good that we are going to have to travel somewhere on that last weekend. The only way it makes sense and makes the game worth it is if we get a Home/Home with that team. If not, whats the point?

If BF can come up with a FCS team that will do a Home/Home then I am all for it. If not, stick with our 5 home games we already got and play it out. Plus, our Road Schedule is tougher than hell....Idaho, Northern Illinois, USD, Poly, Montana. WOW, that is a ball buster road schedule.

FWIW, South Dakota only played 10 games this year, their season was over 2 weeks earlier than ours.

Before everybody freaks out about this, let's think about it. The 11th game would have to be on Nov. 20th because they have a nice break setup in the middle of Oct. that will work perfect for a Bye week. Since we are in the transition the odds are very good that we are going to have to travel somewhere on that last weekend. The only way it makes sense and makes the game worth it is if we get a Home/Home with that team. If not, whats the point?

If BF can come up with a FCS team that will do a Home/Home then I am all for it. If not, stick with our 5 home games we already got and play it out. Plus, our Road Schedule is tougher than hell....Idaho, Northern Illinois, USD, Poly, Montana. WOW, that is a ball buster road schedule.

FWIW, South Dakota only played 10 games this year, their season was over 2 weeks earlier than ours.

I think that makes sense. Totally agree it needs to be a home-and-home, maybe with a transitional the Saturday after Thanksgiving would be another option.

I don't have a huge problem with a 10-game schedule next year, although I think a lot of people would like to see if a home-and-home with either Sac. State or South Alabama could be worked out. If not, so be it.

Why not move the UND-USD to a post Thanksgiving spot. Makes a huge rivalry game at the end of the season, and more importantly gives the couple extra weeks of practice. Perhaps the other Great West schools are opposed to that.

The big problem with a 10 game schedule in my opinion is that it is an opportunity lost. A game of experience for the players, a revenue opportunity and an exposure opportunity (more content for FCS or an appearance on the road where we can make people aware of our team and school).

Why not move the UND-USD to a post Thanksgiving spot. Makes a huge rivalry game at the end of the season, and more importantly gives the couple extra weeks of practice. Perhaps the other Great West schools are opposed to that.

The big problem with a 10 game schedule in my opinion is that it is an opportunity lost. A game of experience for the players, a revenue opportunity and an exposure opportunity (more content for FCS or an appearance on the road where we can make people aware of our team and school).

This is one thing that surprises me with the Great West and our scheduling. Both of us are transitional so it would be nice to end season late with them. The only thing I can come up with is that its tougher to schedule in middle of season while everyone else is in conference play.

Rumor in South Alabama is that USD will now play USA, possibly in late November. That would eliminate both as a late-season game. USD probably wouldn't want the game that late, as football attendance generally drops off then and students would be gone.

Totally agree with the 10-game schedule - need a late November game.

This is one thing that surprises me with the Great West and our scheduling. Both of us are transitional so it would be nice to end season late with them. The only thing I can come up with is that its tougher to schedule in middle of season while everyone else is in conference play.

Might be possible that USD wants to change the DakotaDome over to basketball before Thanksgiving and not change it back. I believe they've already had to play basketball games in a high school gym the last couple years because the football team wasn't finished with the DD.

It would be ideal to find a home and home, but why not try for a one time game at South Dakota State? I know it's a road game, but it's close and many Sioux fans would have the opportunity to go to Brookings. The game would also generate quite a buzz. I don't know how interested SDSU is but I would hope UND would be contacting SDSU to gauge interest...

It would be ideal to find a home and home, but why not try for a one time game at South Dakota State? I know it's a road game, but it's close and many Sioux fans would have the opportunity to go to Brookings. The game would also generate quite a buzz. I don't know how interested SDSU is but I would hope UND would be contacting SDSU to gauge interest...

The only date that would work for an SDSU/UND game is Nov 20, and I think SDSU plans to keep that date open to heal up and prep for playoffs(many playoff likely MVFC schools choose to do that from what I understand). SDSU's two open dates are Sept 4 and 11(the Delaware contract was cancelled), and you guys are playing Idaho and NIU those weekends. Looks like a no-go.

Looks as if South Alabama is satisfied with a ten-game schedule with neither UND nor USD. The only FCS teams they will face are UC-Davis, Lamar, and Georgia State.

USA schedule

Wow, that really screams for a phone call from Faison I think. Get a home game for us this year in late November, and USA gets the extra several weeks of practice, then we go down there the next year, again in late November and USA doesn't have to pay a big guarantee for a game, which as an FBS they will have to start doing.

Wow, that really screams for a phone call from Faison I think. Get a home game for us this year in late November, and USA gets the extra several weeks of practice, then we go down there the next year, again in late November and USA doesn't have to pay a big guarantee for a game, which as an FBS they will have to start doing.

Based on an earlier report, Faison and Erdman had been in contact about a game. IMHO, ideally if the first of a hom and home was Thanksgiving weekend in Mobile it would be like a bowl game for UND. Both teams would then get two more weeks of practice. Not sure why this game didn't happen. USA is traveling to UC-Davis, but not sure if it was a 1 and 1 or if UC-Davis gave USA a large quarantee for a single game.

For you FIghting Sioux,

here is a disturbing chat I had via email at this site with one of your rivals from NDSU. I have a feeling you have had this fool bash your site before, but he will not deter me or any other Red Raider fan from showing support for you guys. ttpilk645:

QUOTE from Lakebison (the fool from NDSU):

are you fuckin high? seriously. you are on a UND board from TEXAS TECH?

maybe they will point those guns at you down in lubbock, what a total TOOL.

UND lost to a NAIA team and was down 17-3 to a 2-6 NAIA team. TEXAS TECH should be thoroughly embarassed that they only won by 25.

good grief man, lay down the crack pipe.

Reply by ttpilk645 (me):

Noooo. I'm not f----g high. I feel the UND faithful, for the most part, are a great group of fans and the team is making good headway in becoming competitive a D-1A football team. I will continue to follow them. And don't look now, but several other Red Raider fans feel the same and have visited the Fighting Sioux site. Here is hoping we get to meet once again somewhere down the road.

Re:Reply Lakebison (the fool from NDSU):

from Im not from UND, Im from NDSU, DUH.

what a joke, you are clueless. have a good life

cya

Re:Re:Reply from ttpilk645 (me):

Lakesbison,

I am well aware you are not a UND fan, because none of them are as STUPID and arrogant as are you. You must have noticed, if you are at all sane, that I never called you a UND fan or insuated anything of the like. So, take a flying leap and cram it in your dumb-ass ear. Then go to confessional, or whatever you do there and try to get right with God, because you must be ALL wrong now. And, in speaking for the Fighting Sioux, I say get off of their boards and quit harassing those who are actually interested in UND.

For you FIghting Sioux,

here is a disturbing chat I had via email at this site with one of your rivals from NDSU. I have a feeling you have had this fool bash your site before, but he will not deter me or any other Red Raider fan from showing support for you guys. ttpilk645:

UND lost to a NAIA team and was down 17-3 to a 2-6 NAIA team. TEXAS TECH should be thoroughly embarassed that they only won by 25.

Reply by ttpilk645 (me):

Noooo. I'm not f----g high. I feel the UND faithful, for the most part, are a great group of fans and the team is making good headway in becoming competitive a D-1A football team. I will continue to follow them. And don't look now, but several other Red Raider fans feel the same and have visited the Fighting Sioux site. Here is hoping we get to meet once again somewhere down the road.

cya

Lakesbison,

I am well aware you are not a UND fan, because none of them are as STUPID and arrogant as are you. You must have noticed, if you are at all sane, that I never called you a UND fan or insuated anything of the like. So, take a flying leap and cram it in your dumb-ass ear. Then go to confessional, or whatever you do there and try to get right with God, because you must be ALL wrong now. And, in speaking for the Fighting Sioux, I say get off of their boards and quit harassing those who are actually interested in UND.

You have it figured it out pretty well I would say. He is hands down the most obnoxious, embarrassing "fan" of a team that I have ever seen. I know some Bison fans are embarrassed by his actions but they pretty much tolerate him for some reason. He makes their fan base look terrible on every forum he enters, and any blog that relates to UND.

Just leave him alone and he will eventually go away, for awhile.

You have it figured it out pretty well I would say. He is hands down the most obnoxious, embarrassing "fan" of a team that I have ever seen. I know some Bison fans are embarrassed by his actions but they pretty much tolerate him for some reason. He makes their fan base look terrible on every forum he enters, and any blog that relates to UND.

Just leave him alone and he will eventually go away, for awhile.

Cutting and pasting comments into the Areavoices blogs, harassing users via PM's and e-mails, racial slurs under different aliases, pot shots at recruits who are 18 year old kids...they are quite the classy bunch.

Cutting and pasting comments into the Areavoices blogs, harassing users via PM's and e-mails, racial slurs under different aliases, pot shots at recruits who are 18 year old kids...they are quite the classy bunch.

Ouch! Saying "THEY are quite the classy bunch" is a real unfair linking of NDSU fans with the fool LakesBison, a guy who clearly has psychological problems.

Note how the Texas Tech fan immediately and accurately sized up Lakes.

For you FIghting Sioux,

Reply by ttpilk645 (me):

cya

Lakesbison,

Sorry you had to deal with him just because you visited this site. You have pretty much pegged our occasional visitor and constant hater. He may cause more problems for his favorite school than anyone that actually works or goes to school there, at least with fans from other schools. When they play a new team in football or basketball he often goes to the fan site for that school just to start trouble. His lack of class, lack of tact, questionable hold on reality and possible lack of intelligence reflect very poorly on our neighbors to the south. Luckily, not all fans of that school are nearly as bad as he is. He does have a few friends that occasionally join in his tirades. Many people learn to just laugh at them as they play the fool.

Ouch! Saying "THEY are quite the classy bunch" is a real unfair linking of NDSU fans with the fool LakesBison, a guy who clearly has psychological problems.

Note how the Texas Tech fan immediately and accurately sized up Lakes.

He may be the poster boy for obnoxious fan behavior -- or maybe unmet mental health needs -- but LakesBison has friends. You need to do a little review of some of the classless, anti-UND comments posted here, on newspaper blogs and at Bison fan sites; they don't all originate with this nut case. Shawn O's got it pegged.

South Dakota 2010 Football Schedule

Sep. 4: @ Central Florida

Sept. 11: @ Minnesota

Sept. 18: Northwestern Oklahoma State

Sept. 25: @ North Dakota State

Oct. 2: North Dakota (Dakota Days)

Oct. 9: @ UC Davis

Oct. 16: Northern Iowa

Oct. 23: @ Southern Utah

Oct. 30: Northern Colorado

Nov. 6: Cal Poly

Nov. 13: @ Lamar

pretty good home schedule here for USD

South Dakota 2010 Football Schedule

Sep. 4: @ Central Florida

Sept. 11: @ Minnesota

Sept. 18: Northwestern Oklahoma State

Sept. 25: @ North Dakota State

Oct. 2: North Dakota (Dakota Days)

Oct. 9: @ UC Davis

Oct. 16: Northern Iowa

Oct. 23: @ Southern Utah

Oct. 30: Northern Colorado

Nov. 6: Cal Poly

Nov. 13: @ Lamar

pretty good home schedule here for USD

That is a great schedule - home and away!!!