SiouxSports.com Forum

Stroup

teamsioux

With Stroup done, and Bodoh's injury situation being uncertain at best, the weakside OLB position is looking like a problem. Besides Giles, who else is there? I assume red-shirt freshmen, although I have no idea who else practiced at the position this spring.

During Spring Ball, Coach Mussman indicated that Dan Hendrickson had really stepped up and elevated his game. He's only a redshirt freshman, but maybe he deserves a chance.

Last season I had some conversations with a Sioux player regarding Stroup. I was told that many of the players felt that he was an extremely talented player but where concerned that he was somewhat of a "loose cannon" whose behavior was eventually going the get him in trouble if he didn't learn how to control himself.

Apparently Coach Lennon had several discussions with Stroup about his off field issues, and had put Bobby on a very short leash as a result.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burglary, fleeing, terrorizing, assualt, where's the 30 pages of outrage and dissapointment? Where's the story in USA Today? How about a mugshot on WDAZ every day for the next week, come on Cassie you're slippin' here. Other student athletes have "minor" scrapes with law enforcement and are scrutinized much more. What a joke. No response from sicatoka? Time to put your money where your mouth is. I guess maybe it's all ok, he's only a football player. :glare:

Burglary, fleeing, terrorizing, assualt, where's the 30 pages of outrage and dissapointment? Where's the story in USA Today? How about a mugshot on WDAZ every day for the next week, come on Cassie you're slippin' here. Other student athletes have "minor" scrapes with law enforcement and are scrutinized much more. What a joke. No response from sicatoka? Time to put your money where your mouth is. I guess maybe it's all ok, he's only a football player. :glare:

Agreed - the stations do not report the news rather they do their best to "create" the news.

If he wants to stay in the state of ND and play at the top level of NCAA playoff football, maybe he should consider a transfer to NDSU?

IF you are serious, keep in mind that he has two years of eligibility remaining and would have to sit out a year if he transfers to a school in the same division. He could go DII or lower and still play two years.

A GENERAL STATEMENT: It is obvious that Bobby has some issues...please keep in mind that he is more than likely going through a very tough time right now so please keep this in mind when commenting about this young man. I just hope that he can find his way in life with or without football.

Apparently you didn't watch WDAZ last night Triouxp. They went through all of his charges.

Mussman cut him loose and he's got a long list to deal with down at the court house.

T'ain't much more to say.

The question that should be asked is:

Why was none of this in the public eye before it got to this?

IF you are serious, keep in mind that he has two years of eligibility remaining and would have to sit out a year if he transfers to a school in the same division. He could go DII or lower and still play two years.

A GENERAL STATEMENT: It is obvious that Bobby has some issues...please keep in mind that he is more than likely going through a very tough time right now so please keep this in mind when commenting about this young man. I just hope that he can find his way in life with or without football.

I agree completely with the GENERAL STATEMENT. He's still a young man, and I'm sure that he and his family are going through tough times right now. I am friends with his dad, who is a very good guy, and I know that this is very difficult. If you would not add your true name to a comment about Bobby Stroup, please don't do so anonymously.

I agree completely with the GENERAL STATEMENT. He's still a young man, and I'm sure that he and his family are going through tough times right now. I am friends with his dad, who is a very good guy, and I know that this is very difficult. If you would not add your true name to a comment about Bobby Stroup, please don't do so anonymously.

I don't know who you think should Identify themselves, but I am sure most wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Mussman cut him loose and he's got a long list to deal with down at the court house.

T'ain't much more to say.

The question that should be asked is:

Why was none of this in the public eye before it got to this?

Time Line for Stroup as posted by Hammersmith over at Bisonville

02 Dec 2005: Arrested for criminal mischief; case dismissed

18 Jun 2007: Arrested for disorderly conduct; 2yrs probation + community service

12 Jan 2008: Arrested for fleeing on foot; 1yr probation + community service

05 Apr 2008: Arrested for simple assault; case open

01 May 2008: Stroup failed to appear for the assault case; warrant issued for arrest

02 May 2008: Arrested for burglary, terrorizing, and fleeing on foot; case open

Bet he will get off fairly easy then.... I remember back when i was in high school, a person in my class didnt even have there lisense yet and rolled over her friends car, she was drunk, 15 years old and fled the scene only to be found within a half hour.... her charge? a simple minor in consumpion.... her dad is a lawyer back in my hometown of edina.

Bet he will get off fairly easy then.... I remember back when i was in high school, a person in my class didnt even have there lisense yet and rolled over her friends car, she was drunk, 15 years old and fled the scene only to be found within a half hour.... her charge? a simple minor in consumpion.... her dad is a lawyer back in my hometown of edina.

Perhaps, as has been pointed out, we should keep our eyes on the big picture; this is a young man -- a young man -- who now faces some serious legal problems and some very difficult life issues. Hopefully, he can pull out of what appears to be a downward spiral. All the Sioux-Bison and who's-your-daddy crap pales in comparison.

As to why these incidents weren't public knowledge previously, it's hard to say. The '05 issue appears to have become a non-issue. Can't tell where the '07 issue occurred, based on the info here, but it may have been out of the area given that it was summer. Beyond that, it looks like a good question for the Grand Forks media, where ambition and enterprise often appear to be in short supply.

Perhaps, as has been pointed out, we should keep our eyes on the big picture; this is a young man -- a young man -- who now faces some serious legal problems and some very difficult life issues. Hopefully, he can pull out of what appears to be a downward spiral. All the Sioux-Bison and who's-your-daddy crap pales in comparison.

As to why these incidents weren't public knowledge previously, it's hard to say. The '05 issue appears to have become a non-issue. Can't tell where the '07 issue occurred, based on the info here, but it may have been out of the area given that it was summer. Beyond that, it looks like a good question for the Grand Forks media, where ambition and enterprise often appear to be in short supply.

Thank you for pointing that out....you all seem to be wanting to throw Bobby under the bus right now and I realize that he has made some SERIOUS mistakes and he does deserve to serve time for that. He is also someone who has perhaps been sat down and talked to about his attitude, but also grown up in a culture where athletes do a lot of dumb things and don't get in trouble for it either at all or very little. We have conflicting situations there and that needs to be addressed before we have more athletes who go down like this, especially with more and more pro athletes getting into trouble.

Thank you for pointing that out....you all seem to be wanting to throw Bobby under the bus right now and I realize that he has made some SERIOUS mistakes and he does deserve to serve time for that. He is also someone who has perhaps been sat down and talked to about his attitude, but also grown up in a culture where athletes do a lot of dumb things and don't get in trouble for it either at all or very little. We have conflicting situations there and that needs to be addressed before we have more athletes who go down like this, especially with more and more pro athletes getting into trouble.

I understand your point of view, but most athletes are in these situations and don't manage to do all the stupid crap he did. UND certainly has players on the the team far more valuble than Bobby, and yet they aren't going around doing stupid crap and thinking they are untouchable.