SiouxSports.com Forum

Stroup

teamsioux

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in my earlier post, apparently when Coach Lennon was still here he had several discussions with Bobby about his off field conduct. That aside, there is no excuse for what Bobby did. We are not talking about some poorly educated 13 year old with a bad family upbringing here, this is an adult who is attending college, and comes from a family with well respected parents. He made a deliberate desicion to do what he did, and he should be held accountable for those actions. Blaming the system for "allowing" him to behave badly is ridiculous.

Mr Stroup will have to pay for what he has done. Once he gets that behind him I hope he learns from his mistakes. If he changes his attitude I hope that a coach somewhere will take a chance on him and give him an opportunity to play again.

He was an exciting and very intense player who I enjoyed watching very much, but he has brought shame to the program here and must move on.

IF you are serious, keep in mind that he has two years of eligibility remaining and would have to sit out a year if he transfers to a school in the same division. He could go DII or lower and still play two years.

A GENERAL STATEMENT: It is obvious that Bobby has some issues...please keep in mind that he is more than likely going through a very tough time right now so please keep this in mind when commenting about this young man. I just hope that he can find his way in life with or without football.

Yeah, Stroup is going through a very tough time right now. Of course, it's not as tough of a time as the person that he was Assaulting/Terrorizing is going through.

I understand your point of view, but most athletes are in these situations and don't manage to do all the stupid crap he did. UND certainly has players on the the team far more valuble than Bobby, and yet they aren't going around doing stupid crap and thinking they are untouchable.

I know a lot of athletes who do stupid things because they are athletes in small towns and do get away with it. I am excusing what he did, just pointing out that that is the culture that North Dakota has with athletes. I agree with you of sending thoughts out to the other person involved in it.

I know a lot of athletes who do stupid things because they are athletes in small towns and do get away with it. I am excusing what he did, just pointing out that that is the culture that North Dakota has with athletes. I agree with you of sending thoughts out to the other person involved in it.

It's not just small towns in ND that have this problem. I have coached in ND, TX, and WA and the same thing occurs almost everyplace, but athletes need to be responsible for themselves. Many athletes do police themselves and do the right things and some don't, but even if the enviroment is flawed, athletes can and often do choose the right path. I have no simpathy for those who don't control themselves. The tough thing is that once the power has been given over to the HS athletes it very difficult to change the situation back in that particular community.

As a person who coaches, I would much rather lose with good kids than win with bad kids. The thing is, you very rarely will lose with a group of good kids because those are the teams that usually play well together.

• 1 month later...
Stroup reached a plea agreement. Plead guilty to disorderly conduct and fleeing, the rest of the charges were dropped. He'll spend 2 weekends in jail and perform 110 hours of community service.

WDAZ Video

Based on the info that was released in the media on his current situation/troubles, I would say he got a good deal in this plea agreement. Now hopefully he can pay his debt based on the agreement and move forward in a postitve fashion.

Sounds like he got off with essentially a little slap on the wrist. For physically assaulting somebody and pulling a knife on somebody they should have locked him up and thrown away the key. I don't think the punishment is severe enough for him to learn anything from it.

Back in pads in 2009?

Maybe he'll resurface in the green and gold. :D

Don't think so... even if he did it would be as the 4th stringer behind Roehl, Paschall, and DJ McNorton. He'd be fighting it out with Horner. Maybe some time on special teams. :D sorry had to say it

I do agree he got off easy considering he pulled a knife on someone.

Don't think so... even if he did it would be as the 4th stringer behind Roehl, Paschall, and DJ McNorton. He'd be fighting it out with Horner. Maybe some time on special teams. :D sorry had to say it

I do agree he got off easy considering he pulled a knife on someone.

The Internet....It doesn't make you stupid. It just makes your stupidity more accessible to others. :D