SiouxSports.com Forum

Roadtrip planning for 2008-2009 season

01grad

TRIP TO HOUGHTON .. YEAR 2

Planning the trip back to Houghton and the Hancock area. Looking to see if anyone's interested in driving over with the rat-pack from last year. Leave at 6:00 a.m. on Friday morning and drive straight through to Michigan Tech. If interested contact me at 360-722-1784 or leave me a message on siouxsports mail. No Al Pearson bus this time but the Fighting Sioux still need the support in the hostile confines of Houghton Arena. Travel weather looks clear at this point too.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning the trip back to Houghton and the Hancock area. Looking to see if anyone's interested in driving over with the rat-pack from last year. Leave at 6:00 a.m. on Friday morning and drive straight through to Michigan Tech. If interested contact me at 360-722-1784 or leave me a message on siouxsports mail. No Al Pearson bus this time but the Fighting Sioux still need the support in the hostile confines of Houghton Arena. Travel weather looks clear at this point too.

Al's remaining bus trips are to St. Cloud and Wisconsin. I'm sure we'll hear him on the radio promoting them. Houghton is a great trip, especially if you can sleep through all 10-12 hours while someone else drives.

I guess your going to have to hold down the fort for us. Houghton is a must attend on my future trips.

Sounds like fun, wish I could go!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at making reservations in the Cities for the final five. Where is everyone staying at? I already looked at the Best Western Bandana Square and it was full. This is my first year going, thanks for the help.

maybe I was dreaming but I thought I saw on one of threads here awhile back that UND or someone was looking into to doing a charter for the AA series, what ever happened to that? like I said maybe I was dreaming.

That one has got to be spendy... Yikes...

That one has got to be spendy... Yikes...

The ferry only goes to Juneau on Thursdays and Saturdays, so for me to go to Anchorage

Seaplane to Juneau 390.00 round trip

Alaska Airlines to Anchorage 390.50 round trip

I'm coming home for the Final Five

Ferry to Juneau round trip 70.00

Alaska Airlines to Mpls 794.00

I'm in Alaska and can't go to the Anchorage series.

The ferry only goes to Juneau on Thursdays and Saturdays, so for me to go to Anchorage

Seaplane to Juneau 390.00 round trip

Alaska Airlines to Anchorage 390.50 round trip

I'm coming home for the Final Five

Ferry to Juneau round trip 70.00

Alaska Airlines to Mpls

It would be awesome to see the Sioux play at I believe it is Sullivan arena....However cost is going to keep most everyone away! I have been to Alaska once and this time of the year is not the time to visit. Go in June when you can read the paper at 3 in the morning...never gets totally dark!!

It would be awesome to see the Sioux play at I believe it is Sullivan arena....However cost is going to keep most everyone away! I have been to Alaska once and this time of the year is not the time to visit. Go in June when you can read the paper at 3 in the morning...never gets totally dark!!

Siouxmama and I (and our peeps) went to the Anchorage series a couple of years ago. It was fun. I'm in SE Alaska and will be here through July! Gonna catch me some salmon, halibut and I'm going to mingle with (run like hell from)the bear. There are more bear on this island than anywhere in Alaska (the world?). Anyway, I'm gonna enjoy my stay!

Siouxmama and I (and our peeps) went to the Anchorage series a couple of years ago. It was fun. I'm in SE Alaska and will be here through July! Gonna catch me some salmon, halibut and I'm going to mingle with (run like hell from)the bear. There are more bear on this island than anywhere in Alaska (the world?). Anyway, I'm gonna enjoy my stay!

Cool!! Bears are awesome!! Bears are great! The most majestic creatures on earth...or at least in North America!!

I'm looking at making reservations in the Cities for the final five. Where is everyone staying at? I already looked at the Best Western Bandana Square and it was full. This is my first year going, thanks for the help.

There's some info from last years F5 here that might be of help.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=9885

Holiday Inn right across from the Xcel Engery Center. Stumbling distance away.

I'm suprised no one has brought this up in Sioux Nation!! The volcano near UAA may erupt soon which would cause a cancellation in the games between the Sioux and Seawolves and who ever else they play. This would be bad for us if we continue to make a push for the WCHA title and NCAA play-off birth.

Would there be any plans to make this game up? I don't think so because we have no weekends left except this coming one.

Here's story that Kare11 ran Tuesday on the SCSU Huskies trip to Alaska this coming weekend! Let's hope the Sioxu don't have to worry about this too.

http://www.kare11.com/sports/sports_articl...69&catid=24

I'm suprised no one has brought this up in Sioux Nation!! The volcano near UAA may erupt soon which would cause a cancellation in the games between the Sioux and Seawolves and who ever else they play. This would be bad for us if we continue to make a push for the WCHA title and NCAA play-off birth.

Would there be any plans to make this game up? I don't think so because we have no weekends left except this coming one.

Here's story that Kare11 ran Tuesday on the SCSU Huskies trip to Alaska this coming weekend! Let's hope the Sioxu don't have to worry about this too.

wonder if they would play them at the Ralph and consider them aa homes games and give aa the gate receipts?

wonder if they would play them at the Ralph and consider them aa homes games and give aa the gate receipts?

That would great....but you how would you get the Seawolves down to Grand Forks? The volcano could shut down the city for weeks. I just hope it doesn't happen either way!!!

Yeah we're just waiting for her to make up her mind. There's been an increase in earthquake activity on mainland Alaska and tremors from the volcano. I'm in a good place on an island (Admiralty Island)behind two other islands (Baronaoff and Chichagof), so the potential for damage here from a follow up tsunami isn't of too great a concern. My house is 50-75 feet from the beach facing west, so even though the natives aren't worried, I do have a little bit of unease. There are serveral houses built on the beach and cliff, so if the water goes too high, they may be lost. My biggest concern is the vog (volcanic smog). Remember how overcast it was in ND afrer Mt. St. Helene blew. I can't imagine how bad it will get here when and if Redoubt blows!

You can watch her on web cam....when it's clear.

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/webcam/webcam.ph...edoubt%20-%20CI