SiouxSports.com Forum

Roadtrip planning for 2008-2009 season

01grad

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not quite sure. My brother said last year that alot of sioux fans were in that area.

Where is everyone staying at in Mankato? And where are some fun places to go before/after the games?

Holiday Inn and Hilton Garden Inn are right next to the arena and bars/restaurants. The Best Western is a drive, but usually Sioux fans there and I believe the teams stays there.

You will see Sioux fans everywhere by the arena. Popular options before the game are Buffalo Wild Wings and Bluebricks. After, those places are fun, and if you are young, there is a club called "The Haze" that seems popular. There is a gentlemans club named Metlers, and a place like Suite 49 called "Pub 500" that is good for a postgame drink and app. All of these places are around the arena. Just walk around and look for the green and white and say "Go Sioux!".

Chevy's in Mankato Usually has a taco bar and 2 for one beers on Friday is next to the Holiday Inn and by the Arena. Looking forward to the games in Mankato . Have tickets for both nights. It is always a fun time when I go to Mankato for Sioux games. Tickets in 106 and 305 for Friday and 301 on Saturday.

Holiday Inn and Hilton Garden Inn are right next to the arena and bars/restaurants. The Best Western is a drive, but usually Sioux fans there and I believe the teams stays there.

You will see Sioux fans everywhere by the arena. Popular options before the game are Buffalo Wild Wings and Bluebricks. After, those places are fun, and if you are young, there is a club called "The Haze" that seems popular. There is a gentlemans club named Metlers, and a place like Suite 49 called "Pub 500" that is good for a postgame drink and app. All of these places are around the arena. Just walk around and look for the green and white and say "Go Sioux!".

THANKS!!

• 1 month later...

We're staying at the Raddison again this year. That is also where the team stayed last year. They have a walk way that connects right to the DECC arena so you don't have to go outside. A few blocks away there are a lot of places to eat. We like the Green Mill down near the water.

Won't be in Duluth, but will be in Fargo over the weekend.

Wondering about a good bar with many Sioux fans in Fargo?

I know the Buffalo Wild Wings by the airport gets the games, but last time I was there for a game (last year) it seemed like I was the only Sioux fan there. I had to practically argue with them to keep the game on when Ultimate Fighting came on. Anything better in Fargo?

Won't be in Duluth, but will be in Fargo over the weekend.

Wondering about a good bar with many Sioux fans in Fargo?

I know the Buffalo Wild Wings by the airport gets the games, but last time I was there for a game (last year) it seemed like I was the only Sioux fan there. I had to practically argue with them to keep the game on when Ultimate Fighting came on. Anything better in Fargo?

I've gone to the Northside BDubbs for Sioux hockey games too, and it really does kind of suck! That's because it's right by NDSU. Sorry I can't help you out on that, but if I hear of anything, I'll be sure to post something.

• 4 weeks later...
I had to dust this topic off and revive it for a question:

Does anyone know if Al Pearson is planning a bus trip to Michigan Tech again this year? It's coming up soon in the middle of January.

Any information would be appreciated.

My husband talked to him yesterday and he said they were planning for Bemidji, St. Cloud and Wisconsin. Doesn't remember a mention of Mich Tech.

I didn't realize that MTU is only about 7 hours from the St. Cloud area. I think we might make the trip in January to see the Sioux play MTU. Do you think we'll have a tough time getting tickets if wait until the week of the game to decide if we're going for sure?

I didn't realize that MTU is only about 7 hours from the St. Cloud area. I think we might make the trip in January to see the Sioux play MTU. Do you think we'll have a tough time getting tickets if wait until the week of the game to decide if we're going for sure?

We went last year and ordered our tickets early. However, there were plenty of empty seats. Some Sioux fans sat in the student section. MTU was doing much better at that time last year than they are doing this year. I would expect that your main competition would be other Sioux fans. Make dang sure that you have good tires on your vehicle, and 4-wheel drive might be a stress reliever. They have one way streets and some steep hills that can be a challenge in the winter. They average about 240" of snow per year.

Thanks for the advice. We'll take the Explorer instead of the car. I was thinking about their poor record too and wonder what kind of a following they get . We'll order them before we go weather permitting. We will do a weather.com search before we go . Thanks again.

Thanks... good to know. I've got a 3 day weekend and can take that Friday off so that would be a fun trip. I could then add the state of Michigan on to my list of states I've been to. 42 so far and my goal is 50 before 50. Only 3 years to go!

Make dang sure that you have good tires on your vehicle, and 4-wheel drive might be a stress reliever. They have one way streets and some steep hills that can be a challenge in the winter. They average about 240" of snow per year.

Ditto to this! We tried to drive from GF to Houghton a few years back and ended up stuck in Ironwood because the roads were so bad (where we couldn't find the game on a TV anywhere! :D )

• 4 weeks later...

Oh how I wish I could go to Houghton this year! I've gone for the last few years and it's my 2nd favorite place to go! I was planning on going again, but family events have gotten in the way this year so I can't go. But I hope everyone who does get to go has a lot of fun, I'm sure you will!!!

Oh how I wish I could go to Houghton this year! I've gone for the last few years and it's my 2nd favorite place to go! I was planning on going again, but family events have gotten in the way this year so I can't go. But I hope everyone who does get to go has a lot of fun, I'm sure you will!!!

For those that are going, hit up the Ambassador. Also, drive carefully and have fun!