SiouxSports.com Forum

Roadtrip planning for 2008-2009 season

01grad

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some ticket update info:

Single game tickets at Bemidji State are not yet up for sale. They will take your name and put it on a list and give you a call when the tickets do go on sale. The telephone number is 877-3HOCKEY. I talked to Pam.

UMD tickets for the Duluth series go on sale Monday at 10 am on Ticketmaster.

Just got my Duluth tickets on Ticketmaster. Balcony center ice (Section 15) on Friday night. Saturday night only tickets on the corner were available.

Any good suggestions on where to stay in Duluth (or Superior) for the UND/UMD series?

Last year we stayed at the Raddison which is also where the players stayed. It's all connected by tunnels from there to the hockey arena. The pool wasn't great but we were there to watch hockey and it was our 100th day of marriage. :)

That day also marked Hak's 100th win the same day. Pretty cool. When we were walking through the tunnels to that game we met the coaches walking there too talking shop. Staying downtown near the game is nice to bar hop afterwards.

Any good suggestions on where to stay in Duluth (or Superior) for the UND/UMD series?

I would try Priceline (of course....). Right now, it looks like the Radisson and Holiday Inn downtown are sold out for that weekend. The Duluth Sheraton is going for $149 right now. In the past it has gone for $50/night when listed at $149 per their website. It has also gone up to $75 (listed at $249). Start at 3* $50 and work your way up. The Sheraton is a bit further from the DECC, but it's new, and also on the skywalk system...and definitly walkable. I'd stay away from Inferior unless desperate.

"In Bob I Trust." Last year you were right on for us with Price Line for the Regional in Madison and it was great. It's worth it to explore the priceline route first before you book. Glad we did. Thanks Bob, hope to see you at a game this year!

I would try Priceline (of course....). Right now, it looks like the Radisson and Holiday Inn downtown are sold out for that weekend. The Duluth Sheraton is going for $149 right now. In the past it has gone for $50/night when listed at $149 per their website. It has also gone up to $75 (listed at $249). Start at 3* $50 and work your way up. The Sheraton is a bit further from the DECC, but it's new, and also on the skywalk system...and definitly walkable. I'd stay away from Inferior unless desperate.

Just a heads up for people looking for rooms in Duluth, since I live here:

Apparently there is a Pre-Christmas Festival or something of that nature going on that weekend of the hockey series. That's what the lady told me at The Inn on Lake Superior when I was checking on rooms for my parents. The Suites(formerly The Hawthorne Suites) and The Inn on Lake Superior were both sold out for that weekend already. My sister got a room at Best Western for $72 with a coupon I found. That's about 6 blocks from the arena.

Where are everyone's tickets for Mankato? I thought I remembered the visiting section being around 101/201/102/202 so that's where I got mine. I hope that's right.

The last time I was in Mankato, I was threatened by a hillbilly for making fun of the Landcows. Nothing says good father like swearing at an opposing fan in front of your three year old son.

It's great how Ticketmaster doesn't have a seating chart for hockey. The major event that the Alltel Center hosts and they don't have a seating chart for it. What a bunch of hicks.

Where are everyone's tickets for Mankato? I thought I remembered the visiting section being around 101/201/102/202 so that's where I got mine. I hope that's right.

The last time I was in Mankato, I was threatened by a hillbilly for making fun of the Landcows. Nothing says good father like swearing at an opposing fan in front of your three year old son.

It's great how Ticketmaster doesn't have a seating chart for hockey. The major event that the Alltel Center hosts and they don't have a seating chart for it. What a bunch of hicks.

You got the right sections...we were also threatened by a "hillpunk" , a hybrid between a hillbilly and a young punk at a local bar in Mankato. Evidently "Sioux" is a girls name, as this fellow told us about 20 times throughout the night, each time thinking he was more clever.

Here is a link to their hockey seating...

http://www.alltelcenter.com/locator.php3

Last year I seem to remember more Sioux Fans than Mankato fans...should be a fun weekend.

mine are 103 friday night and 102 saturday. i have never been to the mankato series before, pretty excited to see it though! i heard its one of the best to go to

Last year I seem to remember more Sioux Fans than Mankato fans...should be a fun weekend.

Last year I had a blast at the Mankato series. But, since it is Homecoming here, I will not be making the trek to Mankato. Cheer loud and have a beer at Blue Bricks for me! I am thinking about going to the St Cloud series though...